• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh man the game has gone to dog shit in terms of performance. All day its been fine now its running really bad.

Dubz

So how do I equip the guns I get from battle packs. When I go to customize my soldier in game I don't see these guns anywhere. What do?

Archpath1

So how do I equip the guns I get from battle packs. When I go to customize my soldier in game I don't see these guns anywhere. What do?

Most are just skins would be in visuals section in customize , gun needs to be unlocked of course

The pre order stuff like lawrence rifle is under scouts weaopn list

Currently online players

PC: 46,825 (24h peak: 64,575)

XBOXONE: 110,173 (24h peak: 110,173)

PS4: 89,653 (24h peak: 89,653)

Total: 246,651

Man the console's keep upping their peak #'s, while PC has been declining for a while.

Console players coming home and hopping on the couch? PC gamers played all night and went to bed?

Currently online players

Man the console's keep upping their peak #'s, while PC has been declining for a while.

Console players coming home and hopping on the couch? PC gamers played all night and went to bed?

Xbox #1 because of bundles/deals? I expect PS4 to outpace it

Lakitu

st5fu
Currently online players

I think it's somewhat too early to judge since the game isn't out yet for everyone but I hope those PC numbers improve.

CryptiK

I think it's somewhat too early to judge since the game isn't out yet for everyone but I hope those PC numbers improve.

They will. The game isnt at its official release. People who bought CD Keys or digital editions from else where or at retail can't play yet.

Tovarisc

Currently online players

Maybe lets wait until e.g. Sunday when game is actually out and there has been few days of real playtime. I doubt whole Early Enlister 3 Day Extreme Deluxe Edition is such a hit and outside of that early copies don't exist in PC space unlike on consoles.

Ovid

Can anyone compare this to Battlefield 1943? I loved the hell out of that game, but have never really gotten into another Battlefield game other than Bad Company 2.

I played Battlefield 1 beta and I can tell you it's very similar to BF1943.

I'd say it's a mix of BF4 and BF1943.

MiguelItUp

Currently online players

Hasn't DICE said these numbers aren't entirely accurate multiple times? I mean, that's what they've at least said previous in regards to the stat sites.

rubes7844

Banned
How the fuck do I quit out of a match when it's over? By time I see my score, I'm stuck and I have to manually quit out of the game via xmb

The amount of games I'm in where my team is losing by absurd amounts it becoming ridiculous at this point. Especially on Suez. What a shit map, my god. Half of my feels as though people aren't actually trying to capture flags.

Shady859

Played a round of Operations and pretty sure noone else actually used medic tools the entire game = 263 heals for me. LOL had to save that end of round screenshot.

Operations mode is insane fun but i've yet to be a defender unless you are allowed to swap mid game and that teams usually full.

Same. They didn't have the same frame-rate back then that we have now.

On PS4, it's no worse than BF4 is. I think it's fine.
On BF4, frame rate was between 40 and 60.

That BF1 video is between 40 and 60 for the most part, but it also dips under 30 in some instances. I don't think BF4 on PS4 ever went that low.

As before: anyone know if XB1 owners get map packs early due to the marketing tie in, ala COD, or has nothing been announced yet?

Is it easier to play as an actual medic now btw? I.e. reviving without the need for other players to request a pick-me-up?

NBA 2K and now this, no turning back now just give them your pay to play fee. I've said forever that THIS model is how they finally get people to switch to buying digital with a timed exclusive.

I can see why Dice must be loving this set up. They sell more digital copies than usual (most likely) for the chance to play three days early, which lessens reliance on retail stores and provides what I anticipate be a larger margin on each copy by only loosing fees directly to Sony/MS plus any physical production/transport fees compared to if that game had been sold via brick & motar. Further, they can 'price' the early access copies at a premium over the standard edition (physical or digital), which is revenue that they get upfront, is largely non refundable given the poor nature of the console store fronts, and even if that player gives up on BF1 next week (and therefore doesn't buy map packs/premium subs), EA have still captured additional revenue above the standard $60 price tag.

Oh, and it allows them to anticipate 'day 1' server load, and spread initial server demand over a week instead of around 48 hours, which reduces the chance of brand/reputation damage from day 1 server troubles. And another bonus: allows DICE to track critical bugs and potentially nip them in the bud for the full release.

For sure. Is it possible to unlock an LMG or HMG for the secondary attack? I love having the LMG in BF4 with its own cooldown. So you don't have to worry about wasting valuable shots that would otherwise hit the tank that shows up to support the infantry you're killing.

I can't remember one being announced, nor anyone saying it wasn't definitely ruled out. Any players want to give us a heads up? I kind of got the feeling in the beta though that historical designs aside, DICE definitely wanted tanks limited by the number of players inside of it working together. Without four other players supporting the main gunner/driver, you end up playing a much more medium range/support role, lest you get blown up by the dynamite sticks.

I really want to pick this up for PC, but I'm afraid that my machine won't do well at all with it. Anyone have a chance to check out a similar set up with the game?

Intel Core2Quad Q9550 at 3.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
AMD 7870 GHz edition 2 GB

Lol, nice to see someone with a PC almost as bad as mine:

Q6700 @ stock
4GB RAM
AMD 5770 1GB.

As you can imagine I'm going PS4. Definitely making a new rig next year though.

Three more days.

How is it on PS4?

Are you in the PS4 community? The next few days will be torturous!

Sanjuro

I guess the best workaround would be taking advantage of the ten hour trial if my shipment has been missed.

I've never used EA Access, will this work normally for the time being?

renzolama

I bought it on PS4 because the multiplayer communities for FPS games that aren't overwatch/csgo usually stay healthy longer on console, but I'm somewhat regretting it after seeing the performance in both the interface and the game engine. I've only been playing campaign mode and have seen a lot of weird hitching leading to brief graphic artifacts like players models appearing for an instant in the wrong place etc. During some of the tank combat in the campaign the FPS variability felt like it was affecting my aim way more than I ever experienced in BF4 or SWB. I'm sure it's fine and serviceable, but I was hoping for performance closer to SWB which seems to run silky smooth on PS4.

Schlorgan

I guess the best workaround would be taking advantage of the ten hour trial if my shipment has been missed.

It should. You won't be able to play the whole SP, but I think all of the MP is open.

Shady859

Is it easier to play as an actual medic now btw? I.e. reviving without the need for other players to request a pick-me-up?

I like it better and I usually main as assault medic. When anyone dies they automatically give a skull with a timer around it and if you revive in that window they can't refuse it. After the countdown you can still get them sometimes it seems like, I assume they are just waiting seeing the medic near display. Medic crate whoring is still lovely as always. The starting gun is the only bad thing about the class since it's just 10 rounds.

LNBL

What do you mean work normally?

If you get a month sub for ea access you can play for 10 hours. Think its 2 chapters of the SP and all of MP. Your progression is even saved when you get the actual game if im correct.

Sanjuro

It should. You won't be able to play the whole SP, but I think all of the MP is open.

What do you mean work normally?

If you get a month sub for ea access you can play for 10 hours. Think its 2 chapters of the SP and all of MP. Your progression is even saved when you get the actual game if im correct.

I think that answers it. I didn't know if they were treating BF1 any differently when it came to MP. Amazon told me my copy should arrive tomorrow.

rdytoroll

There are so many bad players I've encountered today, it's kinda hilarious. Zero map awareness, not reviving people, generally running around like headless chicken. Some of them have a variation of "CoD" or "Skiller" in their name or my personal favorite "CoD-Killer". These are real names lmao

I like it better and I usually main as assault medic. When anyone dies they automatically give a skull with a timer around it and if you revive in that window they can't refuse it. After the countdown you can still get them sometimes it seems like, I assume they are just waiting seeing the medic near display. Medic crate whoring is still lovely as always. The starting gun is the only bad thing about the class since it's just 10 rounds.

Yesssss! Medic was the only class I didn't back really use in the Beta, as it just had no function to me without a decent revival system! How long does the timer last, is roughly the same as BF4?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
There are so many bad players I've encountered today, it's kinda hilarious. Zero map awareness, not reviving people, generally running around like headless chicken. Some of them have a variation of "CoD" or "Skiller" in their name or my personal favorite "CoD-Killer". These are real names lmao

Hopefully they leave then it sorts out the better players, few times there would be like 4-5 medics within 10m of my body and not one would attempt a revive.

Yeah, my last game was annoying. Everyone on my team was either assault or scout. The ones that did play medic or support hardly ever gave out heals/revives or ammo. They pretty much only did it when they needed it. Also nobody spots.

I'm running towards our flag because it's being taken and here I see a teammate running away from it. I'm just like wtf don't you see it being taken?

Top Bottom