• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

M.W.

SP is kind of lame. Like stated before these mini episodes don't cut it.

MP is definitely where it's at. Bayonet charge instead of sprint all day!

Just played Operations for the first time.

3o85xls3sJEuWj3vtC.gif

That was awesome. Wish the fps on PS4 was better.

Foxxsoxx

Was it ever that bad on BF4? Can't really remember.

I played probably 400 hours of BF4 and never experienced drops as bad as BF1s.

BF4 had dips but it was usually 45+ frames unless the skyscraper was falling. BF1 constantly is going from 60 to 40 to 30 and is heavily jarring.

Is Operations less laggy?

A bit, you get the option to choose 40 or 64 player Operations. As long as you choose 40 it's better frames.

Unfortunately on console they took away Conquest small so you have to play 64 at the moment, there is no other option.

M.W.

Ballroom Blitz TDM. Entire team down one long hallway at the end. Put on my grenade attachment, launch all 3, then toss my frag grenade...7 kills. Feels good.

Nyx

If you've played bf4 on the ps4, you can expect very similar performance here.

Me and my friends agreed it runs better than BF4. I seriously do not understand all the complaining about the PS4 framerate.

Yes it drops when there's a lot going on, but reading it gives people a headache f.e. really blows my mind.

jaaz

Man, LMGs are terrible until you get the BAR. DICE really screwed the support class here. A pistol or trench gun will kill you faster than an LMG at medium range. It's utterly stupid that DICE didn't realize this during play testing,

So SP is totally just using MP maps for certain levels right? Honestly I haven't been too big on any of it other than the very first thing you get booted into upon a first startup.

None of these stories seem to have any actual emotional stakes because so far it's just been telling their individual stories at a breakneck pace. Sure the stuff happening is obviously "emotional" but none of it is displayed very well or told well. There isn't enough time to build relationships between characters, and dramatic moments just fall flat.

Played a few games today, I can't wait for more friends with mics to get the game.

I share with everyone else's frustration when squad leader doesnt give any orders, can't switch squad since all others are either locked or full.

Kuosi

Me and my friends agreed it runs better than BF4. I seriously do not understand all the complaining about the PS4 framerate.

Yes it drops when there's a lot going on, but reading it gives people a headache f.e. really blows my mind.

even with the uneven framerate the frame times are still quite consistent so it really doesn't feel that jerky and unresponsive as some of the games do, obviously still not as good as holding steady 60 but it could be a lot worse

I want to say that I loved the SP. Finally, no teenage shit and forced done-to-death stupid 'funny' remarks. The voice acting was spot on, great graphics, varied campaign and I teared up a few times. I'll jump into MP later.

I just finished Gears 4 SP before that and it had teenage shit to the knee. Fucking annoying. This is a breath of fresh air to have adult writing in games these days.

I want to say that I loved the SP. Finally, no teenage shit and forced done-to-death stupid 'funny' remarks. The voice acting was spot on, great graphics, varied campaign and I teared up a few times. I'll jump into MP later.

I just finished Gears 4 SP before that and it had teenage shit to the knee. Fucking annoying. This is a breath of fresh air to have adult writing in games these days.

No shit, you teared up? Honest question. I'm interested to know when.

Shady859

Been playing mainly 40 man Operations and thought you guys were overreacting but wow 64 is noticeably clunky when I played conquest. Oh well 40 runs fine and no plans to replace it.

Get the tin foil hats out because this is all a trap put together by Sony and EA to make people buy the new PS4 AND new avatars for the crate drop line AND $20 for 3 days early AND they screwed digital folks out of 3 hours last night hoping you'd panic and buy physical as well AND conspiracy!

Rhoc

I'm mostly playing medic and loving it. Argonne Forest is an awesome map i had so many great and close games on it till now. If anyone else plays alot of medic i really recommend the M1907 SL Automatic kinda op.

Played a few games today, I can't wait for more friends with mics to get the game.

I share with everyone else's frustration when squad leader doesnt give any orders, can't switch squad since all others are either locked or full.

They should make a leadership system where they give a negative score to those who never make order and put those who does leader of the squad.

So SP is totally just using MP maps for certain levels right? Honestly I haven't been too big on any of it other than the very first thing you get booted into upon a first startup.

None of these stories seem to have any actual emotional stakes because so far it's just been telling their individual stories at a breakneck pace. Sure the stuff happening is obviously "emotional" but none of it is displayed very well or told well. There isn't enough time to build relationships between characters, and dramatic moments just fall flat.

The emotion isn't supposed to be with the characters. I felt the emotion from the text before the mission, playing that mission in a place where it actually took place over 100 years ago, and then the text after the mission.

Playing through these stories of actual WWI battles makes me feel. Not for the character I'm playing as, but the war.

No shit, you teared up? Honest question. I'm interested to know when.
Not to spoil it for those yet to play it, I teared up one those sad moments came up (in code: kid, gloves, Italy, Remember Us). I also felt it when the two soldiers were aiming at each other then both just gave up almost breaking down.
What a horrific time that war was. The Lost Generation, indeed. I am also happy I saw a quick movie about the war. Fucking horrific.

This will be a totally unpopular opinion, but the BF3 and BF4 campaigns were not that bad and were better then the BF1 campaign.
I enjoyed playing the BF3 and BF4 campaigns, and although I wouldn't say they were amazing, and it's true that they fell way short of the COD4 benchmark, they were still fun to play. I'm hoping BF1 is much better though.

Playing through these stories of actual WWI battles makes me feel. Not for the character I'm playing as, but the war.
I agree. Just learning that millions were lost in the war before playing, there was a moment when I was using a stationary gun and mowing down enemies in the SP and I thought 'all these people...'. A war nobody wanted and so many perished. It moved me.
The SP also gives you an idea of how large the war is spanning continents.
I would love to get more SP stories in the DLCs, but I don't think that is likely. But that's a good sign that you want more.

Yeah they're gonna nerf the BAR I can feel it. It's my favorite weapon and I have this nice distinguished silver camo on it and it's pure eye candy.

Is the ultimate edition really worth it? The main draw is getting all of the maps included. Will it be more expensive to buy the DLC as it comes out?

Top Bottom