• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Someone please tell me there is a fix underway for how slow the Start Menu operates while in game. Going to check the options or scoreboard is an exercise in frustration as the screen and controller become very unresponsive.

Theorry

Someone please tell me there is a fix underway for how slow the Start Menu operates while in game. Going to check the options or scoreboard is an exercise in frustration as the screen and controller become very unresponsive.

Dont think its a easy fix. The CPU is already under crazy load from the game itself.

Akai__

I just redeemed a free month for EA Access, because the Xbox Team granted me a code. But now I can't actually start BF1. What am I missing?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nothing beats those half hour rounds of 1000 ticket conquest large where the final score is only three tickets difference. Holy shit.

Nyx

How the hell so I unlock new weapons? I have enough war bonds and they show up as green in the weapons and gadgets screen but I don't see a way to unlock them.

Go to customization on the map screen. There you can change loadouts and buy new weapons.

Nothing beats those half hour rounds of 1000 ticket conquest large where the final score is only three tickets difference. Holy shit.

Had a 1000-999 win yesterday!

Maximus P

Just had a situation that was just like the end scene in saving private Ryan.

Was up a tower scanning the surrounding area and randomly sniping off enemy soldiers, when i noticed in the distance a hidden tank sat between two buildings,its main gun pointing right at me. Before I could say 'get out! ' to my fellow squad members we were all toast.

tumblr_mgw6gkfUll1qbmy9ko1_500.gif

jacobeid

Banned
Hey everyone, sorry to ask a dumb question that has probably been answered a million times but I'm on mobile and not finding much.
Is the campaign pretty meaty?

moai

so how do you select the skin for tanks horses or airplanes? i cant seem to find the menu. i want to know if i have the lawrence of arabia stuff. i do have thew knife and the badge but cant find the skins.

so how do you select the skin for tanks horses or airplanes? i cant seem to find the menu. i want to know if i have the lawrence of arabia stuff. i do have thew knife and the badge but cant find the skins.
When's you open the map there's Customization. It should let you check from there.

jeffc919

As someone said a couple pages back, mines are now persistent after death (unlike in the beta), but has anyone figured out how many you can have down at a time before they start disappearing? Also does anyone know how many are needed to destroy a full strength heavy tank? I've been dropping all 3 together and have destroyed plenty of tanks but I don't know if that is most efficient.

RS4-

Cool. I like that sort of detail.

Seen this quite a bit, how are they done in this?

Say you're tracking 1 medal
- get top 5
- win a round
- get 20 kills

If you win the round but don't get top 5, it doesn't matter, you have to get top 5 first. Then you have to win a round, finally get 20 kills. Have to do them in order. Like one game, I had 20 squad heals but it didn't matter, because I have to do 20 squad repairs first lol. Which leads to the next part...

I really don't like it either.

Can you make progress towards medals that are untracked too? Or just tracked ones?

Won't count unless you're tracking it.

N° 2048

- get top 5
- win a round
- get 20 kills

If you win the round but don't get top 5, it doesn't matter, you have to get top 5 first. Then you have to win a round, finally get 20 kills. Have to do them in order. Like one game, I had 20 squad heals but it didn't matter, because I have to do 20 squad repairs first lol. Which leads to the next part...

Welp, fuck medals then. That is such a bad way to earn them.

- get top 5
- win a round
- get 20 kills

Yep this is how it works. This makes sense as to why the "get 5 kills in one life" wasn't triggering even though I'd gotten it. That's fucking garbage that you have to do it in order.

Pastry

Banned
- get top 5
- win a round
- get 20 kills

I had no idea that's how medals work lol

sTiTcH AU

The way medals are handled is garbage.

Yep. Totally agree, I have gotten three so far and I absolutely hated the last part of the Revolver medal, but I just had to finish the damn thing because I did the work on the first two parts of it. Finally got the 5 kills in one life for it and will never, ever use those POS revolvers ever again. Holy fuck was that stressful and just completely not fun.

Most of the medals are not that bad for what you need to do. But the fact that you have to have it specifically selected for it to even count towards its progression is stupid. I don't understand why all the weekly medals don't simply auto track and you can just select which one you want to show up on screen.

Keasar

So, I completed the single player.

It was.....okay, at best? At least the first mission Through Mud and Blood, that one was actually really good. I liked the characters, the length, the setting and the overall story. Then after that I feel like the rest was just lacking. Like they were really the low priority and they made one really good in order to constantly showcase it.

Friends in High Places had a interesting story but was short and had some seriously stupefied controllers for flying the airplanes (think Battlefront).

Avanti Savoia was short and played out on a multiplayer map. Felt a bit alright story wise but didn't really flesh out the characters.

The Runner had interesting characters but boring missions and was also short (this is pretty much the theme of all the missions except the first).

Nothing is Written had barely any characterization, played out on a multiplayer map and was just honestly boring too with a boring climax.

The Epilogue in the end was just a video.

Then there is not to mention the slapstick A.I which did some really silly shit while I was playing, you'd think in the budget they could afford some of the programmers who made the A.I for more successful open world shooters like Far Cry, Crysis etc. These were just really dumb.

As for the whole "Battlefield 1 Single-Player Campaign Embraces Series' Open Sandboxes" it really didn't. The airplane missions were strictly airplane when it was time for airplane and on foot when it was time for foot, though you could fly a little bit here there (but with seriously simplified controls, if this was supposed to prepare you for the multiplayer, prepare to fucking crash and burn repeatedly cause the controls were Battlefront style of simple while there is not such option in the multiplayer). Same with everything else, the only sandbox, sorta, was Nothing is Written which used Sinai Desert map from multiplayer as playground and you went around and did some stuff.

All in all, can we stop asking DICE to make single player now? There have been hints that they can do it (Through Mud and Blood was one such hint) but I feel that in the end it's just wasting people's time. It drains development resources and for those who buy the game for its single player only as some weird people do, its only gonna come out as a disappointment. Not that any of that budget would be reallocated to the multiplayer part as you would assume like a reasonable human being, that did not happen in Battlefront which had one of the most lacklustre contents ever for a multiplayer only game.

The way medals are handled is garbage.

Yup, find it really annoying having to focus on one (at a time) of the objectives on each medal at a time. They ruin gameplay rather than enhancing it when I try to fullfill their objectives by going out of my way on focusing on singular things rather than picking a medal that fits my general style of play and just over time slowly filling it up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
- get top 5
- win a round
- get 20 kills

The hell?
No Medals for me then lol

sTiTcH AU

The Runner had interesting characters but boring missions and was also short (this is pretty much the theme of all the missions except the first).

Yep, I feel like they nailed how an Aussie talks, especially the swearing and I had a good laugh at the New Zealand joke.

When a tank/plane/horse become available, you move your spawn icon over to it, before hitting the spawn. You may notice a lower bar showing the type you can select, on Xbox you just hit the right trigger until the last one where you can see options to select what type.

So far I've only done it with the tank and black horse.

jamxo

Neo Member
From the dirtying guns, incredible textures and peaks and troughs as you are lying in the stuff - this game has the best mud I've ever seen in a video game

Top Bottom