• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Daffy Duck

Say you're tracking 1 medal
- get top 5
- win a round
- get 20 kills

If you win the round but don't get top 5, it doesn't matter, you have to get top 5 first. Then you have to win a round, finally get 20 kills. Have to do them in order. Like one game, I had 20 squad heals but it didn't matter, because I have to do 20 squad repairs first lol. Which leads to the next part...

Won't count unless you're tracking it.

Well that's just lame.

Does it work in that if you finish top 5 it then ticks that off and you are good to go into the next game and win a round, or do you have to literally do them in order, in one game?

Say you're tracking 1 medal
- get top 5
- win a round
- get 20 kills

If you win the round but don't get top 5, it doesn't matter, you have to get top 5 first. Then you have to win a round, finally get 20 kills. Have to do them in order. Like one game, I had 20 squad heals but it didn't matter, because I have to do 20 squad repairs first lol. Which leads to the next part...

Won't count unless you're tracking it.

This isn't so bad but I did play with someone who wasn't reviving as a medic because he said he was trying to reach his goal on medal he had assigned first. This causes people from focusing on the objective.

I only have 2 gripes with the game so far:

1. The medal system is absolutely atrocious. Who thought this was a good idea?

2. The inability to customize your classes and loadouts outside of a match is really, really weird. Hopefully they patch that in.

Man, LMGs are terrible until you get the BAR. DICE really screwed the support class here. A pistol or trench gun will kill you faster than an LMG at medium range. It's utterly stupid that DICE didn't realize this during play testing,

What? You can snipe with the Benet Mercie.

2. The inability to customize your classes and loadouts outside of a match is really, really weird. Hopefully they patch that in.

These are my complaints are well. They seem easily fixable in a patch though, so hop on this DICE.

Jb

This really makes no sense. Doesn't help that the menus are also pretty unresponsive at the moment (on PS4 at least).

Other than that the game's been really great so far. I can see myself playing this BF for a while.

RS4-

Well that's just lame.

Does it work in that if you finish top 5 it then ticks that off and you are good to go into the next game and win a round, or do you have to literally do them in order, in one game?

As long as you do them in order; but I'm not 100% sure if you can do more than one in a single round.

Like 10 pistol kills, then get 5 headshots.

Tovarisc

@etdragonpunch
lol, apparently bf1's dynamic resolution feature on ps4 is broken - it'll go as low as 160x90
CvIM2LuUMAAHWAu.jpg
CvIM2MEUkAA4ShY.jpg
CvIM2MGUIAAQ4gv.jpg
https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/788707108468383745

All the frames! :D

Balboa

I can't get the game to load on xbox after the title screen I'm stuck on a black screen with the spinning icon on the top right corner, anyone else?

Sanjuro

Goddam. The feel of this game is incredible. Can't say I've greatly enjoyed anything from the Battlefield series since 1942 either.

I played the intro and a few games on Xbox One so far.

jet1911

I tried the BAR but soon ditched it for my first love, the Benet-Mercie Telescopic with a 2.5 scope. Using snap fire and even short bursts (M60 tricks transferred from BF4), I can kill at any distance.

Unlocked that gun last night and it's pretty good! Certainly way better than the first support gun.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
How is PC performance?

I have a 1080 and want to play at 1440p.

But I think my i7 3820 @ 4Ghz is gonna hold me back quite a bit. Thoughts?

Machina

Banned
How is PC performance?

I have a 1070 G1 and a i5 4590 with an XL2730, so I'm playing at 1440 at 144hz and I'm getting on average around 65-70 fps with everything on ultra

Maybe medals not persisting past a round is a bug? It sounds hurtful to ptfo

Is there any other progression awards. Bc2 had both medals and pins

Shady859

Anyone else keep losing their loadouts in game? I've had to remake them so many times... PS4 and have the app tied to it as well. Maybe it's just a bug they fix quick because it's annoying as hell when you are scrolling in a build and it just vanishes on you.

Agree that it sucks you have to do medals in order of the checkoff box. I didn't realize you actually had to start tracking one before anything counted at all and even then I should've had the medic medal about 40 times by the time you do it once. It's tracking fine over multiple games though for me.

So how's the framerate PS4 vs Xbox One? Been trying to decide which version I should get, but I don't wanna get fucked. On Xbox One there were some serious problems with the menus during the beta, is that fixed?

Ark

How is PC performance?

Your i7 will be fine. I'm playing on low with no AA on a 970 @ 1440p. Game looks amazing.

Need to buy a 1080.

So how's the framerate PS4 vs Xbox One? Been trying to decide which version I should get, but I don't wanna get fucked. On Xbox One there were some serious problems with the menus during the beta, is that fixed?

Wth the dynamic resolution switching I would have assumed the framerate on both is a solid 60fps, but then what do i know, I'm waiting for the regular edition to unlock on PSN!

Theorry

Its better then the beta. But still abit sluggish. On both consoles btw.
Xbox One performance is slighty better then the PS4. Because of the better CPU. But its not much. So just choose the one you prefer or where friends are. :)

Pastry

Banned
Anyone else keep losing their loadouts in game? I've had to remake them so many times... PS4 and have the app tied to it as well. Maybe it's just a bug they fix quick because it's annoying as hell when you are scrolling in a build and it just vanishes on you.

Agree that it sucks you have to do medals in order of the checkoff box. I didn't realize you actually had to start tracking one before anything counted at all and even then I should've had the medic medal about 40 times by the time you do it once. It's tracking fine over multiple games though for me.

I think there is an app bug, resets your loadouts.

RS4-

Maybe medals not persisting past a round is a bug? It sounds hurtful to ptfo

Is there any other progression awards. Bc2 had both medals and pins

It's 50/50 on the medals shit. Sometimes mine says I didn't do it, then I'll switch medals back and forth and then it'll say I completed the missing objective, etc.

The opening to this game was amazing. I never really get too much into SP mode and strictly go into MP but I oddly want to finish this.

For the PS4, if you already purchased the game, was the day one patch already downloaded or is that coming on the 21st?

Man I used to be pretty damn decent at all the other BF games, except maybe BF4 but I just can't seem to get good rounds in this one. I get picked off constantly by random people and never seem to get a team that works cohesively as an actual TEAM!

Maybe I've been playing too much Overwatch and haven't adapted to BF1 yet. Game sure is one hell of an experience though. One of the most immersive games I've played

Calmine

Agreed the medal system is terrible why cant you just have all of them available, you can't even switch outside of a game.

Yeah always been annoying with the recent BF titles you would of thought they'd add in customisation outside of matches by now. You can set your load out via the site and mobile app though.

Lucifon

Menu issue is pretty much fixed. Sometimes it's a little sluggish but generally it's fine. In the beta it was full on freezing and unresponsive for seconds.

Some random funny screenshots. Enjoy.

Honestly can't play single player without something bugging out but at least its funny.

My closest game so far.

Horse Armor DLC

The ol' get revived and have no gun bug

Also I have a question, has anyone run into a bug where they try to shoot the BAR and it just... doesn't shoot for a second or two?

I think its usually when I cancel another action and just hold down the trigger. It's gotten me killed, I hope they fix it. (and that its not just me)

Top Bottom