• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Maximus P

Face the objective and use the spotting button. On PS4 it's R1

ah, thanks.

I'm sure I tried this, and it did nothing. I'll try again later.

A bit embarrassing when you get bumped up to squad leader and your team spam the 'requesting orders' thing. At little on screen script telling you what to do the first time you become leader would be handy.

taoofjord

Absolutely loving multiplayer. BF4 is a favorite of mine but this might end up being my second favorite after 1942. And the guns feel so good, gotta love those bolt action rifles.

Ouch. I was hoping for more consistent performance tbh. Hopefully DICE can work on compromises to stabilise the dips.

Looking forward to seeing the differences on the Pro model now. Although the Pro CPU is the same as the base model with a higher clock speed right? Given that it's maxing out older intel processors, I wonder how much the Pro can step up to the mark?

I heard a spooky noise and I prayed all would go well ):

ShadyFinishedEarthworm-size_restricted.gif

Hahaha. If in doubt in Battlefield hide in a fox hole. Then pray.

How do you change the appearance of your soldier?

ah, thanks.

I'm sure I tried this, and it did nothing. I'll try again later.

A bit embarrassing when you get bumped up to squad leader and your team spam the 'requesting orders' thing. At little on screen script telling you what to do the first time you become leader would be handy.

Your cursor needs to be right on the objective marker to do so, not just facing in it's general direction. And yes, the game is confusing in the beginning for first time Battlefield players :)

Nyx

Had the top score in my past 3 games.
Being a good squad leader and having random people follow up your orders surely helps!

Whilst it wouldn't make sense, I wish we could go through all the maps in an operation.

Maybe switch sides after an unsuccessful attack instead of just ending the game.

Harpua

Whilst it wouldn't make sense, I wish we could go through all the maps in an operation.

Maybe switch sides after an unsuccessful attack instead of just ending the game.

It would be cool if after 3 unsuccessful attacks, the defenders became the attackers but started on the last map and had to work the opposite way.

I'm sure it doesn't work with the narrative though.

NHale

Its dynamic on both consoles.

Xbone:
1100x620 up to 1780x1000.

PS4:
1100x620 up to 1807x1014

Yikes. Thanks.

Is there any comparison of how dynamic it is in each platform? Because it's one thing if it goes to 1100x620 5% of the time or 75% of the time.

Theorry

Yikes. Thanks.

Is there any comparison of how dynamic it is in each platform? Because it's one thing if it goes to 1100x620 5% of the time or 75% of the time.

That res is very rare.

".Note that pixel counts lower than 1280x720 are very rare even in demanding scenes."

taoofjord

Yikes. Thanks.

I notice it fluctuating quite a bit on PS4 in MP but overall it looks pretty great. I'm looking forward to the PS4 Pro version for more stable res and performance but it's certainly nowhere near a deal breaker in its current state.

I've also been playing the EA Access trial on PC at 4K/60 fps on a 65" screen and it's really not that big of a difference visually speaking. I wouldn't be too concerned. Something about the textures in this game make it less impressive at 4K compared to others. I actually dropped it to 1440p on PC just to make the image a little softer to make the repeating textures and overly busy rock textures less pronounced. It's sounds odd, but while it's a really nice looking game, aspects of it don't hold up to scrutiny, and it's very easy to scrutinize at 4K. But the reason I'm sticking to the console version is because I want to play it on my TV and with a controller and have no interest doing so against KB/M users.

Has anyone made a screenshot thread or anything yet? I definitely would but don't have the game yet, or the time :( Desperate to see how amazing screenshots though!

WillyFive

Ok, just for clarification, how to I play this early?

Buy the regular version of the game and sign up for origin access.

All you need is Origin/EA Access if you are on PC or Xbox On, you can buy the game at a later time.

However, only way to do it on PS4 is with the really expensive Early Enlister Edition.

Theorry

Is rent a server service available for all platforms?

Jup. Comes in november.

PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99

Ostinatto

Jup. Comes in november.

PC
1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99

Where are the servers located? i'm from Chile, if i rent one, i will have shitty ping either way?
thanks for the info.

pitchfork

Wow! i'm absolute dogshit at this game, almost feel guilty joining other peoples squads

Will always make a play for the objective though - zero fucks given in regards to k/d ratio

Brilliant game mind..

Theorry

Where are the servers located? i'm from Chile, if i rent one, i will have shitty ping either way?
thanks for the info.

with new features like not beeing able to kick cheaters.

Tomorrow some more info.

What types of features can I expect?
The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.
Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE

Wow! i'm absolute dogshit at this game, almost feel guilty joining other peoples squads

Will always make a play for the objective though - zero fucks given in regards to k/d ratio

Brilliant game mind..

To be fair i prefer players in my squad who PTFO and play their class role. That is what makes BF great imo. Its not about kills alone really. And medic who revives and heals i like more and they can rack up some good points with that.

USF

Tried playing Operations but I always end up on empty or >10 servers.
Is the matchmaking locked onto region?

pitchfork

Tomorrow some more info.

To be fair i prefer players in my squad who PTFO and play their class role. That is what makes BF great imo. Its not about kills alone really. And medic who revives and heals i like more and they can rack up some good points with that.

Yeah, i'm sticking with Medic for now to actually try and do some good lol

Ensoul

I have this for the ps4 and it looks and run great. Or at least I think it does. As a lifelong COD fan I have never really gotten into the Battlefield series.

Some positives from me:
I have to say it is a nice change of pace. I do like the maps and how the environments change.
If I die going for objectives (which is a ton) I am not feeding the other team killstreaks because, well there are none.
I can got shot and actually get away sometimes and head toward cover.
The different classes.
Seems less laggy than the COD servers/P2p

Some things that take some getting used to:
The slower pace of the game. (there isn't someone in your mug every 5 seconds)
Being a boot on the ground (most of the time)
Not having killstreaks (I am getting withdrawals from them)
Wish there were a few more objective modes.(I think a huge TDM in the conquest environment would be amazing)

Anyway, I am enjoying the game and this may keep me from buying COD 2017.

Jb

Yikes. Thanks.

I did notice it looking occasionally pretty low res on PS4, in Operations mostly when everything's blowing up around you.

JJD

Is it just me or the menus are super laggy?

The controls are laggy as well, and I could barely follow enemy soldiers in the small tank.

I didn't have these problems in the beta at all.

The menu problem I can handle, but I can't understand how controls were fast and responsive in the beta and now they fucking suck.

taimoorh

Guys does the EA Access trial allow full access to all modes of multiplayer? Specifically all maps on Operations mode?

I'm thinking of saving money and buying EA Access (€4) plus the base game (€60) to start playing tonight instead of the (€80) Deluxe version.

Rad-

Anyone else on PS4 getting this weird, how do I put it, very light image disturbance or like grain filter? Or maybe a better description would be that it looks like watching VHS (except very small effect) and they only appear on trees and foliage. I don't notice them other than in the jungle maps and they only happen when I turn my view. They aren't huge and not bothersome but something that I noticed.

If you have played Mass Effect 1 with the grain filter on, it's similar looking.

Guys does the EA Access trial allow full access to all modes of multiplayer? Specifically all maps on Operations mode?

I'm thinking of saving money and buying EA Access (€4) plus the base game (€60) to start playing tonight instead of the (€80) Deluxe version.
EA Access has a limit. You can only play half of the maps and modes. However any progress does carry over and it's cheaper to buy the full game. Well atleast in USD.

edit: I was wrong :p

Theorry

EA Access has a limit. You can only play half of the maps and modes. However any progress does carry over and it's cheaper to buy the full game. Well atleast in USD.

No since the enlister is out you can play all the maps and modes. Only SP is still limited to two missions. :)

EloKa

Tomorrow some more info.
In the official statement (few days ago) it was noted that you will be able to rent servers starting 1st november. For some reason they have removed this date from the statement because they either didn't want the community to know that there won't be enough servers for almost 2 weeks after release or that the server rental program will be delayed.

Once the servers are available they will start to work on a kicking / banning feature which might take some time again.

For the server location: afaik there is one location for every region. Sweden is the location for whole europe, so I guess that south america might have only a single location as well.

Theorry

In the official statement (few days ago) it was noted that you will be able to rent servers starting 1st november. For some reason they have removed this date from the statement because they either didn't want the community to know that there won't be enough servers for almost 2 weeks after release or that the server rental program will be delayed.

Once the servers are available they will start to work on a kicking / banning feature which might take some time again.

For the server location: afaik there is one location for every region. Sweden is the location for whole europe, so I guess that south america might have only a single location as well.

Well this was posted yesterday?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/266290/#Comment_266290

m@cross

Anyone do a comparison of multiplayer content in BF4 vs BF1? Curious if they are above or below that mark.

i.e. #maps, #conquest maps, #weapons etc.

Daffy Duck

I just watched a stream where the tank drove through mud and was throwing up mid from it's tracks as it went along, does this happen on the PS4 version too?

It looked amazing. Details.

RS4-

Still no fix for borderless?

My taskbar sits on top of the game, even when BF1 is in focus. And parts of the bottom are missing (not a huge deal but still obvious).

AEREC

How the hell so I unlock new weapons? I have enough war bonds and they show up as green in the weapons and gadgets screen but I don't see a way to unlock them.

Theorry

How the hell so I unlock new weapons? I have enough war bonds and they show up as green in the weapons and gadgets screen but I don't see a way to unlock them.

There is a level behind it to. So you need to be that level also in that class to buy them. :)

Top Bottom