• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Question for Xbox One players: is anyone else getting really bad frame hitches? Some of them are horrible, and completely pause the game for a second or two. I've tried closing and opening, opening 4 games past the splash (worked for gears), restarting the console. I didn't have this in the beta, and griping to friends makes it seem like I'm alone. :<
Nope, I noticed it. Game runs like ass on Xb1 too :/

Interesting to see what DF says about the frames. I also don't think it looks great on X1. Not terrible, but you can tell this game was made for PC :)

J-Rzez

Just an FYI that you can still get knocked out by a bayonet charge even with a Sentry gear.

That's the preferable way to take the champs out actually. If you don't have a lot of numbers, or they're in your face, charge!

Still no Nvidia drivers yet for this game?

aka_bueno

Sale. Campaign is not worth 60 bucks.

So not worth $60 for just SP imho. That's not to say the SP is bad, quite the opposite. I enjoyed the first SP chapter so far quite a bit (4 missions) but there's not much there as a campaign warranting $60.

Wait for sale for sure.

Game is TOTALLY worth $60 as a whole though, easily.

labx

Banned
So not worth $60 for just SP imho. That's not to say the SP is bad, quite the opposite. I enjoyed the first SP chapter so far quite a bit (4 missions) but there's not much there as a campaign warranting $60.

Wait for sale for sure.

Game is TOTALLY worth $60 as a whole though, easily.

Yes I think the game is worth as a whole 60 dollars, but I'm not good at MP less in those massive MP games. I made a mistake with SW: Battlefront.

I just noticed this map has a Double Rainbow when it's raining ha!

OK4mJUx.png

I played War Pigeons today. It was a lot of fun. I'll be going back for more.

I need to play something other than medic class, but it's my favorite for right now.

aka_bueno

May I get some Origin buddies to group up with and have fun, friendly chats? My Origin ID is: dawncunanan

Looking for more Buds to Battlefield with on PC.

Add SomeOneInaHat

There is a link to the Discord in the OT as well.

Adding you guys (and the discord channel), I don't normally play on PC but this is one of those games I had to get on PC to do it justice.

Hope you guys don't mine me stinkin' up the joint at first!

Xyber

Random and completely crap I played my full 10 hour trial and did not get a single one but my friend gets 4 and 2 back to back.

I got 6 of them in my trial, 3 in a row too.

The contents of them really doesn't matter though, so I wouldn't really care if I hadn't gotten any. It's just some extra fluff you will get every now and then.

Rur0ni

I live for the elite tank hunter class. Absolutely my favorite piece of kit. Hide well, reach out and touch folks, spot all over the map, multikills on tanks, three grenades, sawed off shotgun... just vicious.

blackflag

I would play a full length game of this airplane part of the single player. It's so freaking fun. Makes me wish for another Crimson Skies.

Hello, I'm a half-decent zeppelin pilot that generally does alright. I have some stuff that you need to know:

• Do NOT spawn and jump out immediately. It's NOT a mobile spawn point, it's a WEAPON!
  • Don't bitch when I go and kill the AA guns that are on the other side of the map, leaving behind the objectives. If we leave those AA guns up we're going to die. Objectives are for after I take out anti-air.
  • Start fucking shooting at the AA if you're a gunner and have a view.
  • Some don't seem to realize that the pilot has a weapon too, they don't just drive.
Too many people getting angry and also too many shitty pilots that get taken out in minutes.

LightInfa

Weird, I've definitely seen Defenders win much more in Operations.

Yeah from my tiny sample size Defenders have won all but once. Guess we'll need to wait for people how to play the mode a bit more before we'll know how well balanced it is. Probably the only balance issue that feels super clear to me is on Monte Grappa its very tough to take the second line of defenses because both CPs have underground bunkers that render the behemoth mostly useless. That being said, as both attacker and defender I've loved the battles in that sector as gas and smoke fill the rooms and the lamps shake from bombardment- desperately covering the door and reviving so you don't lose the indoor squad spawns...

jet1911

Yeah from my tiny sample size Defenders have won all but once. Guess we'll need to wait for people how to play the mode a bit more before we'll know how well balanced it is. Probably the only balance issue that feels super clear to me is on Monte Grappa its very tough to take the second line of defenses because both CPs have underground bunkers that render the behemoth mostly useless. That being said, as both attacker and defender I've loved the battles in that sector as gas and smoke fill the rooms and the lamps shake from bombardment- desperately covering the door and reviving so you don't lose the indoor squad spawns...

I've done 3 or 4 operations on PC during the trial and I never won one on the attack side. Today I played the Iron Wall one on Xbox and we steamrolled the defender. I think Monte Grappa was done in 10 minutes lol.

Pastry

Banned
I think the train is too powerful and probably needs some of an armor nerf. Very easy for it to roll into maps and alter the outcome beyond what it probably should. On Amiens for example it is really hard to get a clean shot at it so it essentially cuts the map in half and preventing you from even accessing the other half.

This is one of those weird games where the devs have created such an amazing blend of audio and visuals with gameplay feedback that I'm in a rush of fun and excitement regardless if I'm losing or winning.

*clap clap*

Thought my copy from Amazon UK might come early since it dispatched earlier than usual but nope, it looks like it's just going to be sitting in the Distribution Center until tomorrow :c

z3phon

Just started playing the game and played few games of multiplayer. Am I missing something or are the guns incredibly weak?
If it's not a head shot it takes loads of bullets to take someone down.

Nodnol

BTW, any advice for getting acquainted with the bullet drop of the snipers? It's a bit hard for me to wrap my head around on the fly.

Fire at a wall and watch where the bullet ends up. Use the objective markers for judging the distance.

It's not actually as severe as you expect, though I think thats down to shooting over much shorter distances than I would have in previous Battlefields. All the scopes have a default zero of 75m, and personally I've not adjusted it too much.

Got to Scout rank 7 during the trial, and generally either counter-sniped, or pushed up and played quite aggressively (for a sniper).

Best thing any Scout can do is fire their flare gun though. Bullet drop is down to familiarity more than anything.

Top Bottom