• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

There is a pigeon that spawns on the map somewhere. Your team needs to get to it and hold it. Then that person needs to hold it for a bit to write a message.

It's fun as a distraction from conquest. Uses the small map variety. It's pretty chaotic. With the pigeon you get some small scale directed action. A step above team deathmatch anyway.

Thx for a quick rundown. Probably zero interest in this but just maybe id give it a shot someday down the line.

After 4 hours of playing support, constantly dropping ammo for my comrades..... I'm still support level zero.

The grind is real.

Thought it was just me that was slow with this class, I am about 8 hours in and still not level 1. People rarely stay alive long enough to really make use of the ammo crates you put down.

I think it's your overall score in a game as that class.

Right that maybe makes sense as I have been playing a fair bit of Team Deathmatch which is very short and unless you are amazing the scores are quite low for everyone. At least much lower than a big game of the larger modes.

Nyx

Right that maybe makes sense as I have been playing a fair bit of Team Deathmatch which is very short and unless you are amazing the scores are quite low for everyone. At least much lower than a big game of the larger modes.

I've only been playing Conquest in squads with lots of capping flags, so yeah it should work that way. :)

I know everyone says the BAR is the best but fuck it, the Benét-Mercié Telescopic is my jam. I just pick up so many kills at long range that it more than makes up for the battles I might lose in midrange engagements.

Sanjuro

How's the X1 version (performance) ?
Are there server problems?
I'm thinking about buying this game but I was disappointed by the last Battlefield games. Bad Company 1+2 were the best.

I haven't liked a Battlefield game much since 1942. Had a blast playing the other day, might be my favorite war game feel ever.

So far, servers holding up well. Better than GoW4 first day at least for a recent comparison. Haven't had any serious glitches or slowdown.

Machina

Banned
Just had an idea, GAF.

Since we are playing a game surrounding the subject material, and DICE have taken such a respectful and "documentary" approach to the single player, the playerbase could continue that trend of showing respect by ceasing fire in game at 11am on the 11th of November for a few minutes as a mark of respect.

You could never nail it, as there would always be "that" guy who couldn't give less of a shit and just makes the most of everybody standing still for a few minutes, but it would be a great moment in gaming that would probably go viral if the BF community nailed it.

Just had an idea, GAF.

Since we are playing a game surrounding the subject material, and DICE have taken such a respectful and "documentary" approach to the single player, the playerbase could continue that trend of showing respect by ceasing fire in game at 11am on the 11th of November for a few minutes as a mark of respect.

You could never nail it, as there would always be "that" guy who couldn't give less of a shit and just makes the most of everybody standing still for a few minutes, but it would be a great moment in gaming that would probably go viral if the BF community nailed it.

I'll show my respect by going to a commemoration in real life, not by trying to go viral on a video game.

xVodevil

Is it crazy to buy this game only for team deatchmatch? Because that's basically all I want.

You make it sound like, that'd be something extraordinary, but hey it's a game about shooting each other, no matter what the mode is called, so that's not crazy at all. Even so you can be sure, in TDM everybody plays the objective :D

kriskrosbbk

Have custom emblems gone too far?

jk9oeLg.jpg

Nodnol

How's the X1 version (performance) ?
Are there server problems?
I'm thinking about buying this game but I was disappointed by the last Battlefield games. Bad Company 1+2 were the best.

Can only speak from the Trial.

Performance is pretty good. When shit gets crazy it can get a bit stuttery with frames dropping, but generally it's very playable. Depends on how sensitive to it I guess, but in ten hours I never got frustrated with it.

Server wise, the trial won't be a fair comparison due to it being a limited release (though it was faultless).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone spectated yet? Wanna see some cool shots with the cinematic mode.

How do you change your character skin or the skin on vehicles?! Thanks?

In the custom loadout its at the bottom of the list, skin for vehicles seems like you can only change when spawning into that vehicle. Just push Y / Triangle or the PC button you do for editing loadouts, some reason it won't show the button on the menu though.

kiyomi

Played through the first war story in the campaign via the Origin Access trial, and I'm actually really shocked by how good that campaign seems to be. At least in comparison to recent previous BF efforts. I really wanted to play more but I don't think I can justify the expense when I'm not going to have the time for MP.

What are the general thoughts on the campaign?

Nemic77

I'm getting annoyed that 60-70% of medics/support do't use their class abilities and we still haven't got past the early enlister days...

I'm literally going around with 0 bullets stabbing my team mates asking for ammo and they just stare at me.

Theorry

Played through the first war story in the campaign via the Origin Access trial, and I'm actually really shocked by how good that campaign seems to be. At least in comparison to recent previous BF efforts. I really wanted to play more but I don't think I can justify the expense when I'm not going to have the time for MP.

What are the general thoughts on the campaign?

First mission is good and long. The rest is short and pretty crap.

Rad-

I'm getting annoyed that 60-70% of medics/support do't use their class abilities and we still haven't got past the early enlister days...

I'm literally going around with 0 bullets stabbing my team mates asking for ammo and they just stare at me.

I love it how the game trolls you with nearest medics when you fall.

5 m
4 m
3 m
Me: Oh yeah he's gonna revive me. Revenge will be sweet!
2 m
1 m
0 m
Me: It's happening!
1 m
2 m
3 m
Me: Wait wtf?
4 m
5 m
Me: Oh fuck off.

I swear every medic has changed their revive ability to the nade launcher. That's the only sensible explanation.

Xater

I love it how the game trolls you with nearest medics when you fall.

5 m
4 m
3 m
Me: Oh yeah he's gonna revive me. Revenge will be sweet!
2 m
1 m
0 m
Me: It's happening!
1 m
2 m
3 m
Me: Wait wtf?
4 m
5 m
Me: Oh fuck off.

I swear every medic has changed their revive ability to the nade launcher. That's the only sensible explanation.

Not me! I'm a great medic. I totally have experienced that myself as well though.

Got the game after all and man what still annoys the shit out out of me is is incompetent squad leaders that don't give orders. It's such an easy thing to do and benefits everyone.

Top Bottom