• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How do you change your character skin or the skin on vehicles?! Thanks?

I love it how the game trolls you with nearest medics when you fall.

5 m
4 m
3 m
Me: Oh yeah he's gonna revive me. Revenge will be sweet!
2 m
1 m
0 m
Me: It's happening!
1 m
2 m
3 m
Me: Wait wtf?
4 m
5 m
Me: Oh fuck off.

I swear every medic has changed their revive ability to the nade launcher. That's the only sensible explanation.

Lol I think most people are just medic for the rifles. I played as one last night and I'd say a good 80-90% of them did fuck all and it was all me doing the reviving and dropping health packs.

I barely see anyone from the Support classes dropping ammo even when requesting, easier to just die and respawn with a fresh loadout than wait for one of those fuckers to come along.

*Splinter

5 m
4 m
3 m
2 m
1 m
0 m
1 m
2 m
3 m
4 m
5 m

I swear every medic has changed their revive ability to the nade launcher. That's the only sensible explanation.
I think the distance only shows up if they have the syringe, so yeah they're just ignoring you :p

Theorry

5 m
4 m
3 m
2 m
1 m
0 m
1 m
2 m
3 m
4 m
5 m

Even official BF twitter gets it. :p

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/788850774574936064?lang=nl

Nyx

If you want to add some extra points but are playing Conquest alone, be sure to create a new squad and follow up your own attack orders.

You get bonus points and soon enough people will join your squad.

Xater

Lol I think most people are just medic for the rifles. I played as one last night and I'd say a good 80-90% of them did fuck all and it was all me doing the reviving and dropping health packs.

I barely see anyone from the Support classes dropping ammo even when requesting, easier to just die and respawn with a fresh loadout than wait for one of those fuckers to come along.

I could see that. I started playing more assault because I have been a game with way too many medics, even though medic in BF is my favorite. Assault is an exercise in frustration because there are way too many trash medics. It's not just about reviving. The amount of times I am wounded next to a medic without them throwing me a health pack is staggering.

Daffy Duck

After 4 hours of playing support, constantly dropping ammo for my comrades..... I'm still support level zero.

The grind is real.

I played three games of conquest last night as a medic, revived my squad and other people loads, and after 3 full games I was just barely near level 1, lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned

I can only drop so many supply packs and I need them to myself :3

Jb

I played three games of conquest last night as a medic, revived my squad and other people loads, and after 3 full games I was just barely near level 1, lol.

So only by doing class-specific stuff like healing and resupplying do you level up your class rank? Not by simply playing the objectives and getting kills?
I'm not quite clear on that stuff.

Jarrod38

Some people are so terrible at this game. My team had all the points captured and then the other took them back and well my team couldn't get a single one back.

Daffy Duck

So only by doing class-specific stuff like healing and resupplying do you level up your class rank? Not by simply playing the objectives and getting kills?
I'm not quite clear on that stuff.

It must be, I had over 12K score as well because I was running around taking/defending objectives for the whole time too.

My total score after just over 1hr play time for medic is 36,757.

Looking at the companion app by level is just below halfway between 1 and 2.

Here's another question, on the companion app do the symbols next to the locked weapons (Mondragon storm for example) show I have to be level 1 to unlock that weapon? If so why is not unlocked for me as I appear to be a medic level 1.

I'm probably going to play as medic most of the time when I get this game. And I will revive the shit out of people. And kill a lot of people. But I'm pretty great.

OldMan

Banned
Just curious, did BF1 win back any 1942-3-BF2 players? I got the vibe like Dice lost some people along the way (while gained some) in their transition into the next generation with Frostbite and Bad Company

HowZatOZ

Banned
Yeah this singleplayer is hands down the best war time retelling ever. They literally tell you that you will die, and it doesn't matter. Brutal as fuck.

Xater

Just curious, did BF1 win back any 1942-3-BF2 players? I got the vibe like Dice lost some people along the way (while gained some) in their transition into the next generation with Frostbite and Bad Company

I've been with Battlefield since it's inception. Hell I even played Codename Eagle multiplayer. Never felt the need to leave. I played all the games, some I just liked less like Vietnam and 2142.

PS4 medic here, I got your health box and needles for free anytime you're down next to me. Don't worry when you're down and I'm standing next to your dead body shooting I'm protecting you before I revive you, don't hold that X button yet! Sorry if I lose the gun fight though.

Afro

tt11353551fltt.gif

Daffy Duck

I have died so many times crawling to a "dead" mate, just to be killed by a sniper right after I revived them. #Sacrifices

I know those feels, I ran from the cover of a building last night to revive a fallen comrade to only get mowed down by a tank.

Jb

Here's another question, on the companion app do the symbols next to the locked weapons (Mondragon storm for example) show I have to be level 1 to unlock that weapon? If so why is not unlocked for me as I appear to be a medic level 1.

This seems like a bug. Can you buy that gun from the in-game menu?

Xater

When we are already speaking about medics I have a question for the OP:

Could we maybe add a favorite class column to the spreadsheet? That can also sometimes be useful.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Love doing this when a group rush up the stairs, had another where I had three pieces of dynamite rigged in a house on each floor. Waited for them to come up then I jumped out the window, blew it and the house fell in on them killing all. ;D

uzqRtUB.gif

Some people are so terrible at this game. My team had all the points captured and then the other took them back and well my team couldn't get a single one back.

Last night on Quentin Scar I'd say a dozen people stayed back at A point for about 10 minutes before pushing up to another point but by then the other team had captured the majority and we were already out in the lead by quite a bit.

Roussow

Theres a BF1-GAF group on PSN. Cant remember the name

Is that sort of thing sorted by region? Finally found that little dongle mic the PS4 so I'll be looking for people to play iwth. I'll just say it here -- if there are any Aussies looking for a player in the next few days, chuck us a message!

Redders

Is that sort of thing sorted by region? Finally found that little dongle mic the PS4 so I'll be looking for people to play iwth. I'll just say it here -- if there are any Aussies looking for a player in the next few days, chuck us a message!

It's in the OP "NeoGaf Battlefield1 community" the community isn't sorted by region but if you go on the Google drive that's in the OP that lists peoples time zones.

Top Bottom