• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Theorry

tt11353551fltt.gif

Haha, You know you gonna need to spam that.

Just curious, did BF1 win back any 1942-3-BF2 players? I got the vibe like Dice lost some people along the way (while gained some) in their transition into the next generation with Frostbite and Bad Company

Was a big time 1942 player. The last Battlefield game I liked was Bad Company 2. Wasn't much of a fan of 3 and 4, but I absolutely am loving this one.

Cronnie

Yeah servers are having issues, official support tweeted out that they are "aware of the intermittent connectivity issues at present and are investigating. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Oh and bombing runs are a blast (pun intended), got a squad wipe on my second game in the air.

RS4-

Was a big time 1942 player. The last Battlefield game I liked was Bad Company 2. Wasn't much of a fan of 3 and 4, but I absolutely am loving this one.

This is how I feel too. I couldn't stand 3 and 4, but put up with it because it was BF and what was I going to go back to, the COD games that were out at the time? No thanks.

I think I built a new PC specifically because BF3 was coming out.

stupid question for those who purchased via amazon (cd key only, no disc)

does the code get sent to email or will i see it in my orders page under my account?

wbEMX

Just got my PC copy for 48 bucks thanks to a local shop which is currently doing a 20 % off all games promo.

Will activate the code after midnight. I still have four hours of trial time. :D
7WX9cSG.jpg

Pastry

Banned
After spending maybe 10 hours with the game I am really enjoying my time with it. I've got some minor nitpicks here and there but they are pretty common opinions and I have a feeling they will be added/balanced in future updates. As much as I loved BF4 I am just happy to be moving on lol

Gaz_RB

I know everyone says the BAR is the best but fuck it, the Benét-Mercié Telescopic is my jam. I just pick up so many kills at long range that it more than makes up for the battles I might lose in midrange engagements.
Dude shut up! The BM Telescopic is the secret best gun in the game, don't go around telling everyone.

Maximus P

Has anyone actually taken the Argonne Forest in operations as the attacking team?

I have never seen it happen yet after around 10 games.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My HUD wont show now even though its enabled, all I did was activate a few things like kill log and adjust cross hair color.

Daffy Duck

The atmosphere on the map in the forest with the train line running through it is crazy.

Me and someone else where stood in a funnel like place where a wide space went into a narrow passage, the passage was covered in smoke and you couldn't see anything, but you could just hear war on the other side, then a squad of enemies came through and we killed them all, felt very nasty, but the sense of dread of going first through the gap in the smoke was very large.

Arucardo

Just got my PC copy for 48 bucks thanks to a local shop which is currently doing a 20 % off all games promo.

Will activate the code after midnight. I still have four hours of trial time. :D

You can activate it right now if you want, it shows up as a separate game in origin so you can still use the trial hours.

Grisby

So, I liked the beta, but figured there were just too many MP games going on for me right now, so I wasn't going to pick it up.

But man, it has been so long since we've had a WW type of game on this scale and reading the reviews about how the SP campaign is decent. I've been watching a lot of The Great War Channel on youtube too.

I'm going to get it.
I'm in. Another Medic will join the fray.

Arucardo

really? I had 3 hours left and activating the code overides the trial (for me) cannot play until midnight :/

Weird, I just tried if it actually works and the game fires up just fine for me. Got two BF1 in my library now, one showing the Release date for tomorrow (and that it's pre-loaded) and another that shows how much time I have left.

Impulsor

Every time I've played that game mode on that map most of my team have camped at the choke points, picking up kills.

I've tried rushing, but when only a hand full of you are pushing forward it's a nightmare.

I feel you, people are still figuring out how to play this game.

Fury451

Banned
Medics who don't revive should be shot by their officers for desertion.

Here here.

My biggest issue is lack of health packs dropped. I had the flame trooper kit, was absolutely devastating the enemy at a choke point, but only had 18 health for most of it until I died. A squad mate medic was right next to me the whole time too.

Usually it just takes people time to get used to it though and learn how to play- I think each entry grabs a ton of new players.

I noticed in BF4 a lot of medics and support were shit at deploying healing, revives, and supply for the first few months- but once people learn the game and how to maximize their role it seems to get better.

Mugenjin

Here here.

My biggest issue is lack of health packs dropped. I had the flame trooper kit, was absolutely devastating the enemy at a choke point, but only had 18 health for most of it until I died. A squad mate medic was right next to me the whole time too.

Usually it just takes people time to get used to it though and learn how to play- I think each entry grabs a ton of new players.

I noticed in BF4 a lot of medics and support were shit at deploying healing, revives, and supply for the first few months- but once people learn the game and how to maximize their role it seems to get better.

The problem I think is that unlike in BF4 you don't get a flashing notification on screen when someone is requesting a health pack or ammo apart from a voice request in a foreign language.

And to add to your point that it takes a couple of months so more players will drop health and ammo: I would also attribute that to the fact that the people not interested in the team aspect of BF just leave the game sooner than later which leaves the more team oriented players.

Just received my copy from Amazon.
Unfortunately I don't have a TV right now, because I sold mine and my new will arrives tomorrow, so I have to via remote play on my Vita for now.
Hopefully the controls aren't too bad on Vita, but I expect the worst. Is there a way to use a normal controller while in remote play?

Download speed was surprisingly good. 12.5mb/s, the 2.3GB took like 4-5 mins to load.

Top Bottom