• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

andee-

Neo Member
My game (PC version) is preloaded and I live in Canada. Can I use a VPN to start playing earlier or do I have to wait until 9pm PST?

Foxxsoxx

Any of the maps like Armoured Kill? Didnt feel Sinai was one of them, but I loveeed the size of Armoured Kill maps. The flag placements felt good on those maps.

Looking at some of these maps, they all seem so ...cluttered? Like you have the first base flag, then a neighbouring base flag, and then one or 2 flags in the middle where everyone dukes it out. Most of the time, those base flags are guaranteed or they see far less action.

Are there different designs from this? Maybe a map where 2 flags are isolated away from the middle, but still fun to take and sees action? I just want the game to be spread out properly

Armored Kill style maps aren't really in the Vanilla maps. I love using vehicles but BF1 is more infantry focused with vehicles scattered in, especially transport vehicles which seem almost nonexistent.

There is a lot of running to objectives instead of riding there. Most flag positions are similar though, with 2 being for the enemy side, 2 for yours, and 2 in the middle though it works well admittedly.

jaaz

Nearby Medic: 1m : The Videogame

What's even better is when you risk your life to revive another medic, you die defending the revived medic, and the medic you revive doesn't bother to revive you, just goes on playing. This has actually happened more than once.

Aters

Yeah the desert sucks. I just chill in a cornor when the sandstorm strikes. Didn't know strategic gameplay includes "can't see shit".

TheRed

Does the lightning storm only occur on Empires Edge? It's the only map I've seen it on and it's incredible every time.
In Operations it was so amazing to see that storm take over the sky.

Tovarisc

Great, makes sense.

As a side to this, I had a few guns from those battle crate things, where do they go?

They are just skins. Once you unlock weapon for which you have skin go into weapon customization (cogwheel next to weapon in class menu) and you can change visual.

What kind of items are in battle packs now? Is it just cosmetics and xp boosts?

Skins and puzzle pieces for melee weapons. Get all pieces and you unlock rare melee weapon.

I really like the game, but I hate the packet loss symbol that keeps popping up on the screen. The game seems to be running fine even though that symbol keeps popping up. I wish I could disable that.

Fury451

Banned
I still don't understand why we can't just change loadouts in the menus. DICE will never cease to amaze me with their incompetent UI design.

I know a few people that don't play the series anymore because they prefer CoD's approach to UI. I agree with them, DICE is garbage at the most basic things like that, despite being wizards otherwise.

*Splinter

I really like the game, but I hate the packet loss symbol that keeps popping up on the screen. The game seems to be running fine even though that symbol keeps popping up. I wish I could disable that.
Options > Gameplay > Advanced > Network Performance Indicators: Hide

PS4 here, but I assume PC/X1 are the similar.

Vic_Viper

Is there a way to change your loadout and get new weapons without joining a match? The soldier tab should be it right? Seems way to complicated for something that should be easy to do.

TCRS

Banned
still not sure I'll get it. I mean I'm sure I'll get it but not now. The disappointment with the direction DICE is taking is too great.

bombshell

Is there a way to change your loadout and get new weapons without joining a match? The soldier tab should be it right? Seems way to complicated for something that should be easy to do.

The option to do it in the main menu is coming.

For now you can do it on the Battlefield website or in the companion app.

Vic_Viper

The option to do it in the main menu is coming.

For now you can do it on the Battlefield website or in the companion app.

WOW LOL that seems dumb right?

After playing the trial for a bit I went ahead and bought it lol. Surprising really fun. Love the setting and the missions ive done in the SP have been awesome. Really hope we get a WW2 game again soon now.

jaaz

Most of the maps in game cater to long range sniping and vehicle bombardment so you see a lots of that in BF1.

This is true unfortunately. And besides the scouts with sniper rifles, you have the medics with the DMRs. Some of those guns are surprisingly accurate at long range. So you end up with two out of four classes that can kill you from downtown. Some might say support too, but most LMGs frankly suck at long range, and don't suppress crap like they're supposed to, so I won't count those.

I think we can expect DICE to tweak some of the classes and guns soon. Particular the weapon class. Yesterday I had a close quarters firefight using an LMG (not the BAR) where the other player was using a pistol. I shot first, but he killed me and I was not praying and spraying. In what world could a soldier fire a pistol accurately while being shot with a LMG at close range and survive while killing his opponent. 98% of LMGs are garbage right now.

The Beard

Seriously, all the scout players are like a disease. While I was on respawn, I decided to count all the scouts on my team. 14 players out of 32 are fucking scouts, just lol.

I think the medals are going to do more harm than good. You're gonna get people going for these personal achievements instead playing objectives. Especially the sniper medals. Those are gonna get people who have no business sniping, camping on the edges of the map so they can get those medals.

I think the medals are going to do more harm than good. You're gonna get people going for these personal achievements instead playing objectives. Especially the sniper medals. Those are gonna get people who have no business sniping, camping on the edges of the map so they can get those medals.

This is going to get very frustrating

Orion514

I pre-ordered the Xbox One S with BF1 bundled with. Its supposed to arrive tomorrow, but Amazon has yet to ship it. ...I'm scared.

Tovarisc

Tapping ADADADAD... in the game doesn't keep you centered on spot where you stand, but instead game starts heavily pull you to left. This shouldn't happen when just tapping keys instead of holding one longer than another.

jaaz

This is going to get very frustrating

I usually don't follow Levelcap but I saw a video yesterday where he said he would not be surprised if scouts were nerfed (the snipers) as they are a bit OP right now. I think the problem is more with the maps than the class or sniper weapons--they simply lend themselves to sniping--but it's much easier to nerf a class/snipers than to change a map.

So we're STILL managing this via a tablet/phone instead of having it, you know, as part of the ACTUAL GAME????

EDIT: So it's 'coming'. Hmmm.

I usually don't follow Levelcap but I saw a video yesterday where he said he would not be surprised if scouts were nerfed (the snipers) as they are a bit OP right now. I think the problem is more with the maps than the class or sniper weapons--they simply lend themselves to sniping--but it's much easier to nerf a class/snipers than to change a map.

Generally speaking, snipers seem much better than older BF games. Unless Im mistaken, the bullet velocity seems much faster, meaning snipers have to do less to compensate for gravity and travel time

My greenmangaming BF one code came in about 2 hours ago and im preloaded and ready to roll out tomorrow. unfortunately im going to be working until 3 A.M. today it will have to wait until tomorrow for me to play on my PC. Between BF1, Gears, and Titanfall 2 I have no idea how im going to play all these games.

Tovarisc

BAR Telescopic is okay gun :b
bf1_2016_10_20_21_51_i7a84.png

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
This is true unfortunately. And besides the scouts with sniper rifles, you have the medics with the DMRs. Some of those guns are surprisingly accurate at long range. So you end up with two out of four classes that can kill you from downtown. Some might say support too, but most LMGs frankly suck at long range, and don't suppress crap like they're supposed to, so I won't count those.

I think we can expect DICE to tweak some of the classes and guns soon. Particular the weapon class. Yesterday I had a close quarters firefight using an LMG (not the BAR) where the other player was using a pistol. I shot first, but he killed me and I was not praying and spraying. In what world could a soldier fire a pistol accurately while being shot with a LMG at close range and survive while killing his opponent. 98% of LMGs are garbage right now.
DICE should make burst fire accurate for the LMGs, and maybe add a tunnel vision effect for heavy suppression. Or increased scope sway, or anything. It's worthless.

TheRed

Medals should all be tracked at once. It's so stupid when I switch off horseback kill medal to something else for a match and end up getting some horse kills that none of it counts for the medal. Complete crap, Call of Duty 4 did it better 10 years ago with its challenges and this game can't even reach that bar. They would be enjoyable to try and get over time otherwise.

Medals should all be tracked at once. It's so stupid when I switch off horseback kill medal to something else for a match and end up getting some horse kills that none of it counts for the medal. Complete crap, Call of Duty 4 did it better 10 years ago with its challenges and this game can't even reach that bar. They would be enjoyable to try and get over time otherwise.

Yeah the medal system is horrendous. I really hope they change it because the old way is so much better, and so much more enjoyable. As far as collecting cosmetics and being rewarded for playing the game, the medals/ribbon system was far superior:

In-game ribbons that varied in anything you did + overall career medals that were milestone achievements.

The BF1 system sucks so hard; https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/earning-medals-in-battlefield-1

I wonder what they were thinking. It just seems so stripped

DICE should make burst fire accurate for the LMGs, and maybe add a tunnel vision effect for heavy suppression. Or increased scope sway, or anything. It's worthless.

People whined about suppression in past Battlefield games, so DICE is probably trigger-shy on making it useful again. And when I say people, I mean sniper scum.

I say screw em, make suppression great again!

Tovarisc

Just bite the bullet until you can unlock BAR and then start playing Support like Assault. BAR rips people apart fast in close ranges. Telescopic BAR with scope and bipod also gets huge accuracy increase when mounted on bipod.

Godtier LMG!

Dubz

About ten hours in and I've played all the classes an equal amount of time. I am really happy with all of the classes, they al seem very useful....yes even snipers:)

jaaz

Just bite the bullet until you can unlock BAR and then start playing Support like Assault. BAR rips people apart fast in close ranges. Telescopic BAR with scope and bipod also gets huge accuracy increase when mounted on bipod.

Godtier LMG!

That's what I did last night. But man, was it painful to level the support class to 3. It makes you realize how much the other LMGs besides the BAR suck.

hollomat

Banned
I feel like an idiot but is there a way to quit matches after a match has ended? It shows me the results of the match, but I can't find anyway to quit out. If I want to quit I have to wait until the next match starts.

Top Bottom