• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

For those who have the game, you can unlock it now using VPN.

Download SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plugin
http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx

Install the client
Add a VPN connection
Click VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers
Click accept etc.
Double Click 'Australia'

Boot up your game once, disconnect from VPN and uninstall it.

Done.

I unlocked it earlier using a VPN, but when Origin is restarted the game is locked again, so don't uninstall just yet.

I used a different service, but I don't believe it would be any different with SoftEther.

Mothman91

For those who have the game, you can unlock it now using VPN.

Download SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plugin
http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx

Install the client
Add a VPN connection
Click VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers
Click accept etc.
Double Click 'Australia'

Boot up your game once, disconnect from VPN and uninstall it.

Done.
You sure this works? I connected to Korea but I dont want to just delete it and it'll lock me out.

People were crying bloody murder because their KDR farm didn't impact tickets so now it impacts tickets on top of flags generating tickets in steady space. You don't even need hold majority of flags for majority of match, just KDR farm more than another team yours will win. Gotten few wins like that already, we just out-killed opponent.

CQ system in alpha and beta was a lot more balanced and allowed some good comebacks.

yeah..but at the same time, holding majority flags DOES win you the game, as it is the number one way to ensure a faster upkeep than kills.

Also, as much as it sucks, kills counting at least means idiots who play TDM anyway will contribute something rather than nothing. It also greatly encourages medics to play a more prominent role. I wish they'd just remove KDR from the scoreboard and replace it with caps and defends. What's the point of tracking KDR when we have TDM anyway.

My biggest annoyance is that the mode truly comes off as Domination. The lack of ticket bleed just sucks as it was the one unique feature of Conquest.

When are we gonna see the phantom program in Battlefield 1? I live for that time consuming prestige stuff. The bow was kind of hard but super satisfying. I could see it playing well in this game.

Tovarisc

yeah..but at the same time, holding majority flags DOES win you the game, as it is the number one way to ensure a faster upkeep than kills.

Also, as much as it sucks, kills counting at least means idiots who play TDM anyway will contribute something rather than nothing.

My biggest annoyance is that the mode truly comes off as Domination. The lack of ticket bleed just sucks as it was the one unique feature of Conquest.

I wish they'd just remove KDR from the scoreboard and replace it with caps and defends. What's the point of tracking KDR when we have TDM anyway.

Just today I have won few rounds where my team was unable to maintain flag majority for shit, but was able to KDR farm to compensate for it. It's so stupid that by doing strong KDR farm you can "outplay" opponent.

Edit: Also moronic that BF1 doesn't have team shuffle build into it. Only way to quit being rolfstomp destroyed is to quit the game and try different server.

Just today I have won few rounds where my team was unable to maintain flag majority for shit, but was able to KDR farm to compensate for it. It's so stupid that by doing strong KDR farm you can "outplay" opponent.

Ideally:

-Score counts down, not up.
-Holding the majority of the flags causes ticket drain, with more flags held causing a bigger bleed
-Kills count, but perhaps are modified based on what kind of kill it is. Maybe kills within a flag are worth a ticket, while all others are not
-Tickets only drain when you are conquering (holding majority flags) or get a kill in a flag zone

Would that not be better?

Surfinn

As a medic i like carrying smokes, throw one out gives you some time to heal or revive in the smoke. The revive icon is still visible makes it super useful.
Still trying to find the rifle that suits me though

Using sweeper dont know how i feel, others reck me with it.

Damn, I'm gunna try this on the jungle map, good idea.

The Beard

Also, as much as it sucks, kills counting at least means idiots who play TDM anyway will contribute something rather than nothing.

I wish they'd just remove KDR from the scoreboard and replace it with caps and defends. What's the point of tracking KDR when we have TDM anyway.

Sure, if you hold 3 out of 5 flags for the entire match, you'll eventually win. But if you're down 700 to 900 and gain control of 3 out of 5 flags till the end of the match, they'll still win because you're barely earning more points than they are.

Sure, if you hold 3 out of 5 flags for the entire match, you'll eventually win. But if you're down 700 to 900 and gain control of 3 out of 5 flags till the end of the match, they'll still win because you're barely earning more points than they are.

Isn't this what the behemoths are for?

That said, I really wish they added back ticket bleed. With ticket bleed, anytime you held the majority, your tickets would freeze and the opponent's would drain, outside of kills.

Tovarisc

Ideally:

-Score counts down, not up.
-Holding the majority of the flags causes ticket drain, with more flags held causing a bigger bleed
-Kills count, but perhaps are modified based on what kind of kill it is. Maybe kills within a flag are worth a ticket, while all others are not
-Tickets only drain when you are conquering (holding majority flags) or get a kill in a flag zone

Would that not be better?

They should have just kept model that was used in alpha and beta, not giving into KDR criers. They had impact on matches, but because it didn't instantly show into tickets it was #ruined.

Surfinn

That's why it's important to get ahead early and not have to capture more than 3/5 to win the game. It's a damn hard thing to do. Though I've seen some pretty insane comebacks (and been a part of some). Sometimes people will rage out and a few more competent players join up. You can seriously brick wall the other team when it happens. It's even more frustrating when it happens to YOUR team.

The Beard

Isn't this what the behemoths are for?

That said, I really wish they added back ticket bleed. With ticket bleed, anytime you held the majority, your tickets would freeze and the opponent's would drain, outside of kills.

The Behemoths are garbage.

Ticket bleed was so much better. I have no idea why they would scrap such a perfect system. Change for the sake of change, I guess?

The Behemoths are garbage.

Ticket bleed was so much better. I have no idea why they would scrap such a perfect system. Change for the sake of change, I guess?

Ticket Bleed was definitely better. The BF community is disappointing in its indifference.

Just read this on Reddit:

'Shoutout to the squad of randoms I was playing with last night on Conquest Sinai Desert who camped right outside of C farming kills instead of capping it. My favourite part was when I started capping the flag they started to yell at me to get off the point and when I didn't they kicked me from the squad. Good to see the whole PTFO mentality is alive and well."

I mean, that's downright infuriating. KDR focused assholes plague this game and I cant believe their voice is big enough to have changed things.

Surfinn

Ticket Bleed was definitely better. The BF community is disappointing in its indifference.

'Shoutout to the squad of randoms I was playing with last night on Conquest Sinai Desert who camped right outside of C farming kills instead of capping it. My favourite part was when I started capping the flag they started to yell at me to get off the point and when I didn't they kicked me from the squad. Good to see the whole PTFO mentality is alive and well."

I mean, that's downright infuriating. KDR focused assholes plague this game and I cant believe their voice is big enough to have changed things.

Yeah.. it's one thing to get some kills and clear the area before advancing, it's another to camp out and spawn kill. The latter hurts your team. Move the fuck in and get a cap.

Intru

Received my PC copy today. Doubt I'll be able to play it, but might as well check if I can install it.

Looking forward to this - haven't played BF since Bad Company 2, since the other titles didn't seem to improve on much.

Tovarisc

That behavior happens because KDR now directly affects tickets and not because what CQ model was in beta. You need to understand difference.

Mugenjin

I'm also quite disappointed about the lack of ticket bleed. But atleast it's so much better than what they had in the Beta. What's wrong with keeping the good old conquest ticket system.

Surfinn

That behavior happens because KDR now directly affects tickets and not because what CQ model was in beta. You need to understand difference.

Believe it or not.. you can actually cap the flag you're 1M from and also get kills. Considering you can pull back a tank spawn from the other team AND that particular position on the map, I'd say you're a fool to not cap the flag, assuming it's relatively safe to do so (assuming you even CARE about winning/helping your team).

You're investing in a future chance to win by getting flags back. One tank or plane spawn/control point can sometimes mean the difference between winning and losing.

Theorry

I love how this gun shoots and reloads.

w5CkMjx.gif

Tovarisc

Believe it or not.. you can actually cap the flag you're 1M from and also get kills. Considering you can pull back a tank spawn from the other team AND that particular position on the map, I'd say you're a fool to not cap the flag, assuming it's relatively safe to do so (assuming you even CARE about winning/helping your team).

You're investing in a future chance to win by getting flags back. One tank or plane spawn/control point can sometimes mean the difference between winning and losing.

We don't know what situation of caps and overall match was in his example. Still blaming original CQ change for this behavior is dishonest because this behavior emerged now that KDR directly affects tickets. If game was using beta model then most likely cap would have been capped instead of KDR farming.

Surfinn

We don't know what situation of caps and overall match was in his example. Still blaming original CQ change for this behavior is dishonest because this behavior emerged now that KDR directly affects tickets. If game was using beta model then most likely cap would have been capped instead of KDR farming.

I'd like to see a situation where a team controls all points and loses because they are being killed on spawn by K/D whores.

Do you know when the admin of the PSN BF1 community will be on? I'm also wondering if I should've sent anything in my membership request besides "I'm a NEOGAF member".

DeaDPo0L84

I dont see why Mondragon would get nerfed nor any other gun at this point. I feel like ultimately any gun in this game can be great depending on the player due to lack of perks/attachments. Feels somewhat old school in that regard.

*Splinter

People were crying bloody murder because their KDR farm didn't impact tickets so now it impacts tickets on top of flags generating tickets in steady space. You don't even need hold majority of flags for majority of match, just KDR farm more than another team yours will win. Gotten few wins like that already, we just out-killed opponent.

CQ system in alpha and beta was a lot more balanced and allowed some good comebacks.
I might be mixing you up with someone else, but didn't you spend the entire beta complaining about conquest scoring?

Yo this is my favorite BF game I have ever played. Operations mode is so freaking fun.

This is also the first FPS where I'm playing medic instead of a sniper or something.

I just played a game where my team got mowed down and I instinctively popped my smokes where the gun fire was coming from and ran in and revived 4 people and we healed up and pushed in and won the round.

People were cheering, "What a fucking hero! Holy shit thank you!"

What a damn good feeling lol

Can someone who's used Origin more than me explain why my preload download sometimes randomly stops and switches to "Installing" for a few minutes?

Vic_Viper

Unlocks at Midnight Eastern from the looks of it. Says 11pm CDT Unlock on my Origin client.

Thank you.

As for Operations. It's by far my favorite new mode but they really need to add it to the server browser. I tried all 4 maps before I left for work today and all of them were empty or just didn't have enough players for a match. Although last night I was in a couple right away.

Still takes way too long to level up though, still battlefield I guess.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
They should have just kept model that was used in alpha and beta, not giving into KDR criers. They had impact on matches, but because it didn't instantly show into tickets it was #ruined.

They should have just left Conquest well the fuck alone, as nothing concerning its mechanics needed changing from the rest of the series. Nobody [that I know of] only wanted respawns to drain tickets and not also have ticket bleed return, as that is a half-assed compromise between those pleading to have classic Conquest back and the developers making pointless changes for the sake of making changes.

Would it have been better to keep the beta model for final release? Eh, hard to say. On the one hand, it more directly incentivizes reviving teammates to conserve your team's tickets and playing more thoughtfully so as not to waste a ticket by you dying needlessly. On the other, it encourages kill-farming as described above as an effective means of lowering the enemy's score, perhaps moreso than capturing flags. That's why you need ticket bleed (and significant bleed, too, not the slow-as-molasses nonsense that we saw in BC2 at launch, for instance) as a counteracting mechanism, where holding a majority of the objectives becomes the most efficient means of winning. Remove both mechanics (as in the beta) and the mode can't even be called Conquest anymore - you're left with glorified Domination. Might be more balanced than what we have now, I'm not sure, haven't played the game yet, but it's a far cry from what fans of Conquest have been enjoying for years.

Going to go pick-up my PC copy tomorrow at Best Buy.

Yeah, yeah... I know it's just a download code. But the GCU savings are too good to pass up.

I added a bunch of folks on Origin already - but anyone else not on the spreadsheet feel free to add me: Strikevillain

Is there scope glint on the non sniper class rifles that have a scope/telescoping sight? Talking specifically about the medic mondragon rifles. I'll stick to the non scope version if here is a glint.

For whom it may concern: CDKeys is now instantly delivering Battlefield 1 PC codes. I just bought the game, got my code, and popped it into Origin. Preloading now.

If I didn't have a stupid exam to study for, I'd stay up until midnight to try the game out. Hope everyone here is enjoying it!

Surfinn

Holy hyperbole, Batman.

I liked how alpha and beta did CQ scoring, so mixing me to someone else.
Ok let me rephrase. Show me a situation where deliberately not capturing a flag is a better solution than actually capping it, assuming the area is clear enough to try. The day where the former is more effective in the day conquest is dead.

Floex

Anyone else finding this extremely hard? There is so much detail and chaos that it's so hard to stay alive.

Also the frame rate needs improving on PS4, really not helping matters

Top Bottom