• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Nyx

Damn I love this game.

When your squad is playing the objective it's really amazing. So many great moments already!

Loving the gas grenade btw, wonder how many people don't know about the gasmask cause I've been getting quite some kills with them. Great to flush out buildings too.

Most maps are good to great but St Quentins Scar takes the crown for best so far, when it starts raining and you hear all the screams and explosions, very immersive.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You can tell the new players are here, so many playing like its a COD death match.

Also is there a way of putting our ping in the scoreboard list? Some of these matches feel really laggy.

Shock32

Are there any decent assault class guns, as far as i can the MP18 is the best so far. I unlocked the automatic 1918 and holy hell is the recoil out of control on that, not to mention the optic are garbage.

Unless you're trying to destroy vehicles the assault class seems useless on big open maps.

Theorry

Are there any decent assault class guns, as far as i can the MP18 is the best so far. I unlocked the automatic 1918 and holy hell is the recoil out of control on that, not to mention the optic are garbage.

Unless you're trying to destroy vehicles the assault class seems useless on big open maps.

Hellriegel. The level 10 one. The automatic is also more like a real SMG.

Fury451

Banned
Damn I love this game.

When your squad is playing the objective it's really amazing. So many great moments already!

Loving the gas grenade btw, wonder how many people don't know about the gasmask cause I've been getting quite some kills with them. Great to flush out buildings too.

Most maps are good to great but St Quentins Scar takes the crown for best so far, when it starts raining and you hear all the screams and explosions, very immersive.

If you are fairly damaged and run into a gas cloud before you get your mask up that's basically it- you are dead within like 5-10 seconds if even. I would wager that's where a lot of those kills come from.

The problem I think is that unlike in BF4 you don't get a flashing notification on screen when someone is requesting a health pack or ammo apart from a voice request in a foreign language.

And to add to your point that it takes a couple of months so more players will drop health and ammo: I would also attribute that to the fact that the people not interested in the team aspect of BF just leave the game sooner than later which leaves the more team oriented players.

That's a good point- it's obvious when a revive is needed, but otherwise if I see a group I'll just toss out a pack and hope for the best. A better indicator may be nice.

And that's probably also true about the team orientated players being longer-lasting. Surprisingly have had good luck with that so far though- especially with bomber gunners all working together and not just spawn-bailing.

rdytoroll

The automatic 1918 Sturm variant is awesome

RS4-

Adding you folks on Origin for some PC good times. Mine's "rsfour"

And GMG sent me my key, too bad I can't actually "play it," at least I still have the trial up for 6 more hours lol.

Is the spreadsheet just combining all platforms? The last time I looked at it, I don't think anybody stated what platform they are playing on.

At the bottom of the spreadsheet, it has PC/PS4/Xbox tabs but only the PC one is filled lol.

Pakoe

Any benefits in removing the bayonet?

I think the bayonet gave more recoil, could be wrong.

For anyone that had pre-ordered on CDkeys, i've just received my key.
In the e-mail you received after purchasing, there should be a link to the page with your key.

Thewonandonly

I have this pre ordered and am preety excited.

How is the sniping compared to battlefield 4 becuase I fucking love sniping in battlefield only game I snipe in :)

Kuno

I've seen some BF1 streamers change the zoom level of the minimap so that it shows more of the map. I think the default PC key is N.

Is there any way to do this on PS4?

RS4-

So...still no fucking way to tell if you're joining an empty game of Operation? I've only had a legit game once, all the other times had like 2 people in it.

So...still no fucking way to tell if you're joining an empty game of Operation? I've only had a legit game once, all the other times had like 2 people in it.

Are you playing on wiiU? :p

ive had no problems with the quickmatch so far. might depend on your location. Im eastern canada.

So I’m playing on Fao and it’s a pretty close game. My squad has been at E and F for around five minutes and it hasn’t even been contested. So I was like hmm must be a hard flag to take, let me spawn on them and help. Four fucking scouts…they are all just up in a tower doing jack shit. I quit that squad real fast and went to one that was actually playing the objectives. We won like 1000-992, so it was real close. No thanks to squad dumb shit sniping.

JDB

Banned
Am I missing something or can you not unlock the health crate thingy on the Battlefield website?

50c34e8cbcbffd6e70dd04c26a4aeb31.png

FX-GMC

Customize. You can change the target crosshair, zoom, weapon skin, etc.

The poster was asking about the zoom level on the minimap.

I've seen some BF1 streamers change the zoom level of the minimap so that it shows more of the map. I think the default PC key is N.

Is there any way to do this on PS4?

I do not believe this is available in the console version. You should be able to change the default zoom of the minimap in the Options > Gameplay menu tho.

SpaceHorror

Anyone have any luck picking this up from Gamestop early without paying for the Early Enlister edition? I know they are usually pretty strict with street dates but a friend told me our local Gamestop just has a bunch of copies on display for sale with no mention of early enlister.

Seriously, snipers are the biggest jerks. They play the game like TDM and they simply dont care. I guess making kills count towards the score at least forces them to contribute, but it really sucks that they dont fuck off and play something like TDM. Especially since most of them suck a lot.

Sniping also just feels a lot easier in this game, and it feels as if this would attract a lot more snipers. That said, I wish DICE didnt make the boneheaded decision to make sniping so appealing:

-Tripwire should have stayed with Support. Snipers dont deserve them and they will encourage protecting their high camp spots with these. On the other hand, this is potentially helpful for scouts who play CQC. This is how I plan to use it, but I sadly see it being wasted on snipers who will hide in an area to protect their back

-The trench shield also seems like it would have been useful for LMGs to lay down suppression fire. It doesnt seem too useful for snipers, but just the idea of it encourages long range sniping.

-The other gadgets seem useful, but how useful are they really? K Bullets seem awesome, but are flares viable at the long ranges snipers use?

And did the spotting scope get tweaked? It seemed rather useless too. I think it'd be great if it could spot enemies for a longer time than usual (2D Spotting). This could earn Scout classes a lot of assist points while helping the team. I dont know why Id bother using the spotting scope when I could just be shooting at enemies.

I have no issue with Scout classes that contribute to the team in some sense. But flags still ultimately matter most, and they dont contribute to that much, unless we have scout players flaring flags and spotting for teammates. I doubt that happens often enough. It really sucks seeing a disproportionate number of snipers, and I have no idea how DICE could possibly address that.

Also, I really wish Smoke would get you points. Smoke should give you bonus points for any teammates you hide and remove any spotting, netting you more points. They seem like a good Sniper counter, but people rarely use it.

Seriously, snipers are the biggest jerks. They play the game like TDM and they simply dont care. I guess making kills count towards the score at least forces them to contribute, but it really sucks that they dont fuck off and play something like TDM. Especially since most of them suck a lot.

Sniping also just feels a lot easier in this game, and it feels as if this would attract a lot more snipers. That said, I wish DICE didnt make the boneheaded decision to make sniping so appealing:

-Tripwire should have stayed with Support. Snipers dont deserve them and they will encourage protecting their high camp spots with these. On the other hand, this is potentially helpful for scouts who play CQC. This is how I plan to use it, but I sadly see it being wasted on snipers who will hide in an area to protect their back

-The trench shield also seems like it would have been useful for LMGs to lay down suppression fire. It doesnt seem too useful for snipers, but just the idea of it encourages long range sniping.

-The other gadgets seem useful, but how useful are they really? K Bullets seem awesome, but are flares viable at the long ranges snipers use?

And did the spotting scope get tweaked? It seemed rather useless too. I think it'd be great if it could spot enemies for a longer time than usual (2D Spotting). This could earn Scout classes a lot of assist points while helping the team. I dont know why Id bother using the spotting scope when I could just be shooting at enemies.

I have no issue with Scout classes that contribute to the team in some sense. But flags still ultimately matter most, and they dont contribute to that much, unless we have scout players flaring flags and spotting for teammates. I doubt that happens often enough. It really sucks seeing a disproportionate number of snipers, and I have no idea how DICE could possibly address that.

Also, I really wish Smoke would get you points. Smoke should give you bonus points for any teammates you hide and remove any spotting, netting you more points. They seem like a good Sniper counter, but people rarely use it.

Seriously, all the scout players are like a disease. While I was on respawn, I decided to count all the scouts on my team. 14 players out of 32 are fucking scouts, just lol.

Seriously, all the scout players are like a disease. While I was on respawn, I decided to count all the scouts on my team. 14 players out of 32 are fucking scouts, just lol.

Honestly, a hard cap sounds more and more appealing. There is just nothing else that can be done.

Top Bottom