• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tovarisc

Audio mix is so flawed. I can hear horse from 30m away, but I can't hear enemy bayonet rushing me from 5m away. What is this?

Edit: Also horse jumping OVER you is same as getting trampled by horse? DICE logic is strong

Ferny

I feel like an idiot but is there a way to quit matches after a match has ended? It shows me the results of the match, but I can't find anyway to quit out. If I want to quit I have to wait until the next match starts.
I believe you have to wait till the next match loads to quit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Audio mix is so flawed. I can hear horse from 30m away, but I can't hear enemy bayonet rushing me from 5m away. What is this?

Edit: Also horse jumping OVER you is same as getting trampled by horse? DICE logic is strong

Bayonet is the most annoying thing in this game.

Cheap ass run around corner insta gib.

I even spawned in the based and as soon as camera zoomed down I got stabbed by a running dicklet.

Ozorov

Yeah seems to be some bugs with the audio from time to time

The Beard

That's how BF4 was also. I couldn't hear a goddamn tank coming that just roadkilled me, but I can hear someone running 20m away. Couldn't hear some helicopters that were right next to me either, and those things are loud as fuck.

Tovarisc

Medics can't throw healing around even if their life depended on it. Most useless kit in whole game if you aren't playing it. Then because self-healing takes now forever to kick in and is extremely slow getting hit 1-2 times is death sentence.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Medics can't throw healing around even if their life depended on it. Most useless kit in whole game if you aren't playing it. Then because self-healing takes now forever to kick in and is extremely slow getting hit 1-2 times is death sentence.

Not all medics :)

Just did a Operation and went 40-7 top score and crazy healing and well over 20 revives.

Few K points more than 2nd place easily by just following a squad around and picking off stranglers.

I've never played a battlefield game before and I'm not that big into FPS games. But this looks awesome. I just ordered my copy and should be playing soon!

Ozorov

I've never played a battlefield game before and I'm not that big into FPS games. But this looks awesome. I just ordered my copy and should be playing soon!

Prepare to die a lot in the beginning and feeling very lost :D. My first BF was BF4 and holy cow in the beginning, I sucked big time.

I still don't understand why we can't just change loadouts in the menus. DICE will never cease to amaze me with their incompetent UI design.

This keeps getting brought up on here.

DICE answered this question on Reddit a day ago.

J4XpN7f.png

So we can all put that one to bed now :)

Aters

You will get rekt the first few hours for sure. Be prepared. BF4 was my first FPS and my first twenty hours were absolutely brutal.

For those who have the game, you can unlock it now using VPN.

Download SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plugin
http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx

Install the client
Add a VPN connection
Click VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers
Click accept etc.
Double Click 'Australia'

Boot up your game once, disconnect from VPN and uninstall it.

Done.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So is Operations mode generally disliked? I can't find a match, but everything else I can.

Operations is really cool, however I'm not sure if there's a matchmaking issue or what, as I could not even find a match, one hour later after some other game modes I got instantly in to a pre-game lobby that filled up rather quick.

So god knows.

I just traded in Overwatch at Best Buy for $43.20 after their 50% trade in promo and the GCU 10% bonus. I then pre-ordered this game with my credit, having to pay just $8.15, and I'll be getting $10 in reward certificates since I pre-ordered. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about how that transaction played out.

Archpath1

As a medic i like carrying smokes, throw one out gives you some time to heal or revive in the smoke. The revive icon is still visible makes it super useful.
Still trying to find the rifle that suits me though

Using sweeper dont know how i feel, others reck me with it.

Pastry

Banned
As a medic i like carrying smokes, throw one out gives you some time to heal or revive in the smoke. The revive icon is still visible makes it super useful.

Sweeper is great, really reminds me of a BF4 DMR.

N° 2048

My man, another smoker medic :)

Ozorov

Is sweeper the automatic one? Haven't bought that yet. But people here say Moondragon is the go-to weapon. Dunno which version of it though :D

Tecnniqe

Banned

Moondragoooon all day

The Beard

I really wish they'd bring back the ticket bleed system. Blowouts are worse than ever. You can have majority flag control and destroy the other team kill-wise, but your points are essentially going up at the same pace. It's impossible to make a big comeback late in the game.

Greenymac

Strangely, I am more accurate with the Mondragón that does not have a scope, but just the iron sights. You would think it would be the other way around.

I feel the same way, but I traditionally prefer iron sights in most games. Also, I believe the storm variant with the iron sights has reduced recoil...

Tovarisc

I really wish they'd bring back the ticket bleed system. Blowouts are worse than ever. You can have majority flag control and destroy the other team kill-wise, but your points are essentially going up at the same pace. It's impossible to make a big comeback late in the game.

People were crying bloody murder because their KDR farm didn't impact tickets so now it impacts tickets on top of flags generating tickets in steady space. You don't even need hold majority of flags for majority of match, just KDR farm more than another team yours will win. Gotten few wins like that already, we just out-killed opponent.

CQ system in alpha and beta was a lot more balanced and allowed some good comebacks.

The Beard

People were crying bloody murder because their KDR farm didn't impact tickets so now it impacts tickets on top of flags generating tickets in steady space. You don't even need hold majority of flags for majority of match, just KDR farm more than another team yours will win. Gotten few wins like that already, we just out-killed opponent.

CQ system in alpha and beta was a lot more balanced and allowed some good comebacks.

Wait, so kills count now? 1 kill = 1 point?

Tovarisc

Top Bottom