• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

ValfarHL

How does the game play on PS4?

I mainly play first person games on my computer (i5 2500k@4.4Ghz, GTX 970), but because of current living arrangements my man cave is used for storage.

Are there noticiable drops below 30 frames per second?

The game costs 73USD for me on Norwegian PSN.. Betting I can get it for almost half on PC..

Oh, and I'm getting a PS4 pro at launch.

Edit: is cheating a big problem for BF4 on PC?

CaptainColada

Neo Member
Got the game for PS4. Usually get most mp games on Xbox so I have almost nobody to play with. Please add if you'd like: CaptainColada

Just a side note I'm very laid back with games so please don't add if you think I'll lead the team to victory lol. Most competitive games I tend to fall in the middle overall.

Ozorov

I mainly play first person games on my computer (i5 2500k@4.4Ghz, GTX 970), but because of current living arrangements my man cave is used for storage.

The game costs 73USD for me on Norwegian PSN.. Betting I can get it for almost half on PC..

I think it runs fine. Not perfect but

meanspartan

Quick question - I bought early enlister, asking for a friend:

If you preordered this on PSN digital (standard edition), what time can you start playing tonight on the west coast? Do you have to wait til midnight, or can you play at 9pm? (Midnight eastern time)

void666

Banned

Conquest 64 is rough at times. Everything else is fine.

Pakoe

In the 200 hours or so that i've played BF4 on PC, i've never really seen a hacker.
I've seen tons of in-game server messages stating that a certain individual was banned for trying to access the server while being known as a hacker though.

I only encounter 1 cheater in bf1 last week. Everyone appeared to have reported him in the game.

Not all Scouts are jerks ;-)
I played Scout 75% of the time in BF1, but I like to be on the move and play the objective.
And spotting flare is very useful in this playstyle.
But the most important reason I play Scout most of the time is the SMLE. Love that gun

TheRed

I've never touched scout class in beta or in the full game because there's always too many on the team and no one willing to take out tanks or reviving. People suck. Maybe one day I can give support a try without feeling something else would be much more valuable.

I've never touched scout class in beta or in the full game because there's always too many on the team and no one willing to take out tanks or reviving. People suck. Maybe one day I can give support a try without feeling something else would be much more valuable.

Support is super valuable. I like to play Medic or Support, but usually pick assault to try to take tanks out and it's super helpful when somebody actually throws me ammo. Those heavy tanks take a decent amount of shots.

Surfinn

Nearby Medic: 1m : The Videogame

Haven't had this issue yet, fortunately. Make sure you're squadding up with people who aren't brand new to the game (this takes a few minutes to figure out sometimes) and if it's happening, switch to another if possible.

I switch all the time based on what they're contributing to the team. You don't play right, I'm out. I sacrifice some K/D every single game to try and play the objectives.

Sometimes you can get REALLY unlucky though and land in a team with only players who are worried about K/D and don't play objectives or are so new they have no idea what's going on.

Tovarisc

Maps that make everyone leave server moment they load up
  • Sinai Desert
  • Ballroom Blitz
Also what bad drugs devs were doing when designing LMG's? Insane scatter guns throwing ammo everywhere, but on target. Something like BAR runs out of mag way, way before it can achieve anything looking accuracy.

Surfinn

• Sinai Desert
  • Ballroom Blitz
Also what bad drugs devs were doing when designing LMG's? Insane scatter guns throwing ammo everywhere, but on target. Something like BAR runs out of mag way, way before it can achieve anything looking accuracy.

Both of those maps are great. I've had some fantastic games with them.

AEREC

• Sinai Desert
  • Ballroom Blitz

I haven't left because of a map yet but in the future I will probably avoid Suez Canal...horrible horrible map.

Surfinn

People are already giving up on maps completely before the game is even officially released, lol.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and accept some losses and lower K/D in order to figure out what works and what doesn't. Coming from someone with a couple thousand hours in BF. I run into games where I'm #1 with a .5 ratio. Sucks but losing really helps you to figure out what DOESN'T work too (as a team).

I agree though in that some maps just end up being bad. But it's WAY too early to determine that.

AEREC

Conquest has some pretty bad drops but is mostly playable, except for St. Quentins Scar...that map has serious framerate issues in conquest.

RS4-

Anyone have their audio fuck up? Last game the music suddenly cut out and only thing you could hear was gunfire and voices. Unfortunately, the enemy gunfire sounded like static popping which was unpleasant lol.

Tovarisc

People are already giving up on maps completely before the game is even officially released, lol.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and accept some losses and lower K/D in order to figure out what works and what doesn't. Coming from someone with a couple thousand hours in BF. I run into games where I'm #1 with a .5 ratio. Sucks but losing really helps you to figure out what DOESN'T work too.

I agree though in that some maps just end up being bad. But it's WAY too early to determine that.

Sinai and Ballroom are shitty maps tho. Both are basically flat surface with CQB hotspot in middle. If you are outside of hotspot on foot you get utterly stomped by sniper tanks and bombers shooting from orbit. If you are in hotspot bring SMG or shotty or you are fucked.

#GoodMapDesign...Not

TheRed

BAR is good but I'm still doing best with the Lewis :3
Me too love the suppressive. The BAR is pretty good but I like big mags on my LMG playstyle.

I keep sticking with the BAR right now though because the gold skin and silver skin I got for it look great.

WillyFive

Sinai Desert is a great map. I don't see why dying as infantry in a place that is obviously stomping grounds for vehicles is a bad thing.

Any of the maps like Armoured Kill? Didnt feel Sinai was one of them, but I loveeed the size of Armoured Kill maps. The flag placements felt good on those maps.

Looking at some of these maps, they all seem so ...cluttered? Like you have the first base flag, then a neighbouring base flag, and then one or 2 flags in the middle where everyone dukes it out. Most of the time, those base flags are guaranteed or they see far less action.

Are there different designs from this? Maybe a map where 2 flags are isolated away from the middle, but still fun to take and sees action? I just want the game to be spread out properly

Pakoe

my_body_is_ready.png

Surfinn

Sinai and Ballroom are shitty maps tho. Both are basically flat surface with CQB hotspot in middle. If you are outside of hotspot on foot you get utterly stomped by sniper tanks and bombers shooting from orbit. If you are in hotspot bring SMG or shotty or you are fucked.

#GoodMapDesign...Not

That has SOME to do with being the nature of BF, though. Firestorm in BF3/4 was a fantastic map and it's also got a lot of open space between points.

Some of this is knowing not only how to spawn but WHEN. If your team is getting smashed though, sometimes you don't have much of a choice but to spawn out in the open.

But sometimes you need to wait. When a horse comes up, jump in and get to the other side of the map and cap a point so your teammates can jump in with you. Get into a vehicle, even if it's not a tank. Wait if nothing is available.. can't stress that enough. So many damn people just want to spawn and be able to survive or contribute. That's not always the case.

If you're finding yourself dying out in the open a lot, that's your own problem, not the map's.
Don't try to cap points on foot that are out in the open unless you're with a squad who know what they're doing (hiding in pits, behind hills).

Tovarisc

Destroyed airship when falling on C on Ballroom Blitz kills everyone inside, but doesn't harm building itself in anyway. Still debris of airship is placed into the building.

Looks so derpy.

TheRed

#GoodMapDesign...Not
Over time in the beta I learned how to navigate smartly without getting sniped much at all. Ended up loving the map. Ballroom is damn good too and I never snipe. To each their own. Only map I agree is Suez can be pretty bad in 64 conquest. But in Operations and smaller modes it seems alright so I still think it's okay.

I'm glad no maps are a complete grinder like metro and locker. I had thought it was inevitable in all battlefields now.

Surfinn

Over time in the beta I learned how to navigate smartly without getting sniped much at all. Ended up loving the map. Ballroom is damn good too and I never snipe. To each their own. Only map I agree is Suez can be pretty bad in 64 conquest. But in Operations and smaller modes it seems alright so I still think it's okay.

I almost never get sniped on foot. Make it over to C and get out into the houses. You can do a TON of work over there.

Anyone else picking up the normal edition from Best Buy? I got email today my copy was ready to pick up in store but I know it's officially out tomorrow. Wonder if I can grab it today ?

Tovarisc

I'm glad no maps are a complete grinder like metro and locker. I had thought it was inevitable in all battlefields now.

I almost never get sniped on foot. Make it over to C and get out into the houses. You can do a TON of work over there.

Tho I didn't talk about scouts at all. Most of scout players can't hit wall that is 5m in front of them so being sniped is hardly an issue in BF1.

Firebrand

Got the "physical" copy (a download code in a box) for PC here, looking to play Civ first though. Do I miss out on anything by not punching in the code before official release?

I got a legendary Cei-Rigotti yesterday out of my first battlepack while playing Medic class.

Is the first battlepack a guaranteed legendary or did I get really lucky?

Top Bottom