• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

xviper

i don't think i have ever played a Multiplayer game with such HORRIBLE maps as Battlefield 1, what happened ? BF games always had great maps

Anyone on PS4 getting long loads back to the main menu when hitting quit at the end of a match?

I waited and then it said it kicked me from the server for being idle.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone else finding this extremely hard? There is so much detail and chaos that it's so hard to stay alive.

Also the frame rate needs improving on PS4, really not helping matters

Yup, I watch some videos of popular YouTubers and the other teams look trash. On the LevelUp videos I saw him get quite a good amount of kills without being taken out. Me though I seem to get one or two kills then dead. I'm always checking my surrounds and it just seems the spawn system fucks me over alot.

leng jai

Anyone else finding this extremely hard? There is so much detail and chaos that it's so hard to stay alive.

That's always the case in the first two weeks or so in a Battlefield game. The main priority is learning the maps so you don't get shot in the back from 10 years away 24/7.

N° 2048

Yep, the old case of "wtf I've played every Battlefield in history, wtf is going on?"

Give it time :p

Floex

That's always the case in the first two weeks or so in a Battlefield game. The main priority is learning the maps so you don't get shot in the back from 10 years away 24/7.

Trouble is there doesn't seem to be any breathing space. Like the poster above you, you can go two kills and you're dead by the time you look around. Long time Battlefield player here so not a noobie or anything.

Right now, it all just seems abit...much.

leng jai

Trouble is there doesn't seem to be any breathing space. Like the poster above you, you can go two kills and you're dead by the time you look around. Long time Battlefield player here so not a noobie or anything.

Hanging with your squad would probably help that. Happens to me all the time to be honest, there always seems to be that one extra guy that kills you.

The aiming / sensitivity seems way wonky compared to beta (ps4) anyone else experiencing this!?
Are you just using defaults or something? Look at the settings, then look at advanced settings so you can set things like how strong the aiming speed is when at close range or aiming with a scope, etc.

N° 2048

The aiming / sensitivity seems way wonky compared to beta (ps4) anyone else experiencing this!?

YES. It's smooth but when I try finer aiming it fucking goes everywhere I don't want it go.

Like it gets super sensitive even though I'm at the default settings.

Going to try re check the settings like xenorevlis said.

Tovarisc

Ok let me rephrase. Show me a situation where deliberately not capturing a flag is a better solution than actually capping it, assuming the area is clear enough to try. The day where the former is more effective in the day conquest is dead.

Two ticket influencing things are;
  • Kills directly impact tickets by adding to them
  • More flags you hold more frequently ticket gets added to total
That said because kills directly impact tickets and depending on how good KDR farmers your team has you can get by e.g. having 2 out of 5 flags with 3rd cap going back and forth through the match. If you could counter kill affect by reviving, which you can't afaik, then you would aim hold 3 caps for majority of match.

That said capping point doesn't always make sense. Maybe it's in spot that your team can choke and by not capping it a lot enemies keep spawning there and can be contained to that area. Maybe cap is so out of the way that contesting it doesn't make much sense if overall match is going yours team way with clear margin. If team is unable to contain and kill then they need to contest and cap everything that is nailed down to the floor so they have even one cap.

I feel you man, in my 10h trial it's the same thing. I think they need to sort out spawns a bit better, but some of the maps DO feel a bit claustrophobic.

Maximus P

You'll find your calling eventually.

I was doing really shit when I first started playing, getting sniped and gunned down from all directions. I find playing a supporting role now much more rewarding, I normally follow a reasonably sized group hide around a corner or in the dirt throwing ammo pouches or heals to my buddies.

I finish most of my matches in the top 5 players this way.

Shady859

So I'm done with operations fuck the people who thought this was a good idea to play a crazy fun mode and then give the losers a blimp to just pound you from above. Some maps defend spots it's impossible to hold the points and protect an AA gunner. I'll play round 1 then back my happy ass out to a new game if I can't switch teams.

I haven't finished my 10 hour trial. Do you think when this game unlocks at midnight, I'll stop getting reminded how many hours I have left in my trial?

i don't think i have ever played a Multiplayer game with such HORRIBLE maps as Battlefield 1, what happened ? BF games always had great maps

What? The map lineup at launch is better than 3 and 4 imo, overall.

So the maps are bad? Seemed a lot of people's initial impression was super positive.
Not at all, imo. Been playing since BF1942 and I'm pleased with the maps overall, after being disappointed with BF3 and 4.

Naked Lunch

DICE completely lost the ability to make good maps. BF1's are pretty shitty especially the Suez map: 64 player Conquest with only 3 flags, 15 feet from each other, in a straight line. Seriously?

The "big" maps in BF1 really arent that big by old school PC Battlefield standards - they are actually tiny. DICE hasnt made anything like the scale of BF2's Highway Tampa or Road to Jalalabad. Even the remixed BF2 maps in BF4 were cut down and edited from the originals. Not every map has to be ginormous - but at least make a couple...

Their entire design philosophy these days is just to force you into constant action - little room to breathe. This creates total chaotic gameplay. While they werent ARMA, the old school PC Battlefields had a much greater emphasis on strategy and tactics - this has been dulled substantially ever since. Shitty map design is a main reason for this.

BF1 is fun in small spurts but as a hardcore BF fan since BF1942 - and someone who played BF nearly every day for over a decade (1942 thru Bf3) - I am not feeling the path this series has gone. Its actually gotten pretty stale. BF1 is better than BF4, i'll give it that, but thats about it. No where close to the classics.

I just want to say this is a huge improvement from BF4 launch. I am not seeing any game breaking glitches or that many hiccups. For such a good looking game and large numbers of players playing it day one, it is going smoothly.

I am still adjusting to the new controls and everything. But I'm having fun.

Whoa, is the Battlefield honeymoon already over? People were swooning over this during EA Access trial, now I'm seeing posts saying that the maps are horrible, the SP sucks and Operations is not a good mode. O_O

DICE completely lost the ability to make good maps. BF1's are pretty shitty especially the Suez map: 64 player Conquest with only 3 flags, 15 feet from each other, in a straight line. Seriously?

The "big" maps in BF1 really arent that big by old school PC Battlefield standards - they are actually tiny. DICE hasnt made anything like the scale of BF2's Highway Tampa or Road to Jalalabad. Even the remixed BF2 maps in BF4 were cut down and edited from the originals. Not every map has to be ginormous - but at least make a couple...

Their entire design philosophy these days is just to force you into constant action - little room to breathe. This creates total chaotic gameplay. While they werent ARMA, the old school PC Battlefields had a much greater emphasis on strategy and tactics - this has been dulled substantially ever since. Shitty map design is a main reason for this.

BF1 is fun in small spurts but as a hardcore BF fan since BF1942 - and someone who played BF nearly every day for over a decade (1942 thru Bf3) - I am not feeling the path this series has gone. Its actually gotten pretty stale.

Man, this dampens my enthusiasm. This is exactly what i dislike and I really want big maps with breathing room and spread out flags.

I worry about maps where you cap the home flags and most the action happens to gravitate towards the ill placed middle flags that act as the focus

deoee

Whoa, is the Battlefield honeymoon already over? People were swooning over this during EA Access trial, now I'm seeing posts saying that the maps are horrible, the SP sucks and Operations is not a good mode. O_O

All people who actually enjoy the game are playing and won't post here :)

The maps are brilliant, beatiful and very open which gives you enough room for flanking and strategy.

Maximus P

Ive mostly played operations and I have no problems with the maps, apart from the mountain map, fuck that map and its 90% sniper battles. Theyre huge maps, but the game mode funnels all the action into sections so the chaos is constant.

I'm yet to try out all the maps in conquest.

Top Bottom