• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

In my opinion there's one bad map, and that's Suez. Playable, but feels lazy. Amiens, Quentin, Empire's and Ballroom are enough to put this above the past 3 BF's imo.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So....I've tried playing the "Friends in High Places" campaign but..well I can barely move that plane. I crash into the mountain every time. I move my mouse around and that thing barley reacts, if at all. Is that a bug?

Edit: Apparently alt+tabbing and complaining about it on Gaf fixed the problem?

TheRed

Whoa, is the Battlefield honeymoon already over? People were swooning over this during EA Access trial, now I'm seeing posts saying that the maps are horrible, the SP sucks and Operations is not a good mode. O_O

Game is awesome. I'm gonna go play some more now.

Tovarisc

Whoa, is the Battlefield honeymoon already over? People were swooning over this during EA Access trial, now I'm seeing posts saying that the maps are horrible, the SP sucks and Operations is not a good mode. O_O

Hate / Love relationship has been name of the game for me since BC2. There is a lot things I would love see them doing better, there is a lot things I like in all BF games since BC2 and I have put too much hours into BF games. Same will happen with BF1.

Not in BF1. BF1 doesn't use original bleed model of tickets.

Well...which is it then.

Does reviving not matter to the score or does it matter?

As far as clustered maps go, I think it's such a dumb move to allow spawning on all squad members as it just adds to the chaos in a poor way. Yet a majority of the audience seems to love the constant focus on kills, kills, kills. I think it's what makes COD popular in the same way, as you are constantly thrown into action.

I dislike it so much and want a more thoughtful game. Meaning, Spawn leader only spawn, flag spawn, and all vehicles act as spawn points too. This would cut down on so much bullshit I think. Yet making spawns limited in that sense would likely not sit well with a lot of players, who are expecting an easier way to get into the thick of action

So I'm done with operations fuck the people who thought this was a good idea to play a crazy fun mode and then give the losers a blimp to just pound you from above. Some maps defend spots it's impossible to hold the points and protect an AA gunner. I'll play round 1 then back my happy ass out to a new game if I can't switch teams.

Eh... so you're one of those?

Risette

A Good Citizen
can I go into a walmart and pick this up at/after midnight?

I was gonna get digital but I have shitty at&t internet so it will take forever. Would've preloaded but I only became interested recently. also no not getting the expensive early version.

Your Amazon.ca order of "Battlefield 1 - PlayStation..." has shipped!

Might actually get it tomorrow! Don't fuck me over Canada Post...

Tovarisc

Well...which is it then.

Does reviving not matter to the score or does it matter?

afaik I know reviving has no meaning in BF1 when it comes to tickets. I haven't seen any commentary from devs on that and not sure how to easily test it during hectic game as ticket impact is delayed anyways.

Man I tell you. Out of the all the guns the MG 15 has been the most satisfying to use. Very similiar in feeling to an M60 in the past BF games.

TheRed

I'm late to the party. Should i get the 80 dollar game?

God no. Don't do it. I got with the Origin access 10% off and still wouldn't recommend it. The battlepacks and skins are really inconsequential and the only thing that was worth it was the 3 days I've been able to play 20+ hours of it. Now those 3 days are over just get the standard.

Nodnol

Am I the only was that likes Suez? It's completely different to most maps, can be an absolute clusterfuck, but then so were Meteo and Locker and they were fun in their own right.

The thing I like about Suez is the entire map can be pretty much flattened. Come the end of the game, it's an absolutely battered war torn map.

I have over a day of playtime now and I still love it. The maps are good (besides Suez, it's the only one I don't care for). The campaign is whatever for me, I don't buy BF for the sp. It's ok, but if you are only buying BF 1 for the campaign definitely wait for the price drop. I've only done a few Operations, it's good. However, I don't like sitting through all the loading and the games are much longer. So I just stick with Conquest for the most part, the games there are around 25 minutes.

afaik I know reviving has no meaning in BF1 when it comes to tickets. I haven't seen any commentary from devs on that and not sure how to easily test it during hectic game as ticket impact is delayed anyways.

That's awful! So what's the point of the CQ change if only to satisfy people who want to ruin the CQ mode by farming kills?

I haven't played Suez since the EA Access trial. I'm still trying to determine my favorite maps...St. Quentin Scar, Amiens, Ballroom Blitz, and even though many here don't seem to like it, Sinai Desert. The jury is still out for me in regards to maps like Argonne Forest, Monte Grappa, and the others. Which is probably a good sign. Overall they did a pretty damn good job with this initial run of launch maps.

TheRed

Sadly screens got compressed when I took them but still this level of detail in a multiplayer game is so amazing.

30371545171_68913da7c6_o.jpg

29825641243_aa587a3bc2_o.png

Oynox

Played this first chapter of the campaign, god that was absolutely great. Not as good as Spec Ops The Line in regard to a critic point of view, but still, better than any military shooter since years. Thought I wished the whole story was built like the prologue level like you loose one man every time you die. That would really emphasize this sad replaceability of the soldier...

I am really bad and putting my thoughts into words so this will likely come across as a big mess.

Although Battlelog had it's flaws I actually really miss it. I find the in-game UI to be pretty terrible and it's possible that I am just missing some of this but Battlefield 1 seems to be missing many features that I loved in BF3/4 and this may be purely to keep the in-game UI simple.

Few things off the top of my head;
  • Medals or the tracking of medals/ribbons - I loved being able to go to the medals/ribbons page and see what I was close to finishing. I know the game isnt all about XP but it was nice even when you lost to see that you finished 4 medals/ribbons for a nice boost. Speaking of, does this game even have this system or has the weekly stuff completely replaced it?
  • Loadouts - I know they've said this is coming but will mention it anyway.
  • Stats - The stats given in the client are so poor. In Battlelog I could see Kills, Accuracy, Time etc with every weapon, class, gadget, vehicle you name it. Now we get barely anything, time played and K/D. Again, maybe I am just missing it somewhere?
  • Not something that's missing but the way they allow you to track weekly medals in this game is horrible.

I love the game, level 27 so far but I feel it would be alot better with Battlelog back.

DryvBy

I'm playing on Xbox One and is anyone else running into stuttering issues constantly? It feels incredibly choppy.

Coffinhal

Didn't have the time to play a lot but it looks really good. 60fps with DX12, everything on ultra 3440x1440 with i76700/1070/16GB. The dynamic lighting is top notch and is responsible for 80% of how good it looks.

I play with a controller on PC, I haven't played a competitive FPS for years, but I was able to win some 1v1 and stay close to the top of the scoreboards for half a game or even a full game. This is challenging at the beginning but I don't have the dissvandage I feared I'd have.

I need to play more (I still have 7h hours of the Origin Access) but I will certainly buy it, even if it's really really time consuming (at least 1h per session, 2h is perfect, 3h is great too)

KaYotiX

Banned
Operation yes, stupid idea for round 2 & 3. You lost here's a OP super vehicle that your entire teams just accepts will be there all round. I'll flip every time until it's nerfed. I love the push pull of round 1 when it's fair though.

Wierd thing is, thats ive never won as attacking only defending LOL.

We can usually kill the airship pretty fast if you get 3 attack planes and some AA

So I played with my best friend on PS4, almost won an operation match. We just had the final objective but last at the last second. Overall spent ~ 2 hours. As soon as I get off, other best friend on PC sends me an invite to play with him and 3 other people I know. There goes another ~ 2 hours..
good thing is game is addicting for me :p

DryvBy

My brother just swooped down in a bomber and picked me up from the ground. This is levels of BF1942 ridiculousness. Love it!

[*]Stats - The stats given in the client are so poor. In Battlelog I could see Kills, Accuracy, Time etc with every weapon, class, gadget, vehicle you name it. Now we get barely anything, time played and K/D. Again, maybe I am just missing it somewhere?
[/LIST]

I love the game, level 27 so far but I feel it would be alot better with Battlelog back.
You can see all that stuff in the webcompanion. Battlefield.com/companion, I think.

I really don't think there's a better grenade in this game than the gas grenade.

Not great for killing, but awesome for bullying. If people were used to it, they could just put the gas mask on, but they don't. They all scurry away in panic. That is how I get kills with the gas grenade anyway.

Top Bottom