• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Rur0ni

gQXxK3g.jpg

iE5oRf1.jpg

Bumping this: Any explanation for this weird texture artifact business on distant textures? They end up being washed out or otherwise weird looking, and I have everything turned up to ultra settings on a 1080. :\

Side note. Using G-Sync in borderless window mode results in super low fps (20ish). Fixed by disabling fast boot in Windows 10 power settings. o_O

sTiTcH AU

Got 4/5 of this weeks medals so far, not sure if I will bother with the war pigeons medal as there seems to be 0 players for it in my region.

I still really hate the medal system though, the get 5 kills in 1 life with the revolver made me want to pull my hair out. On the other hand, the pilot medal actually helped me get quite decent with the planes so thats something I guess.

Bumping this: Any explanation for this weird texture artifact business on distant textures? They end up being washed out or otherwise weird looking, and I have everything turned up to ultra settings on a 1080. :\

Side note. Using G-Sync in borderless window mode results in super low fps (20ish). Fixed by disabling fast boot in Windows 10 power settings. o_O

I don't have this problem and I have less capable system than you. I have my stuff at ultra as well... however, I'm not running in borderless window

Jharp

Just posting this here to help everyone get as pumped as I am. It's a badass music video for a badass song called Cliffs of Gallipoli based on the Battle of Gallipoli, which is also depicted in the campaign of this game. Also, Sabaton has quite a few WW1 songs. Get pumped, Battlegaf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOCe2Y7iVF8

There is no enemy
There is no victory
Only boys who lost their lives in the sand
Young men were sacrificed
Their names are carved in stone and kept alive
And forever we will honour the memory of them
And they knew they would die

EDIT
Also:
Sabaton - The Price of a Mile (Battle of Passchendaele): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV-Gi8aKoBw
Sabaton - The Lost Battalion (Meuse-Argonne Offensive): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTgkTEDDog
Iron Maiden - Paschendale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3UPfzGeN4

WW1 metal is best metal.

Really sorry to ask this in case it's been discussed before (I just don't want to go through 60 pages of this thread), but how does the xbone version stack up to the ps4?

Tubie

Not really, unless he is an Assault trapped in the body of a Support.

In other news, played all day, got 0 battlepacks. Guess that means EA will definitely be selling them pretty soon.

It's infuriating, even if you do well I don't think it makes a difference.

It's a 100% random system, which is bullshit.

They should've done it the same way BF4 awarded them, just maybe reduce the amount by like 75% and that would still be a much better system.

Tovarisc

I get killed more by melee than guns. Feels like I'm playing CoD again.

Edit: OK I'm exaggerating but it is very often.

It's what happens when two slashed from dinky knife deals more damage and faster than 10 rounds from LMG.

Not really, unless he is an Assault trapped in the body of a Support.

I take being able to kill my targets and actually help my teammates over peppering 150 bullet belt to walls and either deal next to no damage or even hitting anything, because "balance". Whole idea of having LMG's as insane scatter guns that get more accurate longer they are fired is batshit crazy when SMG's are borderline lasers, DMR's and bolties are just that.

Edit: Faster and more supports just embrace BAR better off they are

Foxxsoxx

It's what happens when two slashed from dinky knife deals more damage and faster than 10 rounds from LMG.

I take being able to kill my targets and actually help my teammates over peppering 150 bullet belt to walls and either deal next to no damage or even hitting anything, because "balance". Whole idea of having LMG's as insane scatter guns that get more accurate longer they are fired is batshit crazy when SMG's are borderline lasers, DMR's and bolties are just that.

Edit: Faster and more supports just embrace BAR better off they are

The 100 round LMG is really good if you go prone, set up the bipod, or prefire when you know enemies are near, but yeah they're pretty niche but can definitely be effective.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Noticed my PC physical version order from Amazon said delivery on MONDAY!?! Amazon Prime release date delivery fail right there. Talked to support though and they gave me $15 refund on ordering the digital version to bring the price in line with the Prime discount I was supposed to have, so even better I'll be good to go in 45 minutes instead of having to wait till tomorrow while also not having a pre-load. All in all, a big win.

Whole idea of having LMG's as insane scatter guns that get more accurate longer they are fired is batshit crazy when SMG's are borderline lasers, DMR's and bolties are just that.
Yup. That mechanic, plus the overheating mechanic that cause the LMG's to stop firing after 35 straight shots really makes the support class kind of suck. Additionally, removing the tripwire mines from support was a bad idea too. I think they make more sense being in the support class.

BioHazard

lol wtf is with the weekly challenges? You can't do multiple things simultaneously under one medal? Playing a round and winning a round can;t be done in one round? So dumb

Machina

Banned
It's infuriating, even if you do well I don't think it makes a difference.

It's a 100% random system, which is bullshit.

They should've done it the same way BF4 awarded them, just maybe reduce the amount by like 75% and that would still be a much better system.

I got 2 in consecutive games last night after a long drought. It is completely and utterly random

Tovarisc

A review of the level 10 weapons. Pretty much assault and scout are good. Medic and support are trash. I'm working on assault right now (level 8), so it's nice to know my gun won't be bad.

I can't wrap my head around that SMG. What were devs thinking when they balanced that thing? It's M16A3 from BF3 pre-nerf, laser rifle with mind boggling range. Weapon like that has absolutely no business in BF1. SMG my ass, that is full out AR.

Yup. That mechanic, plus the overheating mechanic that cause the LMG's to stop firing after 35 straight shots really makes the support class kind of suck. Additionally, removing the tripwire mines from support was a bad idea too. I think they make more sense being in the support class.

Use M1909 Benet-Mercie until you can unlock BAR's and you are golden as support. Trying to play with actual 100+ bullet belt LMG's is just bananas crazy, you are such underdog it aint even funny.

Xyber

I don't know what changed since the beta, but most vehicles and stationary weapons are almost always unusable for me now.

Sometimes I can't steer my plane at all. When I sit in the gunner seat my weapon movement can update at like 2fps and the weapon also shoots extremely slow. Everything esle runs at normal speed.

Now in singleplayer I am getting this which makes it almost impossible to aim it fast enough.
https://my.mixtape.moe/eznzuw.webm

They can take their time delivering keys sometimes but I've shopped with them numerous times and they have yet to fail

I have bought a few keys from them and always get them within seconds. Same with BF that I bought earlier today.

aka_bueno

They can take their time delivering keys sometimes but I've shopped with them numerous times and they have yet to fail

Dang ok, looks like its probably best to buy it for $60 from Origin if I want to continue playing when the game launches officially in 35 mins lol. Thanks!

Tovarisc

There is nowhere near the crazy unlocks bf4 had (which is great) so expecting battlepacks frequently isnt reasonable

But they have put at least 2 unique melee weapons behind them. To get them you need get 5 weapon specific puzzle pieces each. Getting puzzle piece from normal pack is very, very rare. You are more likely to get piece from higher tier packs, but those cost quite a bit scrap. You need get packs so you can get skins that you can break down for different amounts of scrap so you can purchase higher tier packs.

I really need to test this, but I imagine that if you want grind packs you need play small and fast gamemodes like TDM or DOM.

I need to find a weapon for the medic, i'm having a hard time with the default one :-/
My favourite Medic weapon in the Beta by far was the M1907 SL Automatic; just make sure you don't fire it in full auto, instead just fire it like a semi-auto by tap firing. It's the one I'm using in this clip. It's brilliant. You can see that my aim is awful, but I still do very well with it.

I can't wrap my head around that SMG. What were devs thinking when they balanced that thing? It's M16A3 from BF3 pre-nerf, laser rifle with mind boggling range. Weapon like that has absolutely no business in BF1. SMG my ass, that is full out AR.

Use M1909 Benet-Mercie until you can unlock BAR's and you are golden as support. Trying to play with actual 100+ bullet belt LMG's is just bananas crazy, you are such underdog it aint even funny.
Yeah, I understand. I maxed out the support class the other day. I'm one of the few who doesn't like the BAR. The Benet-Mercie is probably my favorite support weapon, but the mechanics and class in general are not to my liking. Even though LMG's and more supportive/defensive roles are what I often like to take in FPS games, at least some of them.
The removal of the tripwire bombs and the new gun mechanics for the support weapons just make the class too weak in my opinion.

RS4-

lol wtf is with the weekly challenges? You can't do multiple things simultaneously under one medal? Playing a round and winning a round can;t be done in one round? So dumb

It's shit.

I can confirm though, if you finish the first objective in a medal, you can also progress in the second one in the same game.

Still doesn't help that you have to do these things in order, which better be patched in.

Anyone purchased the game at CDkeys for $45, is this place legit and how fast do they deliver the key?

I purchased my key from them a couple hours ago, it's instant delivery. Just check your email and in it there should be a line that says "Download (link)". Click the word "link" and it takes you to the site where you can get the code.

How long after buying?

Bought from there for a friend yesterday morning at 6am after work, it was sent to my email at 11am. Not like I was expecting it at 6am and the game was set to come out in the 21st, but yea. They delivered relatively early in the day and before launch.

Xyber

How long after buying?

Right now they are sending the keys right away, they started sending them early this (yesterday now in fact :p) morning European time I believe.

My friend bought one about 9 hours ago and he also got it within a few minutes.

Top Bottom