• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Incendiary grenade. Everything what gas does, but better in every way.

You can thank me later

To me it feels like it's area of effect is smaller and doesn't last as much. It's still my grenade of choice though, but I've had a lot of fun with the gas grenades.

Am I the only was that likes Suez? It's completely different to most maps, can be an absolute clusterfuck, but then so were Meteo and Locker and they were fun in their own right.

The thing I like about Suez is the entire map can be pretty much flattened. Come the end of the game, it's an absolutely battered war torn map.

I like it a lot, had a blast on it since the beta. I like that it's so open. The main issue is that it's very difficult to defend if squad are not correctly leaded, so it usually end being chaotic.

Rur0ni

gQXxK3g.jpg

iE5oRf1.jpg

What's the explanation for this weird texture artifact business on distant textures? They end up being washed out or otherwise weird looking, and I have everything turned up to ultra settings on a 1080. :\

Tovarisc

To me it feels like it's area of effect is smaller and doesn't last as much. It's still my grenade of choice though, but I've had a lot of fun with the gas grenades.

Incendiary grenade is good for smoking rats out of their holes while deals quite a bit damage. Excellent for area denial. When rats are running it's easier to see them because they are living torches at that point.

Gas grenade lasts forever, ignores physical boundaries like walls or floors and has insanely huge radius. I press T, wait for thrower to come looking and buzz his head off with BAR.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Got my preorder ready for tomorrow because GS is fucking with me.
In the beta I used them as make shift smoke grenades.

Am I the only was that likes Suez? It's completely different to most maps, can be an absolute clusterfuck, but then so were Meteo and Locker and they were fun in their own right.

The thing I like about Suez is the entire map can be pretty much flattened. Come the end of the game, it's an absolutely battered war torn map.

I like Suez as well.

Must be a long car ride home, there are still 3 hours until midnight here in east coast land.

He said he just got his copy from BB. That means he can play as soon as he gets home. Its not like they turn on some kind of special servers for people that get it at midnight. If you have the game, you can play right now. If he got the digital version your post would be correct. He would have to wait until Sony unlocked it.

image.php

Suez is HEAVILY dependent on the team.

If no one flanks and your team just meatgrinds at the dunes it's very boring to play.

haha true. I mean there are times when I do enjoy the mindless meatgrind as well. I tend to just focus on certain areas for a decent amount of time. Till someone mention we should flank behind and cap another flag. :p

Incendiary grenade is good for smoking rats out of their holes while deals quite a bit damage. Excellent for area denial. When rats are running it's easier to see them because they are living torches at that point.

Gas grenade lasts forever, ignores physical boundaries like walls or floors and has insanely huge radius. I press T, wait for thrower to come looking and buzz his head off with BAR.

Gas grenades are also better to push if you've got squadmates, sure, you are quick to press T and get ready to kill someone coming in looking for kills, but a lot of people still panic a bit, and even then, if you are quick, the slight damage at the beginning and the time to get the mask on is significant when you and a squadmate, for example, are quick to push. Incendiary grenades won't allow you to pull something like that as you'll get burned so you create a space where enemies can escape but you can't pursue (if they are not just barricated inside 4 walls with one exit). They both have their use, I wouldn't say one is better than the other, because I clearly feel like that isn't the case. The incendiary is just more my style and I love the human torches it creates.

Got my preorder ready for tomorrow because GS is fucking with me.

In the beta I used them as make shift smoke grenades.
Yea, I kinda use them like that as well, but smoke grenades in BF1 are insane, you literally can't see a goddamn thing in the middle of one.

Incendiary grenade. Everything what gas does, but better in every way.

You can thank me later
To be fair, I haven't tried it. I was probably a bit premature in my statement. Do you get two of them? I'll give them a try later.

Not great for killing, but awesome for bullying. If people were used to it, they could just put the gas mask on, but they don't. They all scurry away in panic. That is how I get kills with the gas grenade anyway.

Yes. And for area denial. Escaping and using gas grenades behind you works fantastically too.

Plus, it can force people into having to put on their gas mask and hip fire with me, which is often to my advantage if I'm using say, a shotgun or the Automatico. It's amazing for clearing buildings in combination with guns like that.

*Splinter

To be fair, I haven't tried it. I was probably a bit premature in my statement. Do you get two of them? I'll give them a try later.

Yes. And for area denial. Escaping and using gas grenades behind you works fantastically too.

Plus, it can force people into having to put on their gas mask and hip fire with me, which is often to my advantage if I'm using say, a shotgun or the Automatico. It's amazing for clearing buildings in combination with guns like that.
As a medic: fuck gas grenades ;_;

Hip fire does you no good with single shot weapons

Cool, didn't know about that.

Now we have in-game stuff and a new battle log lol. Dunno why they changed it.
I think stuff like that is ok to have in a website but a server browser is not. I prefer it like this. If I want to check my detailed stats I'll just open the website, but most of the time I just want to play, so I much prefer an in-game server browser.

For those of you who have put some time into the shotguns, which ones do you like and why? I've only used the Hellfighter trench gun thus far I think.

Tubie

I just had a rare and magical match where my squad was actually giving orders and following them and it had zero scouts in it.

We won easily and I got near 20k XP from that 1 match and was top of the chart with only 14 kills thanks to the squad order bonuses and being #1 in flags attacked in the game.

I will never understand why people like or have fun camping from the middle of nowhere just to get a few kills but a very low score.

Tovarisc

Gas grenades are also better to push if you've got squadmates, sure, you are quick to press T and get ready to kill someone coming in looking for kills, but a lot of people still panic a bit, and even then, if you are quick, the slight damage at the beginning and the time to get the mask on is significant when you and a squadmate, for example, are quick to push. Incendiary grenades won't allow you to pull something like that as you'll get burned so you create a space where enemies can escape but you can't pursue (if they are not just barricated inside 4 walls with one exit). They both have their use, I wouldn't say one is better than the other, because I clearly feel like that isn't the case. The incendiary is just more my style and I love the human torches it creates.

When you react accordingly to incoming gas aka press T moment huge flashing red gas canister pops to your screen and don't start running around you are set. You don't take damage because there is delay between grenade hitting the floor and first damage tick to happen. Because you don't panic and scramble around like headless chicken you can actually prepare to possible push. Also forming gas generates actually cloud that hinders visibility for all parties you can use it as some cover and get drop on push.

Surprisingly many shit their pants when gas come in, they panic and fail to mask up. I guess only alpha and beta veterans at this point react calmly to it.

You are right that chasing after if there is incendiary between you and target is bad idea, you will take quite a bit damage from own grenade. Using it as offensive tool isn't as easy as gas, far more situational for sure. Great for smoking out rats and creating some torches. Sounds quite brutal too when instead of getting out people let themselves to be roasted to death.

deoee

I just had a rare and magical match where my squad was actually giving orders and following them and it had zero scouts in it.

We won easily and I got near 20k XP from that 1 match and was top of the chart with only 14 kills thanks to the squad order bonuses and being #1 in flags attacked in the game.

I will never understand why people like or have fun camping from the middle of nowhere just to get a few kills but a very low score.

Scouts are important imo.

Flares are excellent for mortars, the rifles usually oneshot from the right range and the long range spotting can save your life :3

Yea, I don't get it as well. It's painful to me to try to unlock scout stuff (I like to unlock everything -.-) because of this, yea I get nice kills per death, but I just don't feel as useful as I should. Most of the time I just grab the Lawrence of Arabia sniper and get in the middle of the action. Harder to do good, but with the flare spot and the "combo" of sniper shot + quickly change to pistol and fire one shot, usually works pretty well. It's the only way I have fun with the scout class. Also, your teammates will love you for the flare spots.

wbEMX

Funny thing is that I get my best K/Ds and scores by playing the medic. Camping scouts are especially bullshit when you play Operations.

Can't decide between PC and Xbox
I went with the PC version because I need mouse control for Battlefield. I literally can't play this on consoles.

*Splinter

Scouts are important imo.

Flares are excellent for mortars, the rifles usually oneshot from the right range and the long range spotting can save your life :3
Scouts have their uses, to be fair. Just had a game of operations on Fao Fortress. More enemy snipers than I've ever seen before and yet we were completely destroyed.

deoee

Scouts have their uses, to be fair. Just had a game of operations on Fao Fortress. More enemy snipers than I've ever seen before and yet we were completely destroyed.
I'm not talking about the snipers - they are usually pretty useless.
You have to move into points as a scout but stay behind your squad a bit so you can flare and well... scout :D

Tubie

Yea, I don't get it as well. It's painful to me to try to unlock scout stuff (I like to unlock everything -.-) because of this, yea I get nice kills per death, but I just don't feel as useful as I should. Most of the time I just grab the Lawrence of Arabia sniper and get in the middle of the action. Harder to do good, but with the flare spot and the "combo" of sniper shot + quickly change to pistol and fire one shot, usually works pretty well. It's the only way I have fun with the scout class. Also, your teammates will love you for the flare spots.

Yea it's gonna suck whenever I get around to leveling the scout class to 10. I remember in BF4 most of my kills when I played as Recon came from the sidearm.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Got disconnected from a grueling Operations game with five seconds left before we won because my trial period went up. Dammit!

Top Bottom