• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

It's actually a plus that theres not much shit to unlock.
90% of the BF4 weapons were useless and with the high customization you could make any weapon a swiss army knife.

i agree.

battlefront was too simple, bf 4 was too much

for someone who isn't going to put more than 30 hours into this game, its just right for me.

And there is also way- way- WAAAY less skins than in Battlefield 4...

Between that and the small amount of guns (the variants add sights... woooo).

That's just overall one aspect I'm really disappointed in.

I believe, and I could be wrong, but I believe once the week is up(3 more days) there will be a new batch of skins in the battlepacks. There is a weekly rotation.

d4YQMDU.png

first battlepack, woo

yume_2501

Played yesterday for the first time, this game is out of the world, simply astonishing. It runs wonderfully on PS4 (played the prologue and Operations with 40 players). I ve readed that the game gives you a pack at the end of every match but i got nothing.Is it normal?

Caim

Played yesterday for the first time, this game is out of the world, simply astonishing. It runs wonderfully on PS4 (played the prologue and Operations with 40 players). I ve readed that the game gives you a pack at the end of every match but i got nothing.Is it normal?

It picks who gets Battlepacks randomly at the end of every match.

Kalentan

As to skins, it would seem a bit grotesque to have outlandish designs in a WW1 game, so less is more IMHO.

I mean they don't need to have bright colorful skins. But even still, it's weird how some guns literally have just 1 single camo and it's an extremely minor color change.

It just feels like they removed the universal camos just in hopes people further gamble when they introduce the ability to buy battlepacks with $$.

It's insane how much I'm enjoying this game. Came from work at 6AM, 2 hours later here I am... I should be sleeping. For some weird reason I also do really well after work even as sleepy as I am.

I gotta sleep now, for real. Let me go BF.

I played conquest for 4 hours, then 30mins of TDM then 20mins of Conquest

Got to say this has to be the worst TDM expierence I have played in modern gaming, COD on vita bad

Raide

The "Donk!" Noise that is produced when you headshot someone's helmet, is oddly satisfying. Managed to convert one of my SW loving friends into a BF1 fan.

Interested to see what changes they make and what content they add.

Nyx

The "Donk!" Noise that is produced when you headshot someone's helmet, is oddly satisfying. Managed to convert one of my SW loving friends into a BF1 fan.

Interested to see what changes they make and what content they add.

That's indeed a satisfying sound, only topped by the tank hunter rifle sound.

Omni

Man those menus are laggy as hell.

Having a blast so far though. Was playing conquest earlier and I was by myself in a tower. Like an entire squad charged at me and I managed to kill three before dying. It was just pure badass.

Is it me or does the default starting medic weapon seem like it's the best?

Kalentan

Fair enough, sorry. I just have a visceral reaction when I see GingerBreadMan running around my FPS, last thing I want is that in World War 1. Slippery slope and all that.

Well like I said in another post. It's not like I want skins like BF4/CoD, but there are some nice designs for some weapons and then other weapons have 1 single skin which changes like... the tint.

I want more than a slight tint change for my SMG. :(

Theorry

afaik I know reviving has no meaning in BF1 when it comes to tickets. I haven't seen any commentary from devs on that and not sure how to easily test it during hectic game as ticket impact is delayed anyways.

Yes it does. They changed that after the beta. Thats why now medic is more usefull.
Spawning now will cost a ticket like in old CQ.

Aters

Man those menus are laggy as hell.

Having a blast so far though. Was playing conquest earlier and I was by myself in a tower. Like an entire squad charged at me and I managed to kill three before dying. It was just pure badass.

Is it me or does the default starting medic weapon seem like it's the best?

I won't say it's the best but I certainly killed people left and right with it. I think most medic weapons are very good.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone having blue screen issues? Game runs like a dream for me, except I've had two hard crashes to a blue screen. Both times it was in Operations, dunno if that matters though.
I have not experienced that, no. But operations have some weird issue to it :3 Is it take same in both 40 and 64 player?

Theorry

Just wondering, I sae the War Tapes sound setting, is it similar to the Bad Company setting?

What setting is everyone else using?

Headphones. Wartapes is cool. But its not helping you much if you go for that. Also for headphones is to loud for me. Its cool probably if you go for the immersive stuff on your surround set.

Kaversmed

Loving the game on PS4!

Really hate that you have to hold down 'X' to spawn again, but that's just a minor annoyance, I will get used to it.

Also, no customization without being in a game is so stupid - yes, I know the app is there but still.

Theorry

Loving the game on PS4!

Really hate that you have to hold down 'X' to spawn again, but that's just a minor annoyance, I will get used to it.

Also, no customization without being in a game is so stupid - yes, I know the app is there but still.

Dont hold it. You will not spawn faster and it removes the ability for someone to revive you.

Kaversmed

Dont hold it. You will not spawn faster and it removes the ability for someone to revive you.

But it will go faster though.. If I hold X and go to the map overview I will be able to choose my spawn point and spawn exactly when that timer goes to zero. If I wait, the timer goes to zero and then I have to choose my spawn location taking maybe 2-3 seconds longer than the other "method". I know it's not much, but 2-3 seconds is a lot when you just want back in.. or am I misunderstanding something here? :)

The last bit about revive is true. Team mates are usually ass at reviving though.

CoLaN

Its fun to see the decisions that some players take in certain situations, you can see who really plays for the team and who steers away to preserve their precious k/d ratio

Theorry

But it will go faster though.. If I hold X and go to the map overview I will be able to choose my spawn point and spawn exactly when that timer goes to zero. If I wait, the timer goes to zero and then I have to choose my spawn location missing maybe 2-3 seconds. I know it's not much, but 2-3 seconds is a lot when you just want back in.. or am I misunderstanding something here? :)

Yes. But in the meantime you could still have been revived. As a medic its so annoying if you run to someone and you see the revive icon flashing because they are holding X and just when you arrive there they are gone. When medics are arround just let it run out.

forms

It's actually a plus that theres not much shit to unlock.
90% of the BF4 weapons were useless and with the high customization you could make any weapon a swiss army knife.

This is exactly what has me excited for BF1 - I loved BF42 and BF2. All those gimmicks? Try playing BF4 without thermals nowadays. Having the game focus on the game, with the meta game as an addon is just sooooo good. Now, if they start doing night hunter thermal goggles or some stupid fantasy guided missiles or other shit, then I am out. :D

Theorry

Lol consoles are close at peak.

PC: 56,848 (24h peak: 73,887)

XBOXONE: 59,287 (24h peak: 123,893)

PS4: 90,212 (24h peak: 122,859)

Total: 206,347

Top Bottom