• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

aka_bueno

I purchased my key from them a couple hours ago, it's instant delivery. Just check your email and in it there should be a line that says "Download (link)". Click the word "link" and it takes you to the site where you can get the code.

Bought from there for a friend yesterday morning at 6am after work, it was sent to my email at 11am. Not like I was expecting it at 6am and the game was set to come out in the 21st, but yea. They delivered relatively early in the day and before launch.

Right now they are sending the keys right away, they started sending them early this (yesterday now in fact :p) morning European time I believe.

My friend bought one about 9 hours ago and he also got it within a few minutes.

Thanks guys! Just bought it, and sure enough it was there within seconds of the purchase. Nice, saved $15 bucks!

Rur0ni

I don't have this problem and I have less capable system than you. I have my stuff at ultra as well... however, I'm not running in borderless window
Hmm thanks for confirming. No idea what's causing it, and it's a bit disappointing to get screwed up textures like that. Doesn't seem to matter if it's in borderless or not for what it's worth.

Xyber

I played one of the singleplayer mission on my 4K TV, just had to lower 3 settings to high to maintain a nice 60fps.

I don't game anything on that TV really, so seeing all that detail was so fucking good. When I went back to my 1080p monitor again, shit actually looked like I was running it at 720p or something. Everything was so much blurrier.

This really makes me want to take the step up to at least 1440p120Hz in the near future. 4K120Hz is still far off from being something achievable on a single GPU so that will have to wait. :p

aka_bueno

Did Nvidia already come out with game ready drivers for Battlefield 1?

One of the Nvidia guys on the Nvidia forums said (5 hours ago) they're just waiting for it to come back from WHQL and that they haven't missed a Game Ready date yet.

Dunno if that means soon tonight or sometime tomorrow.

aka_bueno

For everyone on PC, add your fellow GAF peeps! Quote the OT to reveal the google docs page, theres a discord channel in there too to join.

Lets play!

Disclaimer: I may or may not be pushing you guys on this cause I suck and need people to play with to carry me til I get gud.

For everyone on PC, add your fellow GAF peeps! Quote the OT to reveal the google docs page, theres a discord channel in there too to join.

Lets play!

Disclaimer: I may or may not be pushing you guys on this cause I suck and need people to play with to carry me til I get gud.

I'll be adding some folks on PC. I'm a casual BF player myself, but it's darn fun and hope to get better with others!

Aters

OK we did win a round of Operation as attacker. Lots of medic, everyone play the objective like crazy, and the enemy team don't know what they are doing

TheRed

Lets play!

I will start adding people, it should be fun. I just have no mic at the moment since mine just broke.

Ok guys, this is my first game on Origin and first time playing a Battlefield game (experience with CoD, Halo, Gears etc). Feel free to add me. XChainfireX

Guys, I have to get up for work in seven hours but my download has almost reached 'playable' and I am starting to convince myself to pull an all-nighter...nooooooo

K.Sabot

Anyone know if the non-early PS4 version has a day 1 patch? And if so how big? This will effect whether I get to play tonight.
wtzgU.gif

RoKKeR

Just had some weird hitching happen in a game on XB1. Wasn't happening during the EA Access trial... anybody else experience this? I restarted so we'll see if anything is different.

Kalentan

Playing Operations mode.

We won and then the enemy comes back with the Zeppelin and fully replenished forces?

How is that fucking fair?

Playing Operations defense with a mortar was so much fun. Just spamming mortars into walls of incoming enemies. Stupid, but fun and effective.

Redeemed 10 pack of battlepacks from Monster. Got my second doughboy skin...today. Feels dirty. Up to 840 scrap.

bounchfx

nothing like unskippable intros. I already hate this game. Shit didn't even start full screen wtf.

EDIT: game feels great. I cannot believe how much bullshit I have to go through before I can even play online though. Makes me not even want to bother. Ugh.

What's a decent 1080p gaming TV around 36" or so now-a-days? Just got the BF1 1TB bundle and looking forward to jumping in! LED I guess, to be as thin as possible for wall mounting. Thanks!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Playing Operations defense with a mortar was so much fun. Just spamming mortars into walls of incoming enemies. Stupid, but fun and effective.

Redeemed 10 pack of battlepacks from Monster. Got my second doughboy skin...today. Feels dirty. Up to 840 scrap.

What's the catch with the mortar? Seems really cheap and easy to use.

TheRed

Just tried the MG15 suppressive on Amiens, omg it's so good I got most flags defended. It was awesome with that 200 round magazine you can really hold down alleys and objectives. I always love using bipod with LMGs, it felt like being in a war movie. Definitely will be using this one more, at least on Amiens for sure.

Kalentan

It's way easier to defend. One single try across multiple maps would be impossible for the attacking side.

I never won as an attackers on operations. Of course I tend to play on 64 players. Could be different on 40 players servers.

Fair enough. Still seemed a bit crazy...

Anyway is the only way to get camos from battlepacks and... how does the system work? Is it completely random that I get one at the end of a match?

I've only gotten one battlepack outside the ones they give you for getting the early enlister edition.

Fair enough. Still seemed a bit crazy...

Anyway is the only way to get camos from battlepacks and... how does the system work? Is it completely random that I get one at the end of a match?

I've only gotten one battlepack outside the ones they give you for getting the early enlister edition.

I think Operations def need some balance patches. Great game mode tho.

Yeah battlepacks are RNG drops at the end of matches. Scrap the skin if you dont want it and use the scraps to buy a battlepack. Its all cosmetic skins.

Triteon

I dont know if anyone cares but the physical pc version comes multi dvds. My own personal crisis averted.

I was worried about this as apparently catalyst just had a code and that was an ea dice joint.

Anyone having blue screen issues? Game runs like a dream for me, except I've had two hard crashes to a blue screen. Both times it was in Operations, dunno if that matters though.

Kalentan

Yeah battlepacks are RNG drops at the end of matches. Scrap the skin if you dont want it and use the scraps to buy a battlepack. Its all cosmetic skins.

And there is also way- way- WAAAY less skins than in Battlefield 4...

Between that and the small amount of guns (the variants add sights... woooo).

That's just overall one aspect I'm really disappointed in.

I really don’t mind the small amount of weapons. More of those will be added with the DLC. What I’m disappointed by is the lack of accessories. Where are the silencers, extended mags, compensators, stocks, sights, and etc? I understand its WW1 so they probably didn’t want to go too crazy with it. However, accessories make up for the amount of weapons, since you can customize it to your playstyle. Two people might being using the same weapon, however they can be very different depending on the accessories.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
If anything they could scrap all the loot box shit and do zero customization. Screw all that shit. If endless piles of garbage spewing out onto your screen are your thing, you might like the new COD though...

Anyway played a couple of rounds of this. Holy shit does it look glorious. And the match I had on the forest map was awesome. The gas mask mechanic is pretty cool, where originally I thought it was going to be kind of pointless. I'm really impressed so far, maybe I'll dig in a bit more on the single player tomorrow.

TheRed

I like the lower amount of weapons and attachments. Screw all that, that's what turns me off modern shooters. It gives the game a nice more focused feel, whereas all the recent Battlefields have felt scattershot and all over the place.
More weapons would be cool but I don't care for more attachments.

Kalentan

If anything they could scrap all the loot box shit and do zero customization. Screw all that shit. If endless piles of garbage spewing out onto your screen are your thing, you might like the new COD though...

You know, you could have said this better without sounding insulting.

Can you imagine how tricky it is to balance that mode? I really don't envy DICE there.

That's one aspect I actually really like about BF1. BF3 and BF4 had such obnoxious unlock systems, and rafts of weapons which all felt so indistinct to use, particularly when the attachments meant you could make everything feel so alike. I much prefer a smaller amount of clearly delineated and distinct weapons that have that rock-paper-scissors feel.

As to skins, it would seem a bit grotesque to have outlandish designs in a WW1 game, so less is more IMHO.

So I'm really sorry for this dumb question but what is the Battlefield 4 selection for when you're in the main menu of Battlefield 1? I read it's something about a unified UI but I don't know anything else.

deoee

It's actually a plus that theres not much shit to unlock.
90% of the BF4 weapons were useless and with the high customization you could make any weapon a swiss army knife.

Top Bottom