• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Theorry

I just unlocked the achievement for hard difficulty completion and I'm on the 3 character 2 mission...

Achievements are crazy broken. I am level 7 medic and assault and still havent unlocked the achievement for reaching level 2. I even get ingame notifications off reaching level 4 for medic but when i am in the menu it says level 7.

Ozorov

Achievements are crazy broken. I am level 7 medic and assault and still havent unlocked the achievement for reaching level 2. I even get ingame notifications off reaching level 4 for medic but when i am in the menu it says level 7.

This stuff is unfortunately pretty common for a Dice-game. A trophy in Battlefront was broken for months. And when they launched Hutt Contracts it was a mess.

Theorry

Why the hell cant you customize classes outside of games?

J4XpN7f.png

Typical DICE.

I think mine popped at level 10 for medic.

bounchfx

just played for a bit this shit is DOPE AS FUCK

SO happy with this game right now. It has some annoying UI usability issues but besides that god damn it just feels good

I love being squad leader and encouraging everone toward an objective, flank, or defense and seeing people do it. Freaking awesome.

On attacking side we won Ballroom blitz snd iron wall. Super satisfying.

Theorry

Ye I'd like to hear quick impressions too. Very tempted to go out and buy this tomorrow

If you like Battlefield you will be fine. Overall it feels abit more grounded because of the lack of alot of annoying gadgets. And the game has more character then previous Battlefield games.

For people on the fence, you can get the PC version for $45 on CDKeys right now. If you're in it for the SP, I wouldn't bother as it's your standard 4-5 hour shooter with a non-interesting story. The MP is excellent and the servers have been stable since last weekend for me. Operations is the new mode to Battlefield and it's an incredible mix of Rush and Conquest - it's like you're really out there in the trenches when you start off attacking and pushing for the objective. From the sound mixing to the visuals, the spectacle during Operations is one to behold and experience.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Haven't had time to look up any details since release, is the game shit performance wise on vanilla ps4?

Edit: sorry about the double post.

Yeah it's kind of shit (only played Conquest), it doesn't feel any smoother than BF4, and resolution is pretty soft. It's still a bit too much game for the hardware. I'm very interested to see if the Pro version can stabilize performance, or if it's just all about the number of pixels on screen.

kriskrosbbk

Can you tell me is this a bug ,while browsing the guns for a specific class,I am thrown back and the option to select the gun section is greyed out.I need to go back and then enter again in order to work.
PS4.

Playing Operations the other night and noticed my bomber was handling strangely. Changed to the external camera and found an enemy plane stuck to it, neither of us able to shoot each other. Managed to get a roadkill out of it as well :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Moondod/video/22629545

This went on for about 5 minutes until eventually they separated and their plane spiraled into the ground.

forms

Yeah it's kind of shit (only played Conquest), it doesn't feel any smoother than BF4, and resolution is pretty soft. It's still a bit too much game for the hardware. I'm very interested to see if the Pro version can stabilize performance, or if it's just all about the number of pixels on screen.

Alright, that puts me on hold then. Not super-interested in playing a sub-par experience just because. Fps games should have an excellent framerate in my opinion.

Rad-

Loving the game on PS4!

Really hate that you have to hold down 'X' to spawn again, but that's just a minor annoyance, I will get used to it.

Also, no customization without being in a game is so stupid - yes, I know the app is there but still.

As a medic it really annoys me when I risk my life to run over a road through a bullet storm to revive a guy and just when I'm safe and near him he starts holding down x to spawn and I can't revive him anymore. Happens very often too. People don't hold x to spawn unless you of course really want to respawn instead of revive.

Theorry

Operations feels more like Rush then CQ. And people will be pushed all into one direction where on CQ is abit more spread out. So 40 is better imo because of that. With 64 its to hectic and to chokepoint like. Like Rush what happens with Rush and 64 players.

Tempted to pick this up, with £10 credit I have on Amazon and the £2 preorder discount, £28 isn't too bad a price.

I'm no serious player of shooters but I enjoyed the beta and my time with the trial. The last time I played regularly is when BF3 first came out. I picked up BF4 recently for £5 and enjoyed the few hours I played of it.

Decisions...

TheRed

Damn had an amazing moment when I jumped off my horse just to get off, little did I know the horse would continue running, jump up a ledge roadkill 2 enemies while I follow and in 3 shots no miss took out the remaining 3 enemies for the squad wipe and complete defense of the flag in like 5 seconds. Was badass me and that horse.

Of course shadowplay decided to give me another corrupted video. Sucks, the old Geforce experience was more reliable to me.

Oh and Sinai is an awesome map, screw the haters :)

So is the best way to level up playing conquest of more objective based modes?

I do play a fair amount of TDM and the amount of XP you get seems to make even the early levels drag, only managed to unlock two guns so far as I'm way low on warbonds.

Can you tell me is this a bug ,while browsing the guns for a specific class,I am thrown back and the option to select the gun section is greyed out.I need to go back and then enter again in order to work.
PS4.

Happens to me as well and I think for everyone. It seems like a time-out glitch. Don't stare at a weapon for too long. switch to another option and return (like hit 'up' then 'down' again and continue reading or looking.

So is the best way to level up playing conquest of more objective based modes?

I do play a fair amount of TDM and the amount of XP you get seems to make even the early levels drag, only managed to unlock two guns so far as I'm way low on warbonds.

Conquest has always given the most points. It is also the largest battles and has all vehicles. It's my default mode.

Top Bottom