• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Now the 24h peak for the consoles are more accurate :) Before X1 was ahead of PS4 by about 1k despite PS4 having the most current players online.

PC: 85,834 (24h peak: 85,834)

XBOXONE: 67,183 (24h peak: 123,893)

PS4: 118,899 (24h peak: 142,881)

Total: 271,916
And wait til i get my copy next week! PS4 + 1

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, its just the glorious decision of not having it in server browser so you are counting on DICE to put you in games. I never hit quick play with anything, but have to with Operations and look what happens...
It's a shame because it's so good and when the matchmaking works it's 👌

Tecnniqe

Banned
hmmm im always on conquest, tho i did play a touch of dom and ops, have not played rush yet. guess i'll give those modes a try tonight
Honestly it seems to come down to if you play support or not most of the time.

If I play support and get a medal or highlight at end of round for healing or resupply or whatever I almost always get a box. So there might be some higher % value if you play great support. Bigly support.

bombshell

Seeing the playercounts it seems like more Xbox players bought the early access version but more PS4 players bought the regular edition.

It's more likely to be the trials running out for a lot of people. Same exact pattern could be seen with Hardline and Battlefront with Xbox being ahead for a couple days after launch, but then PS4 getting the expected 1.5-2x lead throughout the day like BF1 is starting to show now as well.

It's actually a plus that theres not much shit to unlock.
90% of the BF4 weapons were useless and with the high customization you could make any weapon a swiss army knife.

I agree but I am worried DICE will cave. So many people on the forums complaining that "I am not going to play this for 2000 hours because where is my reward for all that time?"

Not even exaggerating, this the mentality for hundreds of unlocks to grind for. People would rather grind than enjoy a game for the core gameplay experience

Now the 24h peak for the consoles are more accurate :) Before X1 was ahead of PS4 by about 1k despite PS4 having the most current players online.

PC: 85,834 (24h peak: 85,834)

XBOXONE: 67,183 (24h peak: 123,893)

PS4: 118,899 (24h peak: 142,881)

Total: 271,916

Wow that PS4/Xbox gap is crazy! And this is despite the EA Access and Xbox marketing deal. Wth!

Theorry

Wow that PS4/Xbox gap is crazy! And this is despite the EA Access and Xbox marketing deal. Wth!

EU is awake and PS is way bigger in EU.
This is now btw. Peaks are way more intresting btw. Because those current stuff is always way to depended on wich time.

PC: 91,495 (24h peak: 91,495)

XBOXONE: 71,832 (24h peak: 123,893)

PS4: 94,098 (24h peak: 142,881)

Whaaaat is going on with this game now?

I absolutely can not use my keyboard + mouse to play. Nothing happens. I can't even use the keyboard in menus to bind keys. No controller is plugged in.

Anyone seen issues like this pop up for other people?

EDIT: It was ReShade. Removed it and I can use my keyboard again.

When can we get a thread title change

We're stuck waiting for the Americans to deal with their domestic politics. Hopefully it won't take them 2 1/2 years this time.

j/k obviously. I quite like the title and understand why Wilson wouldn't want to get involved in the old world's imperial clusterfuck.
As a Brit I guess I need to play conquest so I can "Take Back Control" from those dastardly Europeans

Tecnniqe

Banned
We're stuck waiting for the Americans to deal with their domestic politics. Hopefully it won't take them 2 1/2 years this time.

j/k obviously. I quite like the title and understand why Wilson wouldn't want to get involved in the old world's imperial clusterfuck.
As a Brit I guess I need to play conquest so I can "Take Back Control" from those dastardly Europeans
Take the Empire back from these heretics!

Soulez

Neo Member
In your opinion, what class is the easiest to start with, with someone who's not that good in FPSers. (Yes, I'm talking about myself). I've been playing with the support class, and enjoy it, but my death ratio is awful.

I've ended matches with 3 Kills and 16 deaths. I feel at that point, I'm letting down my team. Granted, in all my CQ matches I'm usually one of the top resuppliers of ammo, so I feel I'm contributing, but I die way too much lol.

Should I just stick with the Support class, since I like supporting the team. And just hope that I start to get better with the K/D portion of the game. I just don't want others to look at my K/D ratio and say "He sucks, kick him out of the squad."

Theorry

Ftfy

I'm actually a bit surprised the console peak numbers are that much higher than the PC counts. I've always thought of Battlefield as a PC series first and foremost, but clearly I'm in the minority.

Since BF3 console always had more players really. With BF3 it became more a mainstream series. Console numbers will drop harder over time btw. Still will be above the PC. But console players tend to move on quicker where PC players stick longer with a game.

In your opinion, what class is the easiest to start with, with someone who's not that good in FPSers. (Yes, I'm talking about myself). I've been playing with the support class, and enjoy it, but my death ratio is awful.

I've ended matches with 3 Kills and 16 deaths. I feel at that point, I'm letting down my team. Granted, in all my CQ matches I'm usually one of the top resuppliers of ammo, so I feel I'm contributing, but I die way too much lol.

Should I just stick with the Support class, since I like supporting the team. And just hope that I start to get better with the K/D portion of the game. I just don't want others to look at my K/D ratio and say "He sucks, kick him out of the squad."

Medic really. Accurate guns and you can heal yourself. Wich keeps you alive more.
Dont look to much btw to K/D. Play your role. Drop ammo, heal, revive people etc. More important then pure K/D.

If you are playing conquest, its more about the objectives than your ratio.

Nyx

In Conquest your score per minute is much more important than your K/D ratio.

Just be sure to resupply your teammates and play the objective. And have fun! :)

Zushin

Can't seem to get online on Ps4 Australian servers. Was playing fine earlier but not connecting in game. Ps4 is able to go to the store etc fine

Rad-

Unlocking the Mondragon for the medic class is a legit game changer. That gun is glorious.

Yeah after testing pretty much all the medic weapons, Mondragon is easily the best. It doesn't really have any major weaknesses except maybe small-ish mag size. It's good in every range. Both Optical and Sniper variants are great but I prefer the Sniper one because you get a bipod and I think it's easier to see enemies through its scope.

The only weapon that comes close is the Selbstlader. It has amazing firing sound and good size mag but it doesn't quite have the long range accuracy of Mondragon. Also slightly less dps.

Ozorov

Wouldnt call it master race because some EU parts its down too.

vader.jpg

Mik2121

Japan here, down as well. It's 9pm and I had planned to play the game tonight since I happened to have a lot of time today, but alas...

Bahlor

It's down for me... Germany PS4. Or better: the game says I'm offline but PSN ist working just fine for me.

Actually thought we would have a smooth start, considering that the most people are still not online yet and I'm sure a lot more played the open beta which was quite a smooth experience by the end if I remember correctly.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Can't get online here in the UK.

Even so, that menu music is pretty good. That first prologue mission they put you through too, that was super intense.

KageMaru

Was really disappointed that there was no preload for this. Wanted to play some last night before going to bed. Can't wait to play some today though!

Top Bottom