• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The Hellriegel is just ridiculous. It’s easily the best weapon for assault and probably in the game. The 60 drum lets you rip through so many people and it has like no recoil, so it’s actually decent at longer ranges compared to the other smgs. The only downside to the gun is you only have 120 rounds, but that’s not a huge deal with all the supports running around.

Current ranks:

Assault: 10
Support: 8
Medic: 3
Scout: 0, lol fuck this class.
Pilot: 5
Tank: 4
Cavalry: 3

I’ll probably finish up support then medic. I guess I’ll get around to scout eventually.

Can someone explain how cycling distance works for snipers? I've messed around with it based on the length of the shot, but it doesn't really seem to do much.

Tovarisc

Can someone explain how cycling distance works for snipers? I've messed around with it based on the length of the shot, but it doesn't really seem to do much.

Set range is range at which bullet goes through aimspot of crosshairs. E.g. scope is set for 150m, you aim directöy at apple that is 150m out and pull the trigger. Bullet will hit. If scope is set for 75m, apple is 150m out then you need aim X cm above the apple in order to hit the apple.

Edit: Distances in BF1 are so tiny and bullet velocity is so high that bullet drop is almost non existing so changing value from default 75m is unnecessary.

Daffy Duck

Servers down again?

I was going to hook my PS4 to my monitor tonight whilst the girlfriend watches TV but if it's this bad I may just wait until she goes to bed in the hope they will be working.

Amiens - probably the best Battlefield map ever
St Quentin's Scar - Yes please
Suez - Very Bad company 2, nice
Ballroom Blitz - 64 players within C site at all times
Argonne Forest - Pioneer of bottle necks, potentially awesome 32 man map
Monte Grappa - I don't know how to play you but damn, pretty mountanis
Empires Edge - It's a good map
Fao Fortress - Meh
Sinai Desert - I used to love you but you're the worst of the lot

A much better selection than BF1s launch, only really sigh when Sinai pops up. Argonne can be exhausting.

Ooh, been playing for a while now and haven't had a match on Ballroom or Fao Fortress. Look forward to it.

Maximus P

Well, so i guess my pack is lost then.

Stay calm. Maybe they'll show up again once we're back up.

I'm getting this at the moment.. (notice the '1' next to unopened)

JOMph33.jpg

Set range is range at which bullet goes through aimspot of crosshairs. E.g. scope is set for 150m, you aim directöy at apple that is 150m out and pull the trigger. Bullet will hit. If scope is set for 75m, apple is 150m out then you need aim X cm above the apple in order to hit the apple.

Edit: Distances in BF1 are so tiny and bullet velocity is so high that bullet drop is almost non existing so changing value from default 75m is unnecessary.

Ah gotcha, seems best to stick with 75m then. Thanks for the explanation.

Tovarisc

Sounds like weapon balancing will be a big deal going by most impressions

Well weapon balance is in odd space currently. For e.g. LMG at close range gets countered by SMG, at medium range by DMR and bolties and at long range less by DMR and a lot more by bolties. TTK with LMG's is so much higher than with SMG's or DMR's that you don't really stand a chance without using pseudo-SMG that is BAR.

SMG's, especially Rank 10 one, can be used to counter anything up to DMR ranges.

DMR accuracy and damage over even long range can result in some funky counter sniping situations because you can put more damage down the range than bolt action sniper can. DMR shouldn't be able to counter snipe bolt from long range, but you can do it here.

Pump action shotgun RPM rivals that of DMR, why? Being OHK weapon and firing that fast you can clear house hardcore even against automatic fire.

At the end LMG's are most flawed and don't have any space nor role to fill in BF1. Scatter guns that can't deal damage for shit.

Pastry

Banned
Amiens - probably the best Battlefield map ever
St Quentin's Scar - Yes please
Suez - Very Bad company 2, nice
Ballroom Blitz - 64 players within C site at all times
Argonne Forest - Pioneer of bottle necks, potentially awesome 32 man map
Monte Grappa - I don't know how to play you but damn, pretty mountanis
Empires Edge - It's a good map
Fao Fortress - Meh
Sinai Desert - I used to love you but you're the worst of the lot

A much better selection than BF1s launch, only really sigh when Sinai pops up. Argonne can be exhausting.

This is kind of exactly where I'm at. Excited to see what we get with the the free Dec map.

Mahonay

Banned
Suez is one of the worst Battlefield maps I've ever played. I really can't believe it got past play testing. It's fucking awful.

I like pretty much all of the other maps quite a bit.

Menitta

I'm going to get Titanfall 2 next week for sure, but I'm debating getting this tonight. I'm not sure about actively playing two shooters at the same time. How are impressions? I've heard positive.

Pretty disappointed with my experience so far. Got the game, played a match on Monte Grappa (Operations mode) and at some point the framerate was at the 30s and remained that way until the end. (PS4)

Then I just couldn't get in any match ever since. All I get are error messages. Wanted to play a bit before going to work. This sucks.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm going to get Titanfall 2 next week for sure, but I'm debating getting this tonight. How are impressions? I've heard positive.
Game feels really great. A wonderfully executed multiplayer experience, best BF game I've played since Bad Company 2. Going away from modern times was exactly that the series needed.

Tovarisc

Pretty disappointed with my experience so far. Got the game, played a match on Monte Grappa (Operations mode) and at some point the framerate was at the 30s and remained that way until the end. (PS4)

Then I just couldn't get in any match ever since. All I get are error messages. Wanted to play a bit before going to work. This sucks.

DDOS is cruel mistress.

Mahonay

Banned

There's been a massive DDOS attack this morning, sucks for people who just got the game today. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Well weapon balance is in odd space currently. For e.g. LMG at close range gets countered by SMG, at medium range by DMR and bolties and at long range less by DMR and a lot more by bolties. TTK with LMG's is so much higher than with SMG's or DMR's that you don't really stand a chance without using pseudo-SMG that is BAR.

SMG's, especially Rank 10 one, can be used to counter anything up to DMR ranges.

DMR accuracy and damage over even long range can result in some funky counter sniping situations because you can put more damage down the range than bolt action sniper can. DMR shouldn't be able to counter snipe bolt from long range, but you can do it here.

Pump action shotgun RPM rivals that of DMR, why? Being OHK weapon and firing that fast you can clear house hardcore even against automatic fire.

At the end LMG's are most flawed and don't have any space nor role to fill in BF1. Scatter guns that can't deal damage for shit.

I don't have the game yet (I played the beta) but theoretically I can't find anything wrong with the bolded. DMR's should be almost as good as snipers at long range, the primary difference being better magnification on snipers which increases range as well as more power per shot.

And shotgun should dominate close range since it's otherwise completely useless.

Menitta

Game feels really great. A wonderfully executed multiplayer experience, best BF game I've played since Bad Company 2. Going away from modern times was exactly that the series needed.

The only Battlefield I played was 3 and I didn't really care for it so how does it compare to that?

I also played Hardline's campaign but that's probably not important.

Caja 117

So, has anyone here finish the campaign? is it good?, I played the first two mission an so far I liked it, I always liked these type of Historical war games.

On the MP side so far Im loving all the maps in the game, I think I played like on 4 or 5 different ones, and I can say with confidence the Sinai map from the beta is the weakest one.

one question, how do I check my current rank for each class?

Pakoe

The only Battlefield I played was 3 and I didn't really care for it so how does it compare to that?

When it comes to "modern" Battlefields, i'd rate it like this:

BC2>BF4>BF3>BF4's testing range>BF Hardline

BF1 fits right next to BC2 imo.

Mahonay

Banned

A much more grandiose presentation than Battlefield 3 by a pretty significant margin.

Campaign is fine in Battlefield 1. Easily the best since Bad Company 2, but I would say it's not worth buying at full price if you are mainly interesting in single player.

Multiplayer is nice since everything is much more analog now. And you don't have to contend with any lock-on missiles or helicopters absolutely ruining your shit.
When it comes to "modern" Battlefields, i'd rate it like this:

BC2>BF4>BF3>BF4's testing range>BF Hardline

BF1 fits right next to BC2 imo.
Yeah I'm pretty much the same on this.

The Hellriegel is just ridiculous. It’s easily the best weapon for assault and probably in the game. The 60 drum lets you rip through so many people and it has like no recoil, so it’s actually decent at longer ranges compared to the other smgs. The only downside to the gun is you only have 120 rounds, but that’s not a huge deal with all the supports running around.

Current ranks:

Assault: 10
Support: 8
Medic: 3
Scout: 0, lol fuck this class.
Pilot: 5
Tank: 4
Cavalry: 3

I’ll probably finish up support then medic. I guess I’ll get around to scout eventually.
Jesus. Playing for 5 hours last night I got medic level 1 and assault level 1.It takes awhile.

Even with a few days head start that seems so high. Am I doing something wrong?

Tovarisc

I don't have the game yet (I played the beta) but theoretically I can't find anything wrong with the bolded. DMR's should be almost as good as snipers at long range, the primary difference being better magnification on snipers which increases range as well as more power per shot.

And shotgun should dominate close range since it's otherwise completely useless.

Automatico vs. shotgun is just about who clicks LMB first, both kill in blink of an eye within certain radius. Automatico just has added bonus of being able to challenge DMR's to mid-range. Also I'm not saying shotgun shouldn't kill you from close range, just that firerate is maybe tad too absurd making manual action shotgun basically semi-auto from BF4.

Sniper variants of DMR's can rival bolt action rifles even in scope magnification. Put bipod against something, scope in and start sniping. Is that good or bad is up for argument, personally I don't care that much about issue. Maybe DMR's should have somewhat more bullet spread at long range so they wouldn't go so toe to toe with bolt actions.

T.O.P

Banned
So uhm

I played that prologue mission

I'm kinda at a loss for words

This game looks incredible

And always 60fps on a 970 at ultra, wow

Top Bottom