• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Menitta

When it comes to "modern" Battlefields, i'd rate it like this:

BC2>BF4>BF3>BF4's testing range>BF Hardline

BF1 fits right next to BC2 imo.

A much more grandiose presentation than Battlefield 3 by a pretty significant margin.

Campaign is fine in Battlefield 1. Easily the best since Bad Company 2, but I would say it's not worth buying at full price if you are mainly interesting in single player.

Multiplayer is nice since everything is much more analog now. And you don't have to contend with any lock-on missiles or helicopters absolutely ruining your shit.

Yeah I'm pretty much the same on this.

Ok. I'll probably pick it up then. Thank you both.

The Hellriegel is just ridiculous. It’s easily the best weapon for assault and probably in the game. The 60 drum lets you rip through so many people and it has like no recoil, so it’s actually decent at longer ranges compared to the other smgs. The only downside to the gun is you only have 120 rounds, but that’s not a huge deal with all the supports running around.

Current ranks:

Assault: 10
Support: 8
Medic: 3
Scout: 0, lol fuck this class.
Pilot: 5
Tank: 4
Cavalry: 3

I’ll probably finish up support then medic. I guess I’ll get around to scout eventually.

So the Hellriegel is the one that you unlock at Rank 10 for Assault? I'll have to check that out. Assault was the first class I hit rank 10 with and I haven't really played much of it since.

Lender

So uhm

I played that prologue mission

I'm kinda at a loss for words

This game looks incredible

And always 60fps on a 970 at ultra, wow

Prologue is one of the finest set pieces in a Game in some Time. The rest of the SP is okay, nothing special I think. The tank campaign was the best imo.

Zoracka

I really enjoyed the beta much more than I had anticipated. It convinced me, even though the map may not have been the best. It was definitely not the worst map in the series, either.

So I really want to play this game (online, don't care about the campaign), but I have refrained thus far. The game released yesterday, so I wanted to hear, not so much what you think of it, but if it is playable? Are the servers crashing? Is it better to wait?

Jesus. Playing for 5 hours last night I got medic level 1 and assault level 1.It takes awhile.

Even with a few days head start that seems so high. Am I doing something wrong?

Well, I had early access, so I’ve been playing for like a week. I have over 30 hours now. I’m generally on top of the scoreboard, so ranking is pretty fast. I just play the objective, that’s it really. If you’re a squad leader, always give out commands since you get score when your squad completes them. Just simple BF stuff like spam spotting. Overall, I’d probably say medic and support are the fastest for ranking. Also kill horses! They give you 100 score. The little things add up. Play your class role and play the objective and you'll fly through the ranks.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah Hellriegel is Rank 10 Assault and 200 warbonds or so.

It was a train wreck in 3 and 4.
In BF3 it got worse but it was still ok, but by the time Rush came to BF4 it was fucking super terrible. I just stopped playing the game mode all together.

Really good to see they actually gave Rush the proper attention in BF1. And I really wasn't expecting them to either, with DICE implementing their big new game mode, Operations.

black070

After playing a few games in rapid succession I quit out to open my battlepacks, only to find everything but my battlepacks to be reset - please tell me the servers are just slow to update ?

T.O.P

Banned
Prologue is one of the finest set pieces in a Game in some Time. The rest of the SP is okay, nothing special I think. The tank campaign was the best imo.

Yup can't wait to dig in for more!

Also wanted to try the MP tonight but i'm still downloading at 50% :/

Mahonay

Banned
I really enjoyed the beta much more than I had anticipated. It convinced me, even though the map may not have been the best. It was definitely not the worst map in the series, either.

So I really want to play this game (online, don't care about the campaign), but I have refrained thus far. The game released yesterday, so I wanted to hear, not so much what you think of it, but if it is playable? Are the servers crashing? Is it better to wait?
It's 100 percent playable. Smoothest Battlefield launch since Bad Company 2. DICE finally got their shit in order.

Servers have been down on and off this morning because of a massive DDOS attack effecting multiple service providers.

Zoracka

It's 100 percent playable. Smoothest Battlefield launch since Bad Company 2. DICE finally got their shit in order.

Servers have been down on and off this morning because of a massive DDOS attack effecting multiple service providers.

Fantastic, that's so great to hear. I was very impressed with the beta, considering how many people played it. I didn't play Battlefront, but I believe that was a smooth launch as well.

So I might just buy it already.

theapg

For someone who hasn't played a Battlefield since BC2, do you all recommend playing the single player first? As in, does that help with playing online?

Pakoe

For someone who hasn't played a Battlefield since BC2, do you all recommend playing the single player first? As in, does that help with playing online?

It does kinda help you get to know the controls and options, so i'd probably do it.

Mahonay

Banned
How are you guys ranking up your classes so fast? I haven't even ranked up any of the classes once yet.
I guess just makes you're doing things like healing/reviving/resupplying, and attacking/defending objectives whenever humanely possible. I tend to run around from objective to objective like a mad man. Easy way to get a ton of points. Also working with a squad that you're communicating with makes a world of difference.

Tovarisc

How are you guys ranking up your classes so fast? I haven't even ranked up any of the classes once yet.

Pick a class and play it exclusively for day or two, doing tasks it's meant to do.
  • As assault kill as much as possible and do some AT
  • As medic throw around healing and res everything that isn't nailed down
  • As support throw ammo around like candy, pouch + box is insane combo for raking up score
  • As scout use flares as much as possible while scoring kills
First few class levels are slow as hell to get, but after that it gets faster.

Well, I had early access, so I’ve been playing for like a week. I have over 30 hours now. I’m generally on top of the scoreboard, so ranking is pretty fast. I just play the objective, that’s it really. If you’re a squad leader, always give out commands since you get score when your squad completes them. Just simple BF stuff like spam spotting. Overall, I’d probably say medic and support are the fastest for ranking. Also kill horses! They give you 100 score. The little things add up. Play your class role and play the objective and you'll fly through the ranks.
Good stuff. Thanks!

Mahonay

Banned
Definitely. They cover pretty much every aspect of the gameplay. Maybe just play the first couple of missions for each of the mini-stories if you'd like to get yourself up to pace.

Tovarisc

d4YQMDU.png

first battlepack, woo

Hold on... legendary skin for 1911? What? Battlepacks I have can't give such skin.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I can sign on to psn

But when i enter battlefield all i see is campaign and multiplayer on home menu.

When i try multiplayer it tries to sign in psn.

The hell?

So I've seen a few saying PS4 version has issues. I got it today instead of Xbox one since I'm getting a pro in a few weeks.

Should I swap it for Xbox version or wait for issues to be addressed?

Play conquest and run from flag to flag capturing them. Have a squad leader issue commands for more points. I consistently have more points than people on my teams with waaaay less kills because I PTFO (play the fucking objective). Honestly you get like 700+ points just for capturing a single point. Very easy to rank up.

AEREC

So I've seen a few saying PS4 version has issues. I got it today instead of Xbox one since I'm getting a pro in a few weeks.

Xbox has the same issues which is a low framerate in 64 player matches.

What other issues are you talking about?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Love the game and how it makes a genuine effort to represent WWI's history and succeeds on many levels. Ironically, the title of this thread represents how some have learned little if anything from history.

Mahonay

Banned

It runs almost exactly the same on XB1. There's no extra issues on PS4.

I always become so discombobulated when joining a Conquest game that is already in progress. Never seem to do as well as when I start a game from the beginning.

Top Bottom