• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Played this last night for a few hours after it went live with a friend. I had heard that Operations mode was fun so we decided to give it a shot. Ended up being the only mode we played. I love it.

Got it today for PS4 and played some conquest matches. Looks and feels great. But the framerate really could need a little boost. Nothing unplayable, but you see and feel almost always little framerate hiccups. Hope the PS4 Pro will bring it closer to 60fps or at least a more stable framerate.

But for now it's time to have fun :)

Vic_Viper

My SN on Origin is: Squadr0n

Can you still switch from Keyboard and Mouse to Controller on the fly? I like to use the controller when flying but prefer KB&M for everything else.

Gamerman1

Just picked up preorder I just put 5 bucks down on yesterday at Best Buy. Guy went and pulled it off the shelf but grabbed Early Enlister Deluxe Edition. He didn't scan the game he just went by the receipt to finish transaction. SO I got the $79.99 version for $47.99. Moot point about early access but I will take the extra bonus stuff.

PEKlNGDUCKK

Neo Member
This game is so gorgeous, yet they didn't implement any proper forms of AA. Turning on FXAA and TAA make the game so blurry. Anyone having the same issue? Any work arounds?

Tovarisc

So what kind mental gymnastics are required in order to claim with straight face that vehicles are either balanced or supposed to be OP because "vehicles"?

I'm guessing this has been asked a million times already, but I'm picking this game up on my way home and just wondering how the servers (PS4) are holding up so far?

So what kind mental gymnastics are required in order to claim with straight face that vehicles are either balanced or supposed to be OP because "vehicles"?

They're pretty tough to counter, yeah. I feel like the anti tank grenades work better than the dynamite when playing as assault. I should be able to throw dynamite more than 5 yards.

Lyonaz

40 man Operations is great, we did the Conquer Hell one, with Argonne Forest, which was awesome with the moving armored train.

Really liking it so far.

j-wood

Just picked up my physical copy from Best Buy.

This is the most useless fucking case I've ever seen. I knew that it didn't come with a disc, but this shit still shocked me. Just e-mail out a code EA.

I had to get physical though, because you don't get the GCU discount with digital code cards.

Big Brett

Should I get premium solely to get some battlepacks like right now? (Obviously for the content too later, but i'll just wait if there's no bonus packs immediately.)

Dartastic

Holy fuck. The intro single player level is one of the most memorable, incredible intros to a game I've ever played. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Nemic77

Holy fuck. The intro single player level is one of the most memorable, incredible intros to a game I've ever played. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

The intro is great.

Wait till you play Friends in High Places. Loved that story in particular, especially the ending.

I don't understand why Conquest is so popular. It just always feels like a random smattering of people everywhere with no sense of focus. I spawn and get shot from so many angles.

Feels like an exercise in frustration despite the fun to be had in that mode.

Cartho

Hearing the proper, original Battlefield theme on the main menu gave me shivers. YES DICE. YOU RESISTED THE URGE TO DUBSTEP!

Kinda about to pick this up after finally getting in a match of Operations last night, that was so cool.

Had a biplane flying straight at me as support on the last defense point on Monte Grappa, just emptied a full clip on it and it exploded midair, both of the enemies inside went flying out and slammed against the mountainside hard. Felt like a boss.

I don't understand why Conquest is so popular. It just always feels like a random smattering of people everywhere with no sense of focus. I spawn and get shot from so many angles.

Feels like an exercise in frustration despite the fun to be had in that mode.

I constantly request orders from my squad leader, if you stick with your squad it's a lot better. Request backup and tell them to follow you, etc, it really helps.

Tecnniqe

Banned
what's the point of all these DDoS attacks?

5fb.gif

Hopped on last night as soon as the PS4 digital version became available and played for about 3 hours.

Questions:

1. How do I ask for squad orders from the squad leader?
2. Does the map show the current squad order when I'm dead? If so, what does it look like?
3. Is there a way to bring up the map while alive with a single button press?
4. Is it possible to move the minimap to the upper left corner of the screen?
5. What are the best guns for each class at class level 1, especially for medics? I don't want to spend my warbonds on bad guns early on.
6. It appears that any class can heal tanks from the driver's seat, but only support can heal tanks from outside. Is this correct?
7. What does "Uniform Soldier Aiming" do exactly? Best to leave off?

Overall loving the game. I only put about 120 hours into BF4 back around launch, so it feels good to get into a Battlefield game again. I do have several complaints though (all already in this thread, but throwing them out there anyway):

1. Framerate is terrible in Conquest on PS4. Very noticeable. I don't remember BF4 being this bad in Conquest 64, except during levolutions.
2. Laggy menus.
3. Squad leaders who don't give squad orders are awful.
4. That unskippable intro, just let me play multiplayer! Whatever, at least it's a one time thing.

Really dislike all the guns have magnification when you ADS. It's just putting scopes on every gun again, what I liked about the beta and the point of a WW1 game is that it wouldn't turn every gun into a sniper rifle.

DICE cannot help themselves, they got to put this awful shit into every BF game.

Feel free to add me on PS4. My PSN ID is BigBear4x4. Fair warning: I'm not very good. Lol. I'll be going between this and Titanfall 2 when it releases. I'll also add my ID to the google document when I get home.

Top Bottom