• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

tr1p1ex

copies arrived yesterday.

I pre-loaded pc version. and downloaded patch for PS4.

My kid could play the PS4 version asap. But I had to wait until 11pm CST to play the pc version. That was unfair lol.

Tovarisc

In before the 24/7 ARGONNE FOREST UNLIMITED TICKETS NOOBS ONLY XXX servers.

Well Argonne is quite good map for what it's. Some claimed it to be Metro of the BF1, but Argonne is more varied and complex than Metro or Locker, imo. Suez is Metro of the BF1 and that map stinks bad.

Dave_6

Very surprised that my 3570K/970 setup can run this game maxed out at 1080p and is usually way over 60 fps. Wish all games were this optimized!

Campaign has been decent so far but I haven't finished the first chapter yet. Jumped into a game of Operations way too late without realizing how long those games last. Didn't help the learning curve with me being so tired :p

Mugenjin

Well Argonne is quite good map for what it's. Some claimed it to be Metro of the BF1, but Argonne is more varied and complex than Metro or Locker, imo. Suez is Metro of the BF1 and that map stinks bad.

I agree. While Suez is the Metro of BF1 it's still far superior than actual Metro.

LightInfa

Anyone else having their soldier page display no rank/progress?

EDIT:

Now even the career section of the website is telling me I need to login with my EA Account while it says I am signed in in the corner...

d00d3n

I have to applaud them on the story intro. The jumping between different named soldiers who die felt like a proper "bang" to start the game with.

g45y6u78lks5n.jpg

Maximus P

WTF..?

I finally get a battle pack in a game and it won't let me open it. It shows up in the menu but when I got into my battle packs it says there are no unopened battle packs. Typical.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Again: A big DNS provider is getting DDoS so a bunch of sites and services are having connection issues.
It's not just BF or EA Servers.

Tovarisc

WTF..?

I finally get a battle pack in a game and it won't let me open it. It shows up in the menu but when I got into my battle packs it says there are no unopened battle packs. Typical.

Servers seem to be fucked, people can't even get online. Most likely cause for MIA battlepacks.

Maximus P

Woah, those PS4 numbers are crazy considering MS has the marketing rights!

I don't think marketing rights makes a big an impact as some may suggest. There have been lots of examples of games selling really well or better on the console that doesn't market the game. Fifa in the UK for example.

deoee

Teamwork in operations IS AWESOME

So much ammo and medics. This is so different from the beta map. Feels so cinematic

No, people are fucking idiots and are zerging at hills and chokepoints like crazy.

No one even attempts to flank, it's infuriating.

lazerfox

Don't try to open battle packs right now. I didn't get anything and they just disappeared.

Guess I have to play the campaign...

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thompson, Grease Gun, MP40, STG44, Sten, PPSH.... There was plenty full automatic weapons in WW2.

You may want to avoid using Assault rank 10 SMG then if you want to maintain illusion about full automatics not dominating everything from close to mid range.
To be fair, PPSH is classified as a motoboat.
No, people are fucking idiots and are zerging at hills and chokepoints like crazy.

No one even attempts to flank, it's infuriating.

Wanna know why? ITS CAUSE YOU SELECTED 64 POP!

Amiens - probably the best Battlefield map ever
St Quentin's Scar - Yes please
Suez - Very Bad company 2, nice
Ballroom Blitz - 64 players within C site at all times
Argonne Forest - Pioneer of bottle necks, potentially awesome 32 man map
Monte Grappa - I don't know how to play you but damn, pretty mountanis
Empires Edge - It's a good map
Fao Fortress - Meh
Sinai Desert - I used to love you but you're the worst of the lot

A much better selection than BF1s launch, only really sigh when Sinai pops up. Argonne can be exhausting.

Amiens - probably the best Battlefield map ever
St Quentin's Scar - Yes please
Suez - Very Bad company 2, nice
Ballroom Blitz - 64 players within C site at all times
Argonne Forest - Pioneer of bottle necks, potentially awesome 32 man map
Monte Grappa - I don't know how to play you but damn, pretty mountanis
Empires Edge - It's a good map
Fao Fortress - Meh
Sinai Desert - I used to love you but you're the worst of the lot

A much better selection than BF1s launch, only really sigh when Sinai pops up. Argonne can be exhausting.

I agree with all of these except for Sinai Desert. I love that map

Top Bottom