• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

thenexus6

Nevermind

PS4 MP isn't greyed out anymore, but stlil can't get on..

My biggest take away so far from the campaign is how badly I want another Wolfenstein game!

Bah, reposting questions for new page:

Hopped on last night as soon as the PS4 digital version became available and played for about 3 hours.

Questions:

1. How do I ask for squad orders from the squad leader?
2. Does the map show the current squad order when I'm dead? If so, what does it look like?
3. Is there a way to bring up the map while alive with a single button press?
4. Is it possible to move the minimap to the upper left corner of the screen?
5. What are the best guns for each class at class level 1, especially for medics? I don't want to spend my warbonds on bad guns early on.
6. It appears that any class can heal tanks from the driver's seat, but only support can heal tanks from outside. Is this correct?
7. What does "Uniform Soldier Aiming" do exactly? Best to leave off?

Overall loving the game. I only put about 120 hours into BF4 back around launch, so it feels good to get into a Battlefield game again. I do have several complaints though (all already in this thread, but throwing them out there anyway):

1. Framerate is terrible in Conquest on PS4. Very noticeable. I don't remember BF4 being this bad in Conquest 64, except during levolutions.
2. Laggy menus.
3. Squad leaders who don't give squad orders are awful.
4. That unskippable intro, just let me play multiplayer! Whatever, at least it's a one time thing.

Loxley

Fucking hell. Why on friday evening? :(

m7QUwjm.gif

You can use commands by holding R1 and selecting from the wheels. Gotta release R1 before you let go of the directional command.

I'm playing on Xbox one, but possibly press down the touch pad and it should open. Don't think it's possible to move the minimap.

Haven't tried enough guns or anything to answer the rest, sorry! I bought another semi-auto version of the medic rifle that is way better, I believe it also has a similar name.

Ennosuke

What a week for me. Felt like hell this week in the office, but the whole weeky I was looking foward to play some Battlefield 1 friday evening.

And now I can't go online .... life sucks sometimes ...

Surfinn

Two ticket influencing things are;
  • Kills directly impact tickets by adding to them
  • More flags you hold more frequently ticket gets added to total
That said because kills directly impact tickets and depending on how good KDR farmers your team has you can get by e.g. having 2 out of 5 flags with 3rd cap going back and forth through the match. If you could counter kill affect by reviving, which you can't afaik, then you would aim hold 3 caps for majority of match.

That said capping point doesn't always make sense. Maybe it's in spot that your team can choke and by not capping it a lot enemies keep spawning there and can be contained to that area. Maybe cap is so out of the way that contesting it doesn't make much sense if overall match is going yours team way with clear margin. If team is unable to contain and kill then they need to contest and cap everything that is nailed down to the floor so they have even one cap.

I will NEVER sit back and spawnkill or encourage anyone else to do so. Conquest is and has always been about capturing and holding flags to win. If it turns out that spawnkilling is a more effective strategy than capturing a flag, I think DICE should address this immediately.

Keep that shit out of conquest. It's worked well for years and shouldn't be changed now. I think they should just bring back ticket bleed honestly. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

vixlar

1. How do I ask for squad orders from the squad leader?
2. Does the map show the current squad order when I'm dead? If so, what does it look like?
3. Is there a way to bring up the map while alive with a single button press?
4. Is it possible to move the minimap to the upper left corner of the screen?
5. What are the best guns for each class at class level 1, especially for medics? I don't want to spend my warbonds on bad guns early on.
6. It appears that any class can heal tanks from the driver's seat, but only support can heal tanks from outside. Is this correct?
7. What does "Uniform Soldier Aiming" do exactly? Best to leave off?

1.- You ask for orders by keeping pressed the spot button, and the bottom option is "ask for orders" if you are not the squad leader.

3.- You keep pressed options or the pad (i'm not sure which one because i play on pc) and i think it lets you chose the complete map (but it is not the same map than in respawn screen, is like a giant radar)
4.- You cant move the radar, but you can make it bigger on options.
6.- The tanker class has a repair tool in one of his gadgets. You can use it to repair from outside. I'm not sure if the pilot class have it too.

desu

I come home and its off, yay.

Didn't someone promise DDoS attacks for the release? I remember some group was bragging a few weeks/months ago.

The Beard

Jesus. Playing for 5 hours last night I got medic level 1 and assault level 1.It takes awhile.

Even with a few days head start that seems so high. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you playing the objectives, or just trying to get kills? Because if all you're doing is going 7-4 every game it's going to take forever. It goes really fast if you supply your team, spot, cap & defend.

Matty8787

Right first of lemme say I have not touched multiplayer just yet as I like to finish SP.

But I am blown away by how gorgeous this game is! And I see this is more like 5 mini campaigns as opposed to 1 larger campaign which I think is brilliant as it keeps it fresh.

I have completed the first two mini stories and they were fucking brilliant.

Loving this so far and can see me spending a LONG time playing it as I know I will love the MP side of it.

jbortz78

Any news on when PSN/live and BF servers are excpected to be back online?

Ofc this happens when me and one of my friends had planens to play all night....!

Citadel

So I bought the deluxe edition that comes with the Red Baron pack. I entered and redeemed the code through Xbox (which said it was successful), and load up the game, only to find that I have no battlepacks or equivalent content.. Do I need to do something in-game to retrieve them, or did I run into an issue.

Note: I did this when the game launched, and I haven't been on today, so i know that it doesn't have anything to do with what's going on with the servers right now.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Poodlecorp. My question is what is to stop one of these groups from DDOS attacking everyday?

Probably the longer it goes on the easier it is to trace source IPs etc. If they just do a quick short burst at launch then it gets maximum effect and publicity and they probably don't all get caught.

Fudge, forgot to pick ps4 preorder at store which is closed at this hour.

And tomorrow morning I'm at work. Have fun for me too tonight..

Ozorov

Probably the longer it goes on the easier it is to trace source IPs etc. If they just do a quick short burst at launch then it gets maximum effect and publicity and they probably don't all get caught.

Isn't it also just 'kids' often? Didn't these Lizard Squad-ppl that got caught was like 17 and 19 years old?

But this attack seems bigger then the ones before, ye?

Top Bottom