• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

LQX

Ugh, if EA is doing away with PC CD disks in the case the least they can do is figure out a way to lets us pre-load without a key so we can be up and running rather than having to wait 5 plus hours to download on release day.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Best Assault
KMPzjUK.jpg

Surfinn

Wow is there really a DDoS going on? My roommate stayed home to play BF1 all day, lol. Hopefully this will be fixed by tonight.

So does the campaign not save your progress in the middle of a "story"? I was playing the second one where you're a
Pilot, then have to blow up blimps and all this other business, next bit was me stuck in a tree and then going down to hide and attract/lure an enemy.
At this point I quit, shut down and restarted my PS4 to see if PSN would sort it self. Now, going to continue I'm back at the start of the mission,
gambling with that dude and taking his plane.

What gives?

meanspartan

Never take the day off for release day of big MP games. You would think people would learn after years of this shit happening.

To be fair, this time it really was not DICE or EA's fault. The game was fine last night, nationwide DDOS is taking it down along with half the internet.

Toa TAK

Banned
So does the campaign not save your progress in the middle of a "story"? I was playing the second one where you're a
Pilot, then have to blow up blimps and all this other business, next bit was me stuck in a tree and then going down to hide and attract/lure an enemy.
At this point I quit, shut down and restarted my PS4 to see if PSN would sort it self. Now, going to continue I'm back at the start of the mission,
gambling with that dude and taking his plane.

What gives?
Single Player is still glitchy akin to BF4. I got the achievement for beating it on Hard when I played the levels on Normal. Lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
Never take the day off for release day of big MP games. You would think people would learn after years of this shit happening.

Well, the servers are fine but the whole US infrastructure is getting butterducked right now so even the EU servers can't do anything as they apparently ping the US ones which are melting due to the attacks.

zorbsie

About 10 hours in and enjoying it. How do battlepacks work? Is it just random people getting one at the end of a round? You don't get them from levels or any where else?

Tovarisc

About 10 hours in and enjoying it. How do battlepacks work? Is it just random people getting one at the end of a round? You don't get them from levels or any where else?

100% RNG at the end of match. You can't influence it in anyway other than don't quit before they are given out.

Surfinn

I've done this with success with lots of games. You take a gamble. But my roommate ordered it without preordering a game before this.

In their defense too (regardless of DDoS), this is probably going to be their biggest release yet. They seem to increase in popularity every few years by quite a bit.

SkylineRKR

The campaign really is good. I did not expect that. But the cutscenes are actually amazing.

There is one in Friends in high places,
where Wilson is duking it out with a German and you are blowing up the Blimp. But when it explodes all 3 pretty much stop fighting eachother and jump off together.
Those scenes are just great.

I can recommend it to people not able to connect online, just play the story. Its MUCH better than the BF3 and 4 crap.

On top of that I love the setting, the gameplay, the music, the MP ofcourse. Yeah this is one of hell of game.

Top Bottom