• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

I randomly bumped into Sharkie last night on Band Of Brothers, we had a good game going until...

-My internet momentarily disconnected
-Reloaded
-BF2 crashed
-Reloaded from desktop
-BF2 crashed
-Reloaded from desktop
-Before I had a chance to spawn, I was kicked to make way for admin
-Sat in the lobby for two minutes trying to rejoin (game was full)
-Reloaded
-Game lasted for 1 second, then the next map started to load
-Once the next map loaded, the server crashed
-Quit game

Think I spent a total of 20 mins, just sitting in front of my screen waiting :lol

Anyway, great photo Wasabi, we need our other members to fill in the empty space on the left hand side! About this weekend's game, I'll probably be out too, how do people feel about rescheduling for Sunday, same time?

sharkie

marvelharvey said:
Anyway, great photo Wasabi, we need our other members to fill in the empty space on the left hand side! About this weekend's game, I'll probably be out too, how do people feel about rescheduling for Sunday, same time?

I concur I think we should have the game on sunday giving a chance to the two regulars

rc213

Sunday 6pm PDT should be fine with me.

Anyone know if there is a set of objectives to unlocking weapons? So far I have the Unlock1 for Assault, Engineer, Medic and Anti-Tank. But I havent been able to figure out how to get the Unlock2's for any of them.

August 15th for 1.4 Final Patch!

First of all, we'd like to thank everybody who has contributed with the Beta Testing of the Patch 1.4 for posting your opinions on the forums.

Your opinions and reports has been very useful for us to improve the stability of the client and server for this patch. Also, we proudly present “Road to Jalalabad” sponsored by Comcast, and the new server option “Infantry Only” which will give you a new dimension for the classic Battlefield experience. The 1.4 patch will be available next Tuesday, the 15th of August.

Also, on a new effort for supporting our community, we are pleased to announce the first cycle of our MODLight where we will check the talent of the community's mod teams. As a part of this, every mod will be tested and hosted on servers arround the globe for the player's enjoyment.

More details about this patch and the MODLight program at the beginning of the incoming week!

The Battlefield Team

hey, I want a link for that news!

To get unlock 2s, just go back to the class of your choice. You don't need to unlock all the first weapons and then get to the second. Get a quick game of Special Forces in if you aren't seeing the second set of weapons.

You get unlocks from 3rd promotion on up. Check that bf2s.com site for more info, there's a wealth of knowledge there.

Next scheduled match:

Sunday 8/13
8:00AM PST
11:00 EST
4:00PM GMT

Monday 8/14
12:00AM in Japan

Server: 24/7 City Maps BandofBrothers

Nobiru said:
so early :(

when is the next reasonable hour one? i would like to finaly get in on these games :p
Guessing you're West Coast... so 6.00pm PST on Wednesday

Hold on, when is this new patch out? I think it's on Tuesday, should make Wednesday's match more fun/buggy.

marvelharvey said:
Guessing you're West Coast... so 6.00pm PST on Wednesday

Hold on, when is this new patch out? I think it's on Tuesday, should make Wednesday's match more fun/buggy.

yeah, i would need to live in Japan to play then :p .... 7pm my time on Weds sounds pretty good though, i will see if i work that day =/

In case you missed this in the main BF2 thread...

> Due to some last minute changes the release of the
> 1.4 patch has been delayed.
>
> We do not anticipate this delay being a lengthy one,
> however we do not have a fixed date for release at
> this time.
>
> We will update you as soon as there is further
> information.
>
> Apologies to those who were expecting the patch
> today, however in order for this patch to succeed in
> the way it is intended a little extra time is being
> taken to ensure it is right.

:(

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I've got a second gig of ram winging it's way to me with the express purpose of playing the hell out of this game like it was last year again.

Sign me up.

BF2 name - xnaterx

rc213

Supposedly patch has been delayed around 24hr's only...

here is what I received..

With the release of the 1.4 patch we have made significant improvements to player and server stability as well as introduced more ranked content for players to enjoy. Along with the many bug fixes we have included the new map “ Road to Jalalabad” which is sponsored by Comcast making this patch is an excellent step forward for the Battlefield Franchise. We would like to thank everyone who helped support the Beta effort. Please take a moment to review the fix list for this patch:

1.4 Patch – New content

· New level: Road to Jalalabaad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
· New Server Option: No Vehicles mode

1.4 Patch – Fix List

Front End:

· Front end - Fixed server browser issues with updating info
· Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
· Multiplayer Server filter “maps size” will now work
· Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box

Game Server

· Increased server stability
· All levels - Co-op – Fixed a crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt
· Server - Linux 32 Dedicated – Fixed the server crash when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co- op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
· Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
· Unlocks are once available on unranked servers.
· Ranked server have to have unlocks activated.
· Fixed Issue with the local coop server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
· Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map.
· Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps.
· Fixed a Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon).
· Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.

Client / Gameplay:

· Increased client stability
· Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
· Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
· Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
· Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
· Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
· Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
· Commander options will no longer available whilst dead.
· Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
· Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
· Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
· Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
· Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to help prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
· Fixed an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
· Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
· Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters

- The DICE Battlefield Team

· Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag

These 4 fixes/addons intrigue me the most out of all the updates. Specially the No Vehicles Mode, I been playing alot of the Special Forces maps and they kick ass.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
With my season now over in NCAA, now I will have more time toOH****, Madden. :D

Odds are I'll be working lots of Saturday mornings, like I have been recently. :(

rc213 said:
Supposedly patch has been delayed around 24hr's only...

These 4 fixes/addons intrigue me the most out of all the updates. Specially the No Vehicles Mode, I been playing alot of the Special Forces maps and they kick ass.

glad to hear about the added delay from Prone to Standing. They are doing this in BF2142 also, and I while I'm guilty of doing it to merely keep up with other players, it was infuriating that dropping to your knees when firing was pretty much useless....

bigsnack

Hey guys, I read on planetbattlefield that they patch could be delayed as much as a week! :( Argh, I could taste the patch and now we gotta wait again. Oh well!

In every full* game that GAF squad has entered in the past week, we have a 100% win record... go GAF!

*as in: we didn't join the game halfway through

It's all downhill from here :(

marvelharvey said:
In every full* game that GAF squad has entered in the past week, we have a 100% win record... go GAF!

*as in: we didn't join the game halfway through

It's all downhill from here :(

QFMFT!!!! :lol

good game everyone :)

rc213

Good game, even though it wasnt as organized as previous times. I had people in my room talking to me while I was trying to concentrate on not getting owned. :lol

DAMN FAMILY! *shakes fist*

rc213 said:
Good game, even though it wasnt as organized as previous times. I had people in my room talking to me while I was trying to concentrate on not getting owned. :lol

DAMN FAMILY! *shakes fist*

We've said it before and we'll say it again but your a damn fine soldier with the Anti-Tank kit. Top marks, keep up the good work.

the Euro contingent is growing! I had a good time last night, albeit it was short for me. We need to find more servers for harvey! Karkand was fine though, and I had a good time knifing people.

Is there a way to avoid being revived? Some stupid kid was reviving me without killing the guy hovering around my body, giving him 2 knife kills.

sharkie

WasabiKing said:
the Euro contingent is growing! I had a good time last night, albeit it was short for me. We need to find more servers for harvey! Karkand was fine though, and I had a good time knifing people.

Is there a way to avoid being revived? Some stupid kid was reviving me without killing the guy hovering around my body, giving him 2 knife kills.

Yes you can press the suicide button (wow I never knew there would be a time in my life when I say that :lol )on the bottom right hand corner, and sorry for missing last nights round you guys, how was it anyway and was there any new recruits?

In a couple of weeks I'll be back in the UK for approx 3 months, so at least that gives us one less timezone to worry about when organising game times ;)

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Hey, if someone wants to set up a server in the middle of the Atlantic, that would be just dandy.

This weekend, I shall be out on Saturday night, so I think a sunday game will be preferable.
However, as I usually stay up late, why not have the game at 10am PST Sunday, 6pm UK Sunday, 2am Japan Monday? It'll give you saturday night party people an extra couple of hours in bed.

marvelharvey said:
This weekend, I shall be out on Saturday night, so I think a sunday game will be preferable.
However, as I usually stay up late, why not have the game at 10am PST Sunday, 6pm UK Sunday, 2am Japan Monday? It'll give you saturday night party people an extra couple of hours in bed.
That sounds fine, I did early hours only to accommodate for your schedule.

I'd be interested in kicking some punkass someday if 1.4 ever comes out.

Do you guys lock squads so non-GAF can't enter?

Oh, and my id is 72589399.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
The only bitch with teamspeak is that I still can't totally put voices to names, since you don't get the voice ID ingame. I kinda knew Otakus since we like went on a date waiting for everyone else to turn up, and Harveys too since he was the only other English guy, but the rest of the time I was pretty much guessing.

The Stealth Fox

My BF2 has some severe issues, which is why I haven't been playing lately... I'm not sure if I can get it to work. It's an issue of crashing to desktop, it's becoming problematic, and I'm trying to figure out what I changed before it started happening (as it didn't happen before).

sharkie

xhadoukenx said:
and Harveys too since he was the only other English guy.

:'(

Teknopathetic said:
That goes away after time. At this point I can easily differentiate between Sharkie, Harvey, Ahmedq, Wasabi, etc. etc.

:D

The Stealth Fox said:
My BF2 has some severe issues, which is why I haven't been playing lately... I'm not sure if I can get it to work. It's an issue of crashing to desktop, it's becoming problematic, and I'm trying to figure out what I changed before it started happening (as it didn't happen before).

Well I've found that it does that with a select few servers, and if its not that I usually leave the the window with "Join Now" for a few seconds until it stops accessing my hardrive and it doesn't crash to desktop, otherwise just re-install BF2 it shouldn't take too long as long as you download the full patch 1.01-1.3, well with my 20 MB line it might not be that long but obviously if your line is much slower I can definately see the inconvenience.

Here's how you differentiate who is who by way of where you'd probably hear their voice.

British Pub - Sharkie
British Parliament - Marvelharvey
West Coast Nightclub - Wasabiking
Open Mic Night at a Comedy Club - TheStealthFox
Rorschach - Mexican restaurant (BURN)
Lonestar - John Deere Dealership (ICE BURN)

The Stealth Fox

Teknopathetic said:
Here's how you differentiate who is who by way of where you'd probably hear their voice.

British Pub - Sharkie
British Parliament - Marvelharvey
West Coast Nightclub - Wasabiking
Open Mic Night at a Comedy Club - TheStealthFox
Rorschach - Mexican restaurant (BURN)
Lonestar - John Deere Dealership (ICE BURN)

:lol

Top Bottom