• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Stantron

ColonialRaptor said:
Yeah, I can't make melee side click like I want, and I can't make grenade middle click, it's still pretty eh in the mapping department.
Besides left and right click working properly, scroll wheel scrolls through weapons and equipment despite not being set. Yet I can't set my other mouse buttons at all. I don't understand. :/

I gotta be honest, watching footage of the jets on youtube, they look pretty slow, which is a little dissapointing. They seem more like the fighter planes in battlefield 1943 for consoles than anything else, at least in terms of speed and handling. good news for me I guess, I was a monster with the fighter planes in 1943

Hellcrow

computers putin' said:
I gotta be honest, watching footage of the jets on youtube, they look pretty slow, which is a little dissapointing. They seem more like the fighter planes in battlefield 1943 for consoles than anything else, at least in terms of speed and handling. good news for me I guess, I was a monster with the fighter planes in 1943

Good news for everyone remembering China jets from BF2.

gillFTR

Also these tanks feel like they do as much damage as bad company tanks which is horrible I put a shell with 5 feet of someone and he didnt die ? BF2 no way that shyt would of happened.

gillFTR

SirButterstick said:
Dogfighting is soooooo goooooooooood.

Really ?? you didn't get locked on by 8 missiles yet ? If that didnt do it try dogfighting someone who has missiles unlocked on the jet rofl. It was good the first time I tried it when people unlocked stinger missiles it became shyt.

I put in a few hours with the PS3 version last nite but only played metro, is Caspian even available in the PS3 beta?????.

I think its a great game but my mind was not blown, was gonna double dip and get it for both PC and PS3, but I think PC is the only version to be had now.

The ground clipping/going underground in this game is fucking terrible

Everything else I like so far, but I'm sick of going prone and then getting stuck underground.

Anyone else on 360 getting a lot of graphical glitches? I've gotten stuck underneath the map once, and I keep seeing weird geometry glitches and empty shells that float in the air.

Absoludacrous said:
Anyone else on 360 getting a lot of graphical glitches? I've gotten stuck underneath the map once, and I keep seeing weird geometry glitches and empty shells that float in the air.

yeah, i'm getting the same glitches.

on another note, this is the first time I've ever played a Battlefield game and wow do I suck at it. anyone have any tips on getting better?

Enkidu

ChocolatePuddin said:
Will it be available when the PC version goes public or will you still need passwords?
You will probably still need a password. Who knows if they ever make Caspian public, I certainly hope so because it's almost like a different game. I don't want to play Metro-Rush ever again.

Bollocks

Absoludacrous said:
PS3 is the same, graphical glitches all over the place

Enkidu said:
You will probably still need a password. Who knows if they ever make Caspian public, I certainly hope so because it's almost like a different game. I don't want to play Metro-Rush ever again.

Ya Metro gets real old real quick, I hope they do I need some Caspian action bad.Anyone else also feeling kinda meh with the ps3 version?

Absoludacrous said:

Yep. Had some other glitches too, like not being able to aim down sights for a while, or not being able to run after mounting something.

still having a blast though, I'm playing this all day, no school for me

Amagon

When its all said and done about this beta, I am having a blast playing it. Yea their is a shit load of bugs/glitches/flashlights (lol!) but when everybody knows what they are doing in the games. Thats when the real battlefield moments arrive and makes the game so much better. Can't tell you the ridiculousness of the non-stop fire battles at the 3rd leg of Rush (top of escalators/subway) I have experience or the rush killing motherfuckers left and right like a boss. And I'm playing the beta on the PS3 and I reserved it for the 360 and I'm ranked lvl 18 which to be honest, I didn't plan on playing this long. Can't fucking wait to get game next month just to play all the maps with different modes and VEHICLES!!!!!!!

Played on a pc on ultra yesterday and then on my 360 today and it's like a slap in the face. I knew it wouldn't look nearly as good, but why are the colors so saturated?

And the few small glitches I encountered on the pc were NOTHING compared to the buggy mess on 360. I just had myself and the entire team spawning under the 1st bomb site A on Metro. We could barely get out, and the other team were going prone on rocks and shooting at us through the map. It became a drawn-out game where maybe 1/3 of the team wasn't glitching :/ lol.

It's only a month away! I wasn't gonna get it for pc/360.. but I'm not sure now.

Thermite

*See advertisement on Spotlight telling me the beta is available for download*

*Try to download beta*

"You need 49768589456 Microsoft Points to download this"

2dgou28.gif

FunkyMunkey said:
Played on a pc on ultra yesterday and then on my 360 today and it's like a slap in the face. I knew it wouldn't look nearly as good, but why are the colors so saturated?

And the few small glitches I encountered on the pc were NOTHING compared to the buggy mess on 360. I just had myself and the entire team spawning under the 1st bomb site A on Metro. We could barely get out, and the other team were going prone on rocks and shooting at us through the map. It became a drawn-out game where maybe 1/3 of the team wasn't glitching :/ lol.

I know what your saying, when Bad Company 2 came out the PC version and console versions were actually pretty close.But this is just black and white, the PC version has really broken away onto another level, and it shows the age of the PS3 and 360 in a big way.I think they both on their last legs when it comes to pushing graphics.But then again Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 do look very pretty.

Moaradin

Damn I was playing some Caspian and I restarted for a second just to update graphic settings but I come back with battlelog updating =(

kitch9

Banned
Emperor Bohe said:
yeah, i'm getting the same glitches.

on another note, this is the first time I've ever played a Battlefield game and wow do I suck at it. anyone have any tips on getting better?

Don't run around in the open too much, try to use cover. Don't listen to the tits that call everybody who's being careful a camper. The pricks usually can't handle the fact they can't get easy kills.

demolitio

Can anyone confirm that the repair tool does damage to enemy tanks? I know it can kill infantry as I've done it, but it wasn't hurting a tank and I was doing it for 2 minutes or so. I actually think it was repairing him, lmao...

Top Bottom