• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

georgc

Whats that other equipment that the recon gets? How does it work?
Also why do I always get behind a 3 foot tall wall and still get hit when I'm prone? It's made od solid stone :/

Spl1nter

Smokey said:
Yeah so I'd like to play with you guys.

We already told you how. Jump on mumble and get our attention. All the info is in the bf3 pc thread.

georgc said:
Whats that other equipment that the recon gets? How does it work?
Also why do I always get behind a 3 foot tall wall and still get hit when I'm prone? It's made od solid stone :/

Motion Sensor.

The recon other two gadget unlocks (soflam and MAV) are not available in beta.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
EatChildren said:
Funnily enough I fucking love Red Orchestra!
do you role play the whole "peasant from the urals thrown into the meatgrinder to his ultimate doom" scenario while cycling the enemy at the gates soundtrack?

Dmax3901 said:
Anyone else who has been playing RO2 finding BF3 quite jarring?

Bullet sponges?
you make peace with bf3 by acknowledging that it's a big, dumb cartoon with an ultra sincere real world visage ("BE ADVISED") spread over it to appease the confused masses, who want to believe they're playing some cutting edge military tech sim, but also don't want play anything that makes them feel stupid.

ro2's moment-to-moment gunplay is leagues beyond bf3, and does that rarest of things in a multiplayer fps; it actually evokes an emotional response.

on a small scale, bf3 is a notch up from call of duty in its transparent attempts to empower and positively reinforce joe gamer. on a large scale, bf3 is a giant adventure playground where you and your buddies can tear ass around an expansive vista, simulating all your greatest childhood army fantasies.

Asking again for the new page. Do I just log in through the Origin website or is their a Steam-like program I need to have installed?

nvm. Found a link to the client.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
UPDATE CRAP

Started the update DL on my crap 1mbps connection and had to stop it at almost 70%. Come back later and it goes all the way back to 17. Had to pause it again due to other issues and came back to 17 after it had DL'd almost back to the same original DL. Now I'm just getting back to around 60% at 12 30 in the morning!

What in the hell is wrong with this update app!

AND IT WON'T LET ME PLAY DESPITE LETTING ME SKIP THE UPDATE NOW FOR SOME REASON fml

Recon gameplay on Capsian Border please ? Guys ? Anyone ? ...

Did they finally put a real concret airway for planes to take off ? How resupply works ? Flying low over the base as in BF2 ?

JackEtc

Ryu said:
This looks familiar...

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/593666724_je3Ne-L.jpg[img]

;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I didn't want to be that guy, so I waited until I was in a pretty empty server, and then waited to see if anyone else wanted to take the Jet. I was considerate.

demolitio

luiztfc said:
Could someone PM'me the working password for Caspian Border? The one I had "ap..." is not working anymore.
It only works on a few of the US servers still so check them each one by one. Sometimes it tells me it's the wrong password when it's correct and it then connects. So far copy and paste hasn't worked for me all that well either for some reason.

georgc

Spl1nter said:
We already told you how. Jump on mumble and get our attention. All the info is in the bf3 pc thread.

Motion Sensor.

The recon other two gadget unlocks (soflam and MAV) are not available in beta.
Yeah I put it down and see nothing on my mini map. :/

jacobs34

Looking forward to comparing PS3 and 360 versions of the Beta, this is one time where it is nice to have two identical TVs. Hopefully they unlock Caspian on consoles tomorrow!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

DSN2K

its a snipers job to be a bitch. Camping is required as a sniper! when you see a sniper running and gunning you know the game mechanics is broken.

jacobs34

RoboPlato said:
I'm pretty sure Caspian isn't in the console versions. The downloads for those were 1.3 gigs as opposed to the PC 3.9 gigs.

Oh man. That just ruined my evening, i'll have to watch some more highlights of the Red Sox collapse to cheer me back up.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
EatChildren said:
I haven't played the beta, but I find sniper in any game boring as shit. In general I loath slow, defensive play style. Watching people, even assault, camp behind cover and slowly peak out for half a second only to dart back and piss their pants makes for such lame gameplay videos.

I'm that dick head running around like a lunatic.

I will gift Red Orchestra 2 to you when it's on a big sale.

legacyzero said:
Sure I do. What it seems you aren't just limiting this to Battlefield games, but more about snipers in general. Just saying. Snipers are snipers. I know it sounds dickish, but this is one of those "adapt or die" things.
You're assuming we can't change or remove snipers, but there's no reason they have to be the way they are in other games/real life, or be there at all.

Menelaus

Banned
So of course I have to agree with the common opinion: DICE is fucking stupid for not pushing Caspian over Metro for the beta. What fun!

Velion

DSN2K said:
its a snipers job to be a bitch. Camping is required as a sniper! when you see a sniper running and gunning you know the game mechanics is broken.
Except, you're not really just a sniper now. I like the battle rifles you start off with compared to the bolt action ones you unlock.

Soma

Snipers will never catch a break

Sniping from a far safe vantage point: "FUCKIN CAMPER NEVER HELPING OUT THE TEAM"

Aggressively Sniping on the front lines: "FUCKIN QUICKSCOPER GO BACK TO COD"

mojiimbo

I played around 3 hours of Caspian today and not a single game had a clean finish(which means I made zero progress on my unlocks.) As far as I know that's a relative non-issue with Metro so Dice probably wants to sort that out before making the map public. Then again, why did they put Metro out with all those geometry issues that I don't remember being in the alpha?

ECD759BEA5AAF004F3692BA6C79E868538DFDA20

Actually made me laugh. Dude was lying on a wall with the glock on his head killing people. He looks like a corpse but he could still fire back.

-Mikey- said:
When will this be available on PC or can you already download it?

Download the origin client and wait. The BF3 website says that when the beta is open BF3 will be available for download in the free games section of the client.

georgc

Spl1nter said:
you are not supposed to. It beeps if someone is in vicinity.

like the radio beacon these audio queues need some work.
Wow that useless. How is that gonna work when every 2 seconds I have a guy yell HOLY FUCK I need ammo!!!!

Mully

Anyone know when they will unlock the PC beta? I would like to download it tonight while I'm sleeping and wake up to something beautiful tomorrow.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Menelaus said:
So of course I have to agree with the common opinion: DICE is fucking stupid for not pushing Caspian over Metro for the beta. What fun!
Gotta fix the lag first. Borderline unplayable at points.

Moaradin

SapientWolf said:
Gotta fix the lag first. Borderline unplayable at points.

Only because everyone is hammering 1 server to get in. Yesterday when there was like 40 people on 1 server max, the connection was fine.

demolitio

Moaradin said:
Only because everyone is hammering 1 server to get in. Yesterday when there was like 40 people on 1 server max, the connection was fine.
Agreed. It actually ran fine even when it just hit 64 players, but once word got out and the server was getting spammed, it turned into a laggy mess.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hopefully we get a pre-patch before day 1 patch

The ground clipping is so abuse-able it's not even funny

First set of crates on Metro

Those 2 sets of 3 HUGE ass cinder block that give cover to B, 1 is near the playground/fence or railing area, the other near the water by the rocks

The rocks one is the glicthiest underground hax I have ever seen

If you are Attackers get there, get 15+ kill just shooting from underneath the ground looking up
If your Defender get there, you just locked down that whole fucking area

There's like 12 different places I can say that are abusing worthy

Also what is up with the spawning, GOOD LORD if I'm in prone or my team mate is prone, why do they spawn in prone position but vertically, it like half there body is phased through the ground, it really is a bitch that you kill someone and their teammate spawns, and kills you because 1. invincibility for 2 secs, 2. then you can't shoot them, but they can do it to you

Game is hella' fun, but this game will need patches and a abundant amount at that
Not broken per-say, more of bugs/glitches that need ironing out real quickly, or people will call bloody murder

Operation Metro had me worried, but Caspian Border is like its polar opposite. Going to be hard to play any more Operation Metro during the beta. I can't wait to play the other Conquest maps.

Top Bottom