• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Sweet, the beta is available on the 360 dashboard now!

DLLkM.jpg

Well that's strange

MHrfj.jpg

Noooooo

Anyone else see this on their dashboard?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hyunkel6 said:
What exactly does more suppression mean? I got a "perk" that does that. More bullet dmg?
When you fire near someone, but don't hit them, their screen blurs a bit.

I imagine it means you either blur their screen more or can blur their screen while being less accurate.

Your Microsoft Points balance is too low to complete this transaction. Please add more points to your account.

Current balance: 620 points
Required balance: 4,294,967,295 points​

Fuckers.

/edit/ Beaten!

/edit 2/ Just unlock it already. Go on, unlock it.

Bruiserk

Cons:

The menu system is so counter intuitive. The mix of having to press R1, L1, X, left and right feels awkward and confusing. Having your loadout menu and kit selection menu makes things feel slow. Bad Company 2 got it right. It felt fast, fluid and effective.

Hopefully we get Caspian unlocked for the PC beta (I'm a PS3 player). I'm hoping that it will change my mind because Op Metro is a terrible map. The first half filled with proning snipers and camping assaults, the second is full of laggy insta-kills.

But my biggest complaint has to be how awkward it feels to move around the map. Vaulting over things feels rough. Traversing through the trains and on the tracks is a nightmare. I also feel like I get stuck on little objects that shouldn't even waver me. BC2 had it's problems with the hills, but this is much worse.

Pros:

Dat Lighting.

luiztfc

demolitio said:
It only works on a few of the US servers still so check them each one by one. Sometimes it tells me it's the wrong password when it's correct and it then connects. So far copy and paste hasn't worked for me all that well either for some reason.

Thanks for this. I was able to enter and play a couple of games. So awesome!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hyunkel6 said:
What exactly does more suppression mean? I got a "perk" that does that. More bullet dmg?

Nirolak said:
When you fire near someone, but don't hit them, their screen blurs a bit.

I imagine it means you either blur their screen more or can blur their screen while being less accurate.

This (You know you have suppressed an enemy when you get 50 bonus points)

You know how your screen gets all blurry from someone shooting at you while you are in cover, this enhances it for the guy shooting at you

Keeps you at bay...you know suppressing you...like OMG!

Good for LMG's suppressive fire gives you a chance for the enemy not to move forward, but also gives time for your team to move in for the kills

Due to COD Lone Wolf mentality, it doesn't work properly, smart Battlefield players know how to stall advancement of the attackers or try to push back defenders

That is why Support now has ammo, while Assault has healing, Assault with Ammo refil = 1 man army, unlimited ammo, now they are pegged down, + Support has LMG, 300+ bullets to go through before a refill is needed, so not many boxes are gonna get spammed, + some players don't know they have that ability LOL

Got 3 medals so far, 20 ribbons, not bad:

5lpfg7.jpg

Ostinatto

Bruiserk said:
Cons:

The menu system is so counter intuitive. The mix of having to press R1, L1, X, left and right feels awkward and confusing. Having your loadout menu and kit selection menu makes things feel slow. Bad Company 2 got it right. It felt fast, fluid and effective.

Hopefully we get Caspian unlocked for the PC beta (I'm a PS3 player). I'm hoping that it will change my mind because Op Metro is a terrible map. The first half filled with proning snipers and camping assaults, the second is full of laggy insta-kills.

But my biggest complaint has to be how awkward it feels to move around the map. Vaulting over things feels rough. Traversing through the trains and on the tracks is a nightmare. I also feel like I get stuck on little objects that shouldn't even waver me. BC2 had it's problems with the hills, but this is much worse.

Pros:

Dat Lighting.

what about the framerate?
looks better than KZ3?

Wonder if the beta has suppression affecting weapon accuracy.

Being suppressed should increase weapon sway and recoil. This would make it nearly impossible for suppressed snipers to take you out.

Bruiserk

Ostinatto said:
what about the framerate?
looks better than KZ3?

It does get framey at points. What I noticed was that there are more "hiccups" than an actual bad framerate. But it's playable I think.

Better than KZ3? I'd say no. the textures are no that great and the AA could be better. The only thing that stands out to be is the lighting and how clear it looks. Other than that, nothing special.

Gav47

May have been already posted but open beta start times:

US Pacific time: 6 AM – 8 AM
US Eastern time: 9 AM – 11 AM
Europe: 3 PM – 5 PM
Australia (AEST): 11 PM – 13 PM
Japan: 10 PM -12 PM JST

Just like Monday time ar subject to change.

gibon3z said:
ECD759BEA5AAF004F3692BA6C79E868538DFDA20

Actually made me laugh. Dude was lying on a wall with the glock on his head killing people. He looks like a corpse but he could still fire back.
This happened to me also.

Also I played a server just now where team kill was on, I've not played like that before and wow, it's damn good!! You can't just blind fire around everywhere, sure am loving this shit, still has a lot of refinement to go, but it sure is a gem, I just don't want to stop playing, I always start playing badly after I play for a few hours straight so I said "okay last game" and ended up doing about 9 more rounds lol.

Does anyone have a extra 360/ps3 code? I'm down for the weekend because of ankle surgery and it would be nice to play before Dark Souls next week.

SpaceHorror

Proposed Law said:
Does anyone have a extra 360/ps3 code? I'm down for the weekend because of ankle surgery and it would be nice to play before Dark Souls next week.

You won't need a code anymore. In the morning the beta launches for everyone.

Proposed Law said:

Open beta starts in around 7 hours

Edit: Dang it, too late

aeiko

Banned
theres this glitch where if u parachute straight into a cockpit of a jet or heli (yes i saw this with my own eyes). the parachute stays on the plane the whole time as if ur still parachuting.. looks funny lol

aeiko said:
theres this glitch where if u parachute straight into a cockpit of a jet or heli (yes i saw this with my own eyes). the parachute stays on the plane the whole time as if ur still parachuting.. looks funny lol

Damn we need a screenshot or video of this.

Izayoi

Banned
MuseManMike said:
Yes, the connection issues and glitches I understand.
I was one of those people who didn't want prone back in.
Opinion invalidated.

Game is fucking amazing.

Caspian Border, even with less than 24 people, is a ton of fun.

I'm really interested in what people have to say about the 360 version. i've played it for the past 2 days and I am still disappointed. Gameplay is good. The response of throwing nades, medpacks, and knife killing needs to be fixed. The graphics need to be smoothed. I've never seen so many jagged edges. Also, lets get some textures in the game for christ's sake.

All in all It is a love/hate relationship with me. I really like how the game controls with the 360 controller, but the game runs like this a month before release.... They should've launched beta for consoles like 6 months ago.

Stantron said:
I can't seem to bind my mouse keys. Am I missing something, or is there a work around?
Yeah, I can't make melee side click like I want, and I can't make grenade middle click, it's still pretty eh in the mapping department.

SpaceHorror

It's up on X-Box Live, but when you try to download MS says you don't have enough MS Points and that you need like 4978456495 points (not the exact number, but about that many digits).

Hilarious.

Fjordson

Yeah, I can't wait to try the 360 beta.

Someone's trolling us hard right now, though. An ad to download the open beta is up on the dashboard, saying you can "Play Now!" but then it costs 4 billion Microsoft points to get it =(

What time are we getting this on the west coast, 1am? 3am? Am I staying up or what?

/edit/

360 impressions sound troubling, really hope they pull this off by launch.

Top Bottom