• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

mr_nothin

Banned
Pookaki said:
Welcome to playing video games over the internet. It's going to happen every once in a while.
I'm not new to that happening...
I'm just saying how it never happened during the alpha and now it's there in the beta.

Also, clipping still there :(

demolitio

gillFTR said:
Like I said earlier dogfighting is already stupid with all the stinger missiles coming at you.
Are flares automatic? I had a few locks and managed to shake them but I was puzzled that it was even happening since I never get to the round screen and get my unlocks so I thought no one else would have them. I need to play more Metro to unlock shit lol.

MNC

Can someone help me?

Ever since the "update", I can't boot Battlefield. I start BF3 through origin, go through BattleLog, join a server, I see BF3 icon pop up for a second, then goes away. The process starts, then closes. The only thing I did before hand was change my settings in an ini file, and I put those back. I reinstalled BF3 4 times, rebooted my laptop, it still keeps on being stuck.

Any help? :( Someone zip their "My Documents/Battlefield 3 Open Beta" folder? It's like it just can't get through initialization somehow.

n0n44m

man that Recon Radio Spawn Beacon thing is useful

cap flag, put it in a dark corner of a little building

play on for the next flag, die

respawn on the beacon, see how the flag just got stolen, wait for all the enemy tanks to drive away

now walk out, shoot all the remaining enemy troops in the back of the head, recap flag

in Metro it also is a pretty effective way for defenders to spawn behind incoming attackers and wreak havoc

Enkidu

soulassssns said:
why must the caspian servers be password protected???? WHY!!!!!!!
And it appears they just changed the password on the EU servers. I just got kicked out of the game only to see a bunch of servers with 0 players on them.

Ubersnug

For those who are concerned about the 360 version please don't be.

Was on it last night and EA/DICE seemed to have sorted their server issues out. I was no longer getting 'lost connection to EA online' error messages, getting booted from games or even finding it hard to connect to games.

Also, the game seems to run silky smooth now, despite the bugs that are all over the place. I have faith that the mass majority of them will be fixed for the retail version.

Absolutely loving it!

Enkidu said:
And it appears they just changed the password on the EU servers. I just got kicked out of the game only to see a bunch of servers with 0 players on them.

do they post the password or is someone out there cracking it for us lol

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I *FINALLY* managed to get into a 64 player game of Caspian Border.

I have a pretty decent rig, running at max settings/1080p. I snagged lots of screens and several short videos.

It'll take a while to upload on my crappy connection, but would people be interested in some good screens showing of lighting, or some short vids of vehicular action? Kinda new here; any rules against that stuff here on Gaf?

Enkidu

soulassssns said:
do they post the password or is someone out there cracking it for us lol
I believe they post the password to a few selected members of the community for testing, but usually one of them leaks the password to the rest of us.

So, I just played my first match, and so far... so good actually. There were some minor hiccups here and there, but overall I was impressed.

I think GAF is just overreacting with some of the things, but I guess I will come to find that out soon enough once I get more matches in.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Skel1ingt0n said:

I have a pretty decent rig, running at max settings/1080p. I snagged lots of screens and several short videos.

It'll take a while to upload on my crappy connection, but would people be interested in some good screens showing of lighting, or some short vids of vehicular action? Kinda new here; any rules against that stuff here on Gaf?

Hell naw, if anything it's encouraged, share it with your people ;D

Skel1ingt0n said:

how??? how is everyone connecting with the servers password protected?

nomis

Just forked this beast into my PCI-E (replacing an XFX HD 5870), just finished uninstalling Catalyst Control Manager, installing nvidia drivers now...

116qkx5.jpg

My body is ready.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
soulassssns said:
how??? how is everyone connecting with the servers password protected?

People post the passwords but every dayish they change the passwords so gotta wait till the new one gets leaked I've gotten about 9 matches of it in it's worth the wait

Arcipello

Rygar 8 Bit said:
People post the passwords but every dayish they change the passwords so gotta wait till the new one gets leaked I've gotten about 9 matches of it in it's worth the wait

someone for the LOVE OF GAMING pm me the password for Caspian

Soma

mr_nothin said:
UMP 45 + Flash Suppressor + IRNV Scope = :O
I laugh in the face of you bush crawlers as I unload a clip into you unexpectingly
haha wow i never thought to try that against bushmonsters

i'll have to give this a shot next time
Bollocks said:
Where can I find a beta(weapon/gadgets) unlock list, all I find is weapon names but not at which level they become available
if you're able to use Battlelog it'll have all the weapons/equipment and which levels and at how many points they become available.

CozMick

Banned
EA/Dice have made a terrible mistake in my opinion on the choice of map on consoles.

Everyone and there dog will be comparing this game to Call of Duty and the linear designed map and lack of vehicles does nothing to separate it.

Patrick Bateman said:
Beta is up on German PSN marketplace. 1173MB.

14 minutes left... jhirq3ihjfipjerihpjrweijhriphjewihweihj

sweetjesus.jpg
lol, this is my exact reaction, but waiting for my gtx 580 that i bought from smokey.
i really hope it gets delivered in the morning.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Corky said:
Hell naw, if anything it's encouraged, share it with your people ;D

Cool man, thanks! I'm happy to share! I'm on a pretty crappy AT&T DSL line, so my upload is kinda awful. I've got the pics ready to go, but I might not have vids for a while.

Anyway, these are screen grabs using MSI Afterburner. I had received the password from a friend (it changes pretty regularly), and after much trying, finally got in right after Battlelog came back up. I honestly didn't "play" that much; I was more interested in the map's looks, vehicles, and performance. Odd, but I felt my FPS highs were higher than they are on the outdoor sections of Metro, yet the lows on Caspian were lower than Metro. Basically, performance was a bit sporadic. That said, it was entirely playable the entire time.

Specs:

i7 930 @ 3.4
GTX 570 @ 830core/2200mem
12GB DDR3
10K RPM Velociraptor

Running with everything maxed/ultra, 4x AA (32x with Forceware, but doesn't seem to be working), 16x AF, 50% Motion Blur, HBAO on, v-sync off. EDIT: Running at 1920x1080.

Hovered in the 48-58 range, with quite a few drops to the high 30s. Never once dropped below 30fps, except for when recording with FRAPS.

N6ImR.jpg

ybFDp.jpg

llM4n.jpg

tG7vF.jpg

H7XAo.jpg

ZCUCD.jpg

sTeLioSco

Banned
Skel1ingt0n said:
Cool man, thanks! I'm happy to share! I'm on a pretty crappy AT&T DSL line, so my upload is kinda awful. I've got the pics ready to go, but I might not have vids for a while.

Anyway, these are screen grabs using MSI Afterburner. I had received the password from a friend (it changes pretty regularly), and after much trying, finally got in right after Battlelog came back up. I honestly didn't "play" that much; I was more interested in the map's looks, vehicles, and performance. Odd, but I felt my FPS highs were higher than they are on the outdoor sections of Metro, yet the lows on Caspian were lower than Metro. Basically, performance was a bit sporadic. That said, it was entirely playable the entire time.

Specs:

i7 930 @ 3.4
GTX 570 @ 830core/2200mem
12GB DDR3
10K RPM Velociraptor

Running with everything maxed/ultra, 4x AA (32x with Forceware, but doesn't seem to be working), 16x AF, 50% Motion Blur, HBAO on, v-sync off.

Hovered in the 48-58 range, with quite a few drops to the high 30s. Never once dropped below 30fps, except for when recording with FRAPS.

the resolution was 1920x1080?

Top Bottom