• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Conquest on Metro... but where has Caspian gone?!?

edit: nevermind, it wasn't showing up at first. I had to filter by conquest instead of Caspian

Fjordson

Played a handful of matches on 360. It's fun. Game looks fine, animations are probably the best aspect of it visually, and haven't experienced any major glitches yet.

Only issue I have had is that my screen went yellow for a split second after going prone two different times. That was really weird. Other than that, pretty good stuff!

Nekrono

Moaradin said:
There's a lot more Caspian Border servers now. Hopefully public soon!
Are you sure? Because I can't see any, all the ones that come up are Metro :/ ... I even joined a Caspian server I had as favorite but it loaded up Metro with no players.

Edit: You're right, you just have to tick the "Conquest large" option on the filter to see them, I used to click Caspian Border but it doesn't work right now it seems.

Anyone know the current password btw?

Longshot

Nekrono said:
Are you sure? Because I can't see any, all the ones that come up are Metro :/ ... I even joined a Caspian server I had as favorite but it loaded up Metro with no players.

Edit: You're right, you just have to tick the "Conquest large" option on the filter to see them, I used to click Caspian Border but it doesn't work right now it seems.

Anyone know the current password btw?
Current password is apparently videokilledtheradiostar (all in small) according to zh1nt0.

Moaradin said:
If you're gonna tell the password publicly, just release the map to everyone already. 5 servers isn't enough.

Far as I know they are not releasing it publicly yet and who said there is only 5 servers? I was just on and there was about 30.

DarkFlow

Banned
Played ps3 beta for awhile. So far I'm impressed. Aside from a few glitches that should be expected with a beta, the gameplay is great. It's very fun, and glad I pre ordered.

Enkidu

Jarrod4321 said:
When you do it too quickly.
Are you sure that's it? I've never encountered beeping when trying to spot enemies but I do get it if I spot someone on my own team (trying to get a support to drop some ammo for example).

NBtoaster

Lol alt tabbing after a round isn't recommended. When I went back the game messed up and displayed PS3 button icons and crashed:

bf32011-09-2923-37-44-o8r2.png

Ubersnug

Mush said:
But I like spotting :(

No one on consoles does it!

You obviously haven't played with me and my friends then as we spot everyone we see. I'm so used to spotting in the battlefield games now I sometimes find myself pressing the 'back' button to spot enemies in other games.

Mush said:
But I like spotting :(

No one on consoles does it!

You've played with GAF PS3? And people usually spots in PS3 (I don't know how will be in X360, but I suppose it's the same). Personally I like a lot the revamped spotting system and recoil, it's not so broken like BC2, when you could kill someone afar simply aiming for the triangle and using any engineer gun or even a pistol (a few times I took a far away sniper with my MP-443 aiming for his triangle in Islas Inocentes lol).

theskat

Banned
Is the beta out for PS3 yet? I keep getting the "This Content cannot be accessed on your account." message.

BTW, Im in Puerto Rico.

FGMPR

Banned
Gen.Grievous said:
Shoot at orange doritos. That is what it comes down to with this spotting system in place. I thought they would change it. An idle hope.

They've nerfed it from BC2 enough for me to feel satisfied with the system.

Moaradin

soulassssns said:
Far as I know they are not releasing it publicly yet and who said there is only 5 servers? I was just on and there was about 30.

5-10 servers was the max since beta started. They just now added the extra servers during the restart.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They need to make the end of round music louder, it's far too quiet at the moment. Really dislike the animation that plays when you knife someone from behind.

Game seems to have far more bugs than the Alpha did lol.

Enkidu

Moaradin said:
5-10 servers was the max since beta started. They just now added the extra servers during the restart.
No, there were definitely 20+ servers for me a few times. I think there were different amount of servers for EU and US though so that might explain it.

Rainy Dog

FGMPR said:
They've nerfed it from BC2 enough for me to feel satisfied with the system.

Yeah, my feelings too. The triangles are nowhere near as big and easy to fire at, plus it only works when you have a perfectly clear line of sight of the enemy that you've spotted. Anything in the way, even semi-transparent foliage, it doesn't work.

Which reminds me... Anyone know what the loud beeping sound means when you press the spot button but don't actually spot anyone? I suspect it's when there is an enemy directly where you're pointing but they're behind cover...

Binabik15

Bloody hell, in Germany we have to jump through hoops for age verification first? What a stupid country.

The get your beta key link sends me back to the normal beta page, so I guess it´s not up for us yet?

Rainy Dog said:
Which reminds me... Anyone know what the loud beeping sound means when you press the spot button but don't actually spot anyone? I suspect it's when there is an enemy directly where you're pointing but they're behind cover...

It seems to occur if you repeatedly press spot with no one to spot at your crosshair location. I guess there is some kind of cooldown mechanic to prevent you from just spamming Q while checking the horizon and the beep is a cooldown warning sound.

Ubersnug

Gaz Pwnage said:
Just played with the Platoon feature on battle log. Made my platoon and logo. I must say i am impressed, battle log is amazing.

I made up a couple of platoons for separate groups of friends. Really wondering how this feature will be implemented in the console versions?

Ubersnug said:
I made up a couple of platoons for separate groups of friends. Really wondering how this feature will be implemented in the console versions?

Exactly the same, my platoon is for the 360 version . The only thing missing from console stats i'v seen so far is that you cannot get the last game played stats up; the score board etc.

Theres also a battlelog feed in game on the menu thats linked to battle log that shows whos doing what / who got what unlocks of people in the clan etc.

Woo-Fu

Banned
People who complain vociferously about snipers not helping the team, not doing anything about objectives usually got killed their last 3 respawns by an enemy sniper.

They're helping a team, buddy, just not Team You.

I also get a chuckle out of the excessive calls of camper in a game mode that features defenders and guns that can't hit anything unless you're prone/bipodded. Try using a PKM from the hip, enjoy the 0/16 score.

FGMPR

Banned
I gotta say, Battlelog so far has impressed me. With DICE's history of z-grade, slow arsed server browsers it makes a nice change being able to almost instantly F4 or alt-tab and quickly join another server. All the stat and facebook-esq stuff is great too.

CozMick

Banned
I assumed the tearing was only on PS3 (as always :\) but it's still very apparent on 360. :(

What are the odds of this being "tidied up" for release?

Top Bottom