• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Chinner

Banned
yeah as i said do you download this from a webpage or origin (or leading to origin) can you guys be useful i know you're all jizzing yourselves but it would be nice if you stopped bragging about your dl speeds JESUS
nice person said:
Origin > Free games
danke

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Nice, downloaded the game before from a 3rd party website and chucked it into the origins game folder. Hit "Get it now" when it appeared on the store and it instantly started installing. Huzzah!

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Aesthet1c said:
What country is everyone in that is getting it now? Anyone from US? I'm not seeing it under free games...

UK, getting 2.6MB/Sec now... damned nice

pelican

Cardigan said:
not seeing it either and I'm US

Def out now in UK. On the main page.

This is when I regret looking after my parents house for a couple of days. Missing my 24meg adsl2 connection for downloading this baby.

Aesthet1c

I'm in the US, and there is a banner saying the beta is available now, but if I click it, it just takes me to the free games section, where there is nothing..

Baconmonk

Aesthet1c said:
I'm in the US, and there is a banner saying the beta is available now, but if I click it, it just takes me to the free games section, where there is nothing..
Same, must be updating it now, maybe it'll be ok in a few minutes.

Aesthet1c said:

This is the exact problem I am having too! WTF!

Sethos said:
Yeah, the hit registration took a turn for the worse halfway through the alpha and now it's just pure shit, sometimes BC2 levels.

What did you expect? It wasn't that great in the alpha despite what some people tried to claim. And now that there are many more people playing, it will be worse. And it will be even worse at release of course. It's Battlefield after all.

All those bugs are worrying because BC2 beta wasn't nowhere near as buggy, it ran actually pretty fine. And the alpha on PC had fewer bugs than this, no crazy geometry glitches. They haven't even fixed the most obvious alpha glitches, like aiming down the sights not working randomly, still have to switch to another weapon to make it work again.

Didn't expect the game to look/feel this unpolished one month before the release, considering the previous BF betas/demos weren't that buggy. I hope they'll have patched everything by release day but somehow I have the feeling we'll play with stupid bugs for the first 2-3 months...

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Can't join a sever. It says joining and then then "lost connection to server". FFS I had this same problem with BC2. WTF EA.

Izayoi

Banned
datvkbm.png

7 hours in and I'm number 3 in the world for skill on Xbox 360. Aw yeah.

Top Bottom