• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Woo-Fu

Banned
AllIsOneIsNone said:
I said "almost", probably more like 225 to 250...I do have a good arm though. I'm just saying, in COD the grenades feel a lot more useful.

Perhaps that is why every time I've played CoD it has been a grenade spamfest. I'm happy that isn't the case here.

I don't get the hate for Origin. I had no problem setting that up but this stupid Battlelog web browser is horrible. Either I can't figure it out or it isn't working for me. Took me 10 minutes just to figure out how the filter options work. Didn't realize I had to click view servers again.

Mr.Green

Quick note to apologists.

*This is an open beta. There already was a closed beta.
*This "beta" was used as an incentive to pre-order the game.
*Game comes out in less than a month.
*Game is marketed and hyped a few notches above the second coming of Christ.

So while a few bugs here and there are to be expected, you can't really blame people for having high expectations. And some of the bugs - like not being able to configure controls properly - are a little mind boggling at this point.

Woo-Fu said:
Perhaps that is why every time I've played CoD it has been a grenade spamfest. I'm happy that isn't the case here.

True, but we're dealing with much larger and more open battlefields here, plus vehicles play a big role. On top of that, you can't cook the grenades in battlefield.

AllIsOneIsNone said:
I said "almost", probably more like 225 to 250...I do have a good arm though. I'm just saying, in COD the grenades feel a lot more useful.

Edit: the world record for a baseball being thrown in a game is 445 feet, so a football field is not entirely unreasonable. And like I said its a video game, grenades should be useful at a distance, in my opinion.
I hear you; I do hope grenades can be thrown a bit further, but I liked how they were handled in BC2.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I think that's two passwords old now, haha.

videokilledtheradiostar

Still think we shouldn't just be tossing these pw's out. Use the email tag to hide them, so you have to quote the post to display.

Why? Getting into the servers with the password is hard enough, no need to spread it for random lurkers.

Mr.Green said:

*This is an open beta. There already was a closed beta.
*Game comes out in less than a month.

So while a few bugs here and there are to be expected, you can't really blame people for having high expectations. And some of the bugs - like not being able to configure controls properly - are a little mind boggling at this point.

Seriously? You think that's one of the biggest bugs? That's the kinda of thing you KNOWN it's gonna be fixed by retail, it's not even something worth thinking about.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
darkwing said:
people forget BC2 had a horrible beta too, now look at the final product
I'm still not impressed with tons of aspects of BC2 even after a year of patching on PC.

Let's hope they step their game up a bit here and actually fix some of the very serious issues.

raphier

Banned
Mr.Green said:

Oh yeah? I can't even play it at all due origin and battlelog problems. How's that for marketing my future decision?

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Blackface said:
PC beta stuck at connecting and will not connect to a server. Awesome. Also launching from the web is stupid as hell.

EA is fucking sad.
Same. Mine will give the error "Disconnected from server". That is after it does "Connectng", "Initialising" etc. Every single server.

Speculator

BioWare Austin
Blackface said:
PC beta stuck at connecting and will not connect to a server. Awesome. Also launching from the web is stupid as hell.

EA is fucking sad.
Do you have Spybot installed? That was the culprit that stopped me from connecting. Uninstalled it and it worked flawlessly.

Bollocks

moonspeak said:
if you're able to use Battlelog it'll have all the weapons/equipment and which levels and at how many points they become available.
I play on the PS3 and there is the battlefield list but I need to log in and it wouldn accept either my PSN nor EA account, do I really need an Origin account just for this feature?

Aesthet1c

Is there any way to reset your settings from outside the game? I changed it to full screen and I can't get the game to launch from the battle log now. I'm wondering if I switched it back to windowed mode it would work..

Aesthet1c said:
Is there any way to reset your settings from outside the game? I changed it to full screen and I can't get the game to launch from the battle log now. I'm wondering if I switched it back to windowed mode it would work..
Delete My Documents\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\settings folder and it'll reset your settings.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
J-Rzez said:
Hmm, still not up on the NA PSN. This is the one thing that pisses me off about the PSN, that they're so slow. They get this stuff up whenever they get around to it when they feel like it. If I DL the EU beta, it'll hook me up with the EU servers only I take it?

I doubt it. I'm from Asia but I get stuff from US, EU, etc. And it works fine. Can anyone confirm this? I know some people in Asia who downloaded the beta from EU and things are fine with them...at least I think.

Menelaus

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Still think we shouldn't just be tossing these pw's out. Use the email tag to hide them, so you have to quote the post to display.

Why? Getting into the servers with the password is hard enough, no need to spread it for random lurkers.
Just use the Chrome trick, no password required. Passwords are for the weak of heart!

AIHUD.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bollocks said:
I play on the PS3 and there is the battlefield list but I need to log in and it wouldn accept either my PSN nor EA account, do I really need an Origin account just for this feature?
It should just accept your EA account. All EA accounts were converted to Origin accounts. I'm also on PS3 and was just browsing my Battlelog stats.

MNC

Naxx said:
How long does it to join a server....I have been waiting for 15mins now, and it still saying Joining server. It opened something the first few secs but closed it (i thought I saw Lauching in the name), but nothing happend.

Anyone know if it's my laptop or because of all the people trying.

PS, it's still "Joining Server".
THIS I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

Mr.Green

Metalmurphy said:
Seriously? You think that's one of the biggest bugs? That's the kinda of thing you KNOWN it's gonna be fixed by retail, it's not even something worth thinking about.

Yeah seriously. I'm not even going to bother playing until I can use the keys and mouse buttons I'm used to, so I have no idea how bad the other bugs are. :)

If I really wanted to I'd work around that problem but to be honest with the ratio of games to play versus the gaming time I have, I'm not gonna bother until they fix it.

I'm not really complaining either, my point was simply that as soon as you start using a beta as a pre-order bonus, it's not unreasonable for gamers to expect more polish.

Woo-Fu

Banned
AllIsOneIsNone said:
True, but we're dealing with much larger and more open battlefields here, plus vehicles play a big role. On top of that, you can't cook the grenades in battlefield.

I suggest using a mortar or RPG instead of a hand grenade on those larger, more open battlefields.

Cooking would be ok but I think giving players the time to run away from a grenade---if they react quickly---is a good gameplay feature. If you need instant det, use C4. :p

Mr. Snrub said:

Eh, I disagree. People should get the chance to play it IMO.

It's not something that's GAF specific and as such should only be enjoyed by the people who have got accounts. Everyone has a right to try and get in I think.

Yeah, it will fill up faster, but that's DICE's fault. I think we shouldn't be selfish with it.

cripterion

Playing on jp servers, this game is good. Definitely getting this instead of Red Orchestra.

Playing at 1080P on a 6870, decent performance so far.

Baconmonk

Menelaus said:
Chrome trick has already been posted in this thread. If you're hardcore, your search begins now!

The hardcore are playing Metro and enjoying it anyway!

But seriously I'm searching now.

DarkFlow

Banned
AllIsOneIsNone said:

Edit: the world record for a baseball being thrown in a game is 445 feet, so a football field is not entirely unreasonable. And like I said its a video game, grenades should be useful at a distance, in my opinion.

Yeah right dude, have you ever held a grenade? It's a dense little heavy thing. your not throwing it that far. When I was in basic and we did grenade training most people where chucking it around 50 to 75 feet at most. It's not like throwing a ball.

Top Bottom