• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Nekrono

I just got the UMP-45.... HOLY SHIT! it's unbelievably good!

What exactly does the T-UGS do? How can you use it effectively?

From the description it's supposed to sound when someone is close so I guess it's useful for recons to plant it close to them so then know when someone is close? I planted it where the enemy was and moved far away to set up a sniping position but I couldn't hear the warning so I guess you have to be close by.

Also we should start setting up some GAF games, I see a lot of people on :p.

DSN2K

WTF

ea011b79dba997266a97d920ca958894d3ca7f13.jpg

So it says my account is not allowed to log into the open beta. What does that mean? I presume OPEN means that I do not need to pre-order anything..

Been playing on my PC but I wanted to try the PS3 version out so I goto the store and try and download and it says "this content cannot be access by your account." Whats up with that?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Having some troubles with the EA site..I'm not one to bitch about this sort of stuff but i just want the beta :(

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Just played about 2-3 lives of BF3. Feels different from BC2 to be honest. I am digging it. I like those "Stopped Killstreak" bonus points. Gives points but doesn't unbalance the game at all...because they're just points. :)

I do hate that almost everyone already is at level 5 or higher though.

I fucking love that Caspian Border brings out that good ol' BF2 "I don't give a fuck about my K/D" feeling in everyone (well, most people). Not sure why, but I'm a little more aware of my individual performance in Rush, but in Conquest, that shit is the very last thing on my mind.

derFeef

"You can't download this game from 06:00 to 23:00 because of the german child and kid protection law" (roughly translated. I AM NOT FROM GERMANY), I am Austrian!

Any way to fix this?! This is so rdiculous. From not getting the early access to now this nonsense.

Battlefield 3 beta on console = unpolished piece of shit. Jaggies all over the place, screen tearing and the gameplay feels not tight enough. I will only play this game on PC (when i get the chance).

The smooth 60fps gameplay of Modern Warfare 3 will crush BF3 like a TANK RIDING OVER A RC CAR...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Question: is this in-browser shit the way the final game is going to work for playing matches?

Menelaus

Banned
EatChildren said:
Question: is this in-browser shit the way the final game is going to work for playing matches?
yes

edit: the one redeeming feature is you can see how far away you are from the next unlocks pretty easily.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thanks guys. I shall continue to keep my pre-ordering postponed, unless the beta really impresses.

Eric WK

GANGSTERKILLER said:
Battlefield 3 beta on console = unpolished piece of shit. Jaggies all over the place, screen tearing and the gameplay feels not tight enough. I will only play this game on PC (when i get the chance).

bu-bu-bu-it's a beta, dummy!

GANGSTERKILLER said:

The ps3 version has a lot of lag. I've also seen weird glitches like a guy running with his legs spazzing out underneath him.

belvedere

Junior Butler
GANGSTERKILLER said:

Too many mixed opinions for this to be true. Many people are saying it runs, plays and looks just fine.

Oh yeah, it's a beta client too. Quick FYI right there.

So I downloaded the beta then when i run it it takes me to the beta website where after putting in my account name and password it says my account is not allowed to logon... anyone else have this.

belvedere said:
Too many mixed opinions for this to be true. Many people are saying it runs, plays and looks just fine.

Yeah, the polarized console impressions are very interesting, if not confusing. Still think it was a bad idea to release it on consoles in this state. I'm hearing a lot more "convinced me not to buy" than I am the opposite.

EatChildren

Menelaus said:
Have you played Caspian? Because it blew my pants off!

Not yet. That might be the straw that breaks the camel's back :p. End of the day though there's a ton of games coming out at the end of the year that I want, and I'm already budgeting due to moving house. I love Battlefield, but I don't play on PC to jump through hoops. I know it's beta, but this is just terrible and I'm not interested in using it.

Bollocks

So, I got early access on the PS3 and I now fixed my origin account(changed password lol), I'm not a PC gamer but when I download the Origin client and log in with my origin account would I be able to play the beta on the PC?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
belvedere said:

Some people have lower standards than others.

Jburton

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
The ps3 version has a lot of lag. I've also seen weird glitches like a guy running with his legs spazzing out underneath him.

Very little lag for myself.

The odd bit but nothing to get annoyed at so far.

Binabik15

derFeef said:
"You can't download this game from 06:00 to 23:00 because of the german child and kid protection law" (roughly translated. I AM NOT FROM GERMANY), I am Austrian!

Any way to fix this?! This is so rdiculous. From not getting the early access to now this nonsense.

Heh, sucks, eh?

I´m German so I actually could like those fuckers on facebook (wtf, FUCK YOU EA), get to the age verification screen and then it didn´t stop crashing/server was unable to handle all the request.

Not really EA´s fault that we have those facist laws in place I didn´t even know about until today, but EA handles this like shit. Really, another ploy to get those stupid facebook likes?

I pre-ordered two copies of your damn game, now let me into the damn beta.

gl0w

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

Well, the PS3 version is really bugged, but, the good thing is i didn't notice any lag during the 4hours+ that i have played so far.

Someone mention somewhere that this is a very old build, and most of the issues were already resolved. hopefully!!!!!!!

Cruzader

Banned
Bollocks said:
So, I got early access on the PS3 and I now fixed my origin account(changed password lol), I'm not a PC gamer but when I download the Origin client and log in with my origin account would I be able to play the beta on the PC?
Why would it matter if it's open to all today?

Sounds like there'll be a beta update tomorrow (at least on PC). Supposedly fixes geometry stuff and an issue where players would get stuck on joining games via Battlelog. Hopefully that's not it.

Source

hyduK

Banned
So, I have to wait till next week to build my PC...figured I'd give the 360 version a go. This game looks...well it doesn't look good.

Holy hell.... My first PC fps and I am absolutely terrible. Maybe I need to switch back to consoles? I use the gamepad for all PC games I've played since I built my rig (Mirrors Edge, Deus Ex, Just Cause 2) Using the gamepad on this game is suicide, but using M/KB is just so impossible for me... Any tips?

Top Bottom