• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

zychi

Banned
Eric WK said:
Can you/someone copy and paste for those at work?
Eurogamer has discovered what is on each of the two Xbox 360 Battlefield 3 DVD discs.

"Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360 ships on two discs with endless hours of spectacular high-definition gameplay," EA told us this afternoon.

"Disc one features the stunning multiplayer, co-op levels and HD installation content.

"Disc two features the superb single-player campaign."

The PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will come on one, larger capacity, Blu-ray disc.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Eh, I disagree. People should get the chance to play it IMO.

It's not something that's GAF specific and as such should only be enjoyed by the people who have got accounts. Everyone has a right to try and get in I think.

Yeah, it will fill up faster, but that's DICE's fault. I think we shouldn't be selfish with it.

That's true on a wide scale, but for our community, it's not selfish. GAF is an inherently "exclusive" forum, so I have no problem wanting to help out gaffers over lurkers/anon's.

Coldsnap

durrrrr good job EA, playing with a controller on PC the spot button is also assigned to the button to see how the teams are doing.

pelican

Coldsnap said:
durrrrr good job EA, playing with a controller on PC the spot button is also assigned to the button to see how the teams are doing.

I don't mean to be rude but why on earth would you play the PC version on line with a controller?

Menelaus

Banned
Coldsnap said:
always been that way on Xbox. just a difference between quick press and long press.

Pete Rock

Coldsnap said:
This is how it was in BC2, click to spot, hold to see scoreboard. Does the board pop whenever it's clicked, even for a short period? That would be a problem. /edit beaten

Eric WK

dogmanstaruk said:
I don't mean to be rude but why on earth would you play the PC version on line with a controller?

Because it's comfortable. I led my team using a controller on PC yesterday, but have since switched back to KB/M because the no aim assist makes it very, very tough.

zychi said:

Thanks!

Menelaus

Banned
sk3tch said:
Thanks...what file? PROF_SAVE_body? What setting? "FOV" search reveals nothing. My meta.xml is essentially empty.
yeah, body. just look for like the 3rd line. you'll see .7000000 or something, which equals "70" on the FOV setting.

Blackface

Banned
Game runs above 60 FPS on beta settings (medium) with a 2500k 4gb of ram and a 6850.

Really fun, but it doesn't have the battlefield "feel" It has a bad company feel. Hopefully at launch with bigger maps, planes and other modes it will.

Overall it's good.

Anyone got a non-torrent link for the PC beta? A friend's Origin is completely shitting itself due to high demand and he'd like to be able to start the download in the mean time.

Coldsnap

dogmanstaruk said:

It's a health preference. I have healthy hands / wrists and I intend to keep it that way, I mostly avoid PC games because of keyboard and mouse.

Moaradin

Blackface said:
Game runs above 60 FPS on beta settings (medium) with a 2500k 4gb of ram and a 6850.

Really fun, but it doesn't have the battlefield "feel" It has a bad company feel. Hopefully at launch with bigger maps, planes and other modes it will.

Overall it's good.

Man I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't played caspian border yet

FGMPR

Banned
Menelaus said:
Just use the Chrome trick, no password required. Passwords are for the weak of heart!

AIHUD.png

Wait... how?!?

Pete Rock

Coldsnap said:
It's a health preference. I have healthy hands / wrists and I intend to keep it that way, I mostly avoid PC games because of keyboard and mouse.
You can get RSI from most activities, as exhibited by the "claw" most gamepad users acquire after a few hours with their sweaty mits on the plastic. If it's a serious problem for you I suggest better posture and a gyrosopic exercise tool to alleviate strain through non impact resistance training.

Mr.Green

Coldsnap said:
Fair enough.

Competition is going to be brutal, though.

I've been gaming almost exclusively on PC for the past few months because I'm a shallow graphics whore but I'm pretty partial to the 360 controller myself. I'm so freaking ready for a new round of consoles.

sk3tch

Is anyone able to get into a game on PC in the U.S.? I usually have like 10-15 people in on my friends list and now there's just one. So my guess is there are growing pains with the open beta but just checking...

BadTaste105 said:
Is the PC download really 3.9 GB? It's only 1.3 GB or something on consoles :S

Download limit fml.

It's got Caspian included and all the code associated with essentially every vehicle in the game.

Eric WK said:
Can you/someone copy and paste for those at work?

Heres the article is from sept 13
Eurogamer said:
Eurogamer has discovered what is on each of the two Xbox 360 Battlefield 3 DVD discs.

"Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360 ships on two discs with endless hours of spectacular high-definition gameplay," EA told us this afternoon.

"Disc one features the stunning multiplayer, co-op levels and HD installation content.

"Disc two features the superb single-player campaign."

The PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will come on one, larger capacity, Blu-ray disc.

Gvaz

Banned
dogmanstaruk said:
If you play a pc fps with a controller you're a hindrance unless the game has aim assist things. And if you're playing a pc fps with aim assist you're doing it wrong.

deal-with-it.jpg

Baconmonk

Looks like everyone is getting kicked from Caspian. Quite a few servers are showing up in the list with open spots, and I'm getting kicked pretty early into a match.

Top Bottom