• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Eric WK

Shurs said:
Tried playing the 360 beta tonight.

It won't connect to the EA servers.

I tried a few times, a few hours apart.

Anyone else having this problem?

Everyone. Keep pressing A and you should eventually get in (anywhere from two to three tries to thirty or so).

raphier

Banned
One problem I have is that origin has ingame browser too, you see. Two browsers running is kinda overkill.

And jeeshush, cant I meddle with graphics without dying, please?

Emily Chu

Banned
Gvaz said:
Maybe it is a "knee jerk" to some, but I don't like a web browser being related to a game at all.

Regardless of me always having firefox or whatever open, regardless of Dice not knowing how to make a in-game menu, browsers aren't meant for videogames, period. The two should be independent.

meh people play facebook games...

idk I guess it's personal opinion but I want the speed of a website without loading any actually BS when starting a game.

you can't beat loading a webpage vs loading an actual Game... in terms of speed

and I bet with a couple of patches you can even adjust in game settings online such as weapons, classes, options, graphical settings so on and so forth theres so many possibilities that lie in Battlelog

most important it's FAST

at first I was like this is bootleg... click start on beta loads up FF? wtf ? ooooh I get it its FAST

Chanser

I don't know how, they managed to make Metro even more buggier than the alpha version. A crater leads you into a black hole and the ground feels like it's moving.

sk3tch

xIvSlowDeath420 said:
How is everyone checking out there fps,i can't seem to get fraps to work with BF3.

Fraps works great for me. Version 3.4.6 on Win 7 x64 with the latest Nvidia BF3 beta drivers...

TeegsD

So anyone else not able to connect to the game on 360. Trying to play with friends back home and we just can't connect online. But my friend can and is playing games.

Emily Chu said:
meh people play facebook games...

idk I guess it's personal opinion but I want the speed of a website without loading any actually BS when starting a game.

you can't beat loading a webpage vs loading an actual Game... in terms of speed

and I bet with a couple of patches you can even adjust in game settings online such as weapons, classes, options, graphical settings so on and so forth theres so many possibilities that lie in Battlelog

most important it's FAST

at first I was like this is bootleg... click start on beta loads up FF? wtf ? ooooh I get it its FAST

You seem to be under the impression that the game loads fast because its being started through a webpage... It's just a regular game. The game isnt taking place on a webpage in your browser. The maps would load just as fast if the server browser were inside the game.

Also, would it kill Dice/EA to just once give us a plain old "refresh server list" button?

Fjordson

Shurs said:
Tried playing the 360 beta tonight.

It won't connect to the EA servers.

I tried a few times, a few hours apart.

Anyone else having this problem?
Yeah, it's making me a sad panda. Incessantly pressing A on multiplayer on the main menu got me into a match a few times earlier, but it's a bit of a crapshoot.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I H8 Memes said:
You seem to be under the impression that the game loads fast because its being started through a webpage... It's just a regular game. The game isnt taking place on a webpage in your browser. The maps would load just as fast if the server browser were inside the game.

Also, would it kill Dice/EA to just once give us a plain old "refresh server list" button?
I actually don't think it loads all that fast. It just feels that way because you get to surf the net while it's loading instead of looking at a loading bar slowly fill up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yeah, you die way too fast. It's going to get even worse once everyone unlocks all the bullshit gun attachments and heavy bullets.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Rygar 8 Bit said:
just open chrome and do this

ctrl + shift + J

then copy and paste this and hit enter: launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }

itll bypass the password and you can just keep hitting enter over and over till you get in

quoting myself for main justice

Angry Fork

AllIsOneIsNone said:
Then why does a password box appear when I go to a Caspian server?
Rygar 8 Bit said:
just open chrome and do this

ctrl + shift + J

then copy and paste this and hit enter: launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }

itll bypass the password and you can just keep hitting enter over and over till you get in

ninja edit - beaten

alr1ghtstart said:
yeah, you die way too fast. It's going to get even worse once everyone unlocks all the bullshit gun attachments and heavy bullets.
I think so too. I've been enjoying the game a lot but damage needs to be nerfed imo.

The beta even with it's bugs it's so fun, Metro is not that bad, but I can see it getting pretty boring after some matches.

We need Caspian open and with hundreds of servers.

I like the damage, people plays way more carefully and creates some nice shootings.

sk3tch

I H8 Memes said:

I think that's the point. You aren't full-screened in some game. You're free to use your PC while you get your game configured. When it's FULLY setup - click, click, BOOM. I don't understand why everyone is so anti.

vaelic

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
Caspian looks a lot better than the the shitty map Metro...

How is the destruction? Is it at least the same as bfbc2? Because seriously the destruction was a huge reason I loved that game...
apparently better but reduced in BETA

Gvaz

Banned
sk3tch said:
I think that's the point. You aren't full-screened in some game. You're free to use your PC while you get your game configured. When it's FULLY setup - click, click, BOOM. I don't understand why everyone is so anti.
I don't see how this changes anything because I do this in most games anyways??

Spl1nter

I H8 Memes said:

The game loads faster because it is not loading any menus. The game even exits faster because of it.

G_Berry

Banned
VGChampion said:
Yeah, I was playing almost entirely maxed out and then switched to the 360 to play with a friend... horrible. I did enjoy playing it on the system but it looks so much worse it's insane. It must really suck for those who watch all these gameplay trailers DICE has been releasing the past year and come to find this is what it looks like.

I could deal with the poor graphics but man, it runs so bad. It was giving me a headache ffs.

just got inside caspian.
omg at this game.
bird_in_awe.gif

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
sk3tch said:

For me it just does not feel right... reminds me of web based games and frankly to me it makes the game feel halfassed and cheap. Almost feel like i'm renting the game and not owning it...

sk3tch

Gvaz said:
I don't see how this changes anything because I do this in most games anyways??

Fine. If you think alt-tabbing between running full-screen programs is easier than launching a fully configured game from a web browser - then I guess I can see your hatred of Battlelog.

DarkoMaledictus said:
For me it just does not feel right... reminds me of web based games and frankly to me it makes the game feel halfassed and cheap. Almost feel like i'm renting the game and not owning it...

Your feeling is right...you pretty much don't own it with digital distribution + Origin. EA can take it away at any time! MUhahahahah!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Why does everyone hate Metro? I just had one the most intense fire fights in the subway ive ever expereince in a game :O

Doc Holliday said:
Why does everyone hate Metro? I just had one the most intense fire fights in the subway ive ever expereince in a game :O

I seriously think it's the best section of the map, very cool and intense fire fights.

Relaxed Muscle said:
The beta even with it's bugs it's so fun, Metro is not that bad, but I can see it getting pretty boring after some matches.

We need Caspian open and with hundreds of servers.

I like the damage, people plays way more carefully and creates some nice shootings.

You mean people camp more & creates more sniper shooting.

Shai-Tan

Banned
sk3tch said:

for me it's the fact that the server browser isn't as responsive as a good in game server browser, requires me to load the web browser in administrator to even get pings and the lack of proper menus and other stuff inside the game means you have to exit to properly see progress. I can see the advantages for them (less client patches) and also the advantages for the user (can check out where friends are playing or compare stats without loading the game) but I don't think what they have built there is even close to ideal

djm

Doc Holliday said:
I believe the negativity is coming from a lot of people thinking DICE should have used Caspian Border as the default beta map, because it showcases the true Battlefield experience much better.

Based on the Youtube videos I've seen of it, I have to agree.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Doc Holliday said:
The subway in surround sound is on a level with some of the top 10 movie shoot-outs. But the round is pretty much over by that point.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
just played the 360 beta. looks horrible. no wounder we haven't seen any console footage until just now.

Bob White

Doc Holliday said:

It's the park part most people hate. Near impossible sometimes for the offense, boring, bush crawling, quick sand floor bullshit THAT so happens to keep you from playing the awesome subway and city parts. Long story short, games end in the park part way too often.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Relaxed Muscle said:
And there's when scope reflections came into play, yeah I agree there's more tendency for camping, but prone is the principal cause.
The cause is linear level design. Camping doesn't work when you can get flanked.

maybe I missed this but is there no way to turn off voice chat? or at least mute someone? Some insanely nasty mouth breathers on PSN tonight....

Bob White said:
It's the park part most people hate. Near impossible sometimes for the offense, boring, bush crawling, quick sand floor bullshit THAT so happens to keep you from playing the awesome subway and city parts. Long story short, games end in the park part way too often.

Definetly agree park is pretty bad, it's camp fest, because basically the whole section it's made for camping, cover, cover eberywhere.

SapientWolf said:
The cause is linear level design. Camping doesn't work when you can get flanked.

Park section is the most wide one and it's still camp fest, actually subway it's easier to go by if you're with a good team.

Top Bottom