• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Angry Fork

kitch9 said:
I take my time, and I press for my objective. The bushes are a valid tactic and they are there,,,,, shhh, don't tell anyone by the way, as its a secret, are you ready?
TO USE AS COVER so the attackers have a way to the objective without running around in the open like bellends only to die in a hail of bullets.
I don't have a problem with them being used as cover, but any more than 30 sec in one spot and it's cheap. 30 sec is a long time you should be able to take out whoever's near you by then and move on but there's people that spend entire rounds in one little random corner nook and cranny spot as long as they know people go by them. Fuck that.

fanboi

Banned
Angry Fork said:
How is it my fault that I died if some loser hiding in bushes so people can't see him kills me? This doesn't make any sense. How am I going to get to a point without running in the open? Should I fly and then drop down on it? Or dig a hole underground then dig up into the point?

Sounds like you camp and get mad when people call you out on it because you know deep down you're a bad/cheap player who'd do anything to keep his uber-impressive k/d ratio.

I so disagree with this post.

Game is about winning.

Winning is achived in various different ways.

Caspian border as an example have controll points which you ned to controll to win.

=

JUST GET THE CONTROLL POINTS AND KEEP TO WHATEVER COST.

and

DONT RUN AWAY ALONE AGAINST A CP THEN YOU WILL DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH

jonremedy

Angry Fork said:
I don't have a problem with them being used as cover, but any more than 30 sec in one spot and it's cheap. 30 sec is a long time you should be able to take out whoever's near you by then and move on but there's people that spend entire rounds in one little random corner nook and cranny spot as long as they know people go by them. Fuck that.

If some guy is camping in the same spot and kills me twice, I hunt that motherfucker down. It's all in the game, yo, it's all in the game.

Wanchan

Sorry if it's a stupid question and was already answered but, is there a way to switch squad or pick a precise squad? I'm trying to play with a friend but we can't seems to be able to join the same squad...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
dogmanstaruk said:
Way to exaggerate. It is a beta.
A beta meant to test network infrastructure, not basic alpha level bugs.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
MikeE21286 said:
Some dude that just killed is already level 19....... This is why I'm not great at multiplayer shooters

I'm @ level 30 on the PS3 Beta (site needs to update)

nlsnzp.jpg

f3x76h.jpg

You get crazy points if you know how to play BF, it's not COD, don't play it like COD

Flanking is key if Attacker/Defender, don't keep going same route to get muzzled down

When Defender, Your first and only job is to OBLITERATE as much cover as fucking possible @ the crates
Remove those stacks of bricks, the metal shieldings, lower those concrete slabs, and destroy any lower fence/brick oriented structures that might hinder your team mates from getting kills

As so as I spawn, I destroy every wall asap with my RPG, if ammo refill great, if not get kills, die, repeat process
I make both A & B swiss cheese, you wont believe how much this hinders the Attackers

The MCOMs are out in the open, free kills ready to be achieved due to this planning

As Attacker, if you turtle up = you lose

You have to Rush, push forward ASAP, the faster you move up, the less area Defenders get to set-up
I rush ASAP to a MCOM, rest for a few sec, squad spawns on me, BAM go to work

Using different guns gives you certain ribbons that you can cheat with more points
UMP 45 gives you the PDW ribbon, I remember I got 10+ ribbons (2,000 points) for getting 40 kills with
Get your ribbon counts 30+ or 50+ gets you medal which = 30,000 points, also get your gun stars up nets you 5,000 points per star

kitch9

Banned
Angry Fork said:

So you die twice by a guy who's in the same spot each time and its the games fault and not yours?

This gets better.

Firstly, if you shoot in the guys general direction you will suppress his vision so it becomes blurred and hard to aim. Use this if you feel someone is not moving, but its really not hard to flush out guys in the same spot, it really isn't.

Secondly, people have fucking no idea what camping really is and its now just used as a general term for getting killed by whining girls.

There were games many years ago that were made before people had invented "camping" where you could sit in one spot and there was no way for anybody to kill you but head on as you were protected all round; you could sit there without moving and just kill until you ran out of ammo. There was the odd game where you had this advantage over-looking the only spawn point, imagine that! No such issue exists in modern games so for fucks sake STFU about camping. I'll say it again camping does not exist anymore....... Suck it up.

Suairyu

Banned
"Camping" is the word bad players use to describe snipers doing their job. Of course a sniper is going to hide in q defendable and covered position and take out enemy troops heading their way. That's what snipers do.

rdrr gnr

Ugh. Today was actually a good day of playing. The connections were solid, the player count was less than max and it was great (except for base 1, that will always be awful).

Prone is still the worst addition ever.

kitch9

Banned
MuseManMike said:
Ugh. Today was actually a good day of playing. The connections were solid, the player count was less than max and it was great (except for base 1, that will always be awful).

Prone is still the BEST addition ever.

Fixed that for you there my man. You can't dolphin dive anymore in Battlefield, that would have REALLY pissed you off.

Island

Is there a quick way to rejoin a server if you got dropped?

I click connect and it says I've already joined the server.

EDIT: Nevermind had to give it a sec.

DOUBLE EDIT: Now it says server not found smh

GraveRobberX

It's really hard to camp in Battlefield, yes you might killed by the same guy a couple of times, but you need to learn how to get behind him

There's no better feeling after you get sniped, spawn on near your squad buddies, hopefully flanking position, run to vicinity, sometimes background helps giveaway sniper location, run behind him, pull out knife, stabby/dog tag GET!

He won't be there anymore

Angry Fork said:
At least the headless chickens rely on twitch aiming and accuracy to do good.

Campers rely on whether their eyes work or not. That's all they have to do, just sit and wait. When someone runs by shoot, rinse and repeat. That shit is lame sorry, especially if they pick an annoying corner spot behind a bunch of rocks/bushes so nobody can see them + other people's weapons don't do much damage because they can crawl back behind the rocks for protection.

I'm not a headless chicken by any means but I can't sit in one spot for half the round that I know people pass by and feel good about myself after that. It's the cheapest "tactic" ever next to noob tubes/rocket launchers.

On defense, I'd want part of my team literally camping the objective with the others on the front. "Camping" is a legit tactic in any game with defenders.

supersaw

This battlelog thing needs to poll the player numbers properly.

Ooh 30/32 I'll join this one.. "This Server is Full"

Also Origin + Browser + Browser Plugin = Convoluted shit

There is no reason for Origin to exist in this equation logging into Battlelog should be enough of an authentication.

The browser is so dumb. First off if you get disconnected and you're in a party, you have to completely close the browser and reopen to get back into that party. It ghosts the same party and thinks you're still in it, just won't let you join the games with them. No prompt pops up.

you can't change the controls and options from there.

Multiple times I had to reopen the browser to get it to join games because it would be stuck on saying that it's trying to match make. Only after restarting the browser does it work.

In party mode it would say that your battlefield game is out of date.

I shouldn't have to be joined to a server and alive in order to change my graphic and key settings.

Amagon

Few comments here:

Knife play is so fucking slow. I hate it. Same thing with switching weapons. (Can't remember if it was like this in Bad Company 2)

Hate Hate Hate not being able to cook the grenades.

A poster mention earlier about fire battles in the subway with surround is awesome. I concur!

Is there a button to hit to use to spot enemies for the PS3?

Other than that, game is great!!!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I cannot launch the game, the browser won't take me to the battlelog, any ideas?

godhandiscen said:
I cannot launch the game, the browser won't take me to the battlelog, any ideas?

They're updating Battlelog AND the servers!

We have distributed a server side update with the following changes:

- Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB
- Preround is fully activated: 8 players required to transition from preround to in-game; when 8 players are reached, the start-timer is set to 10 seconds
- Fixes for the most common game server crashes reported over the past 48 hours
- Fixes for end-of-round progress reporting to Battlelog (so players will see their progress more detailed on Battlelog)

The RSPs have been instructed to deploy before Fri Sep 30th, 0800 UTC (when it impacts players the least).

Praise the lord.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
"Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB"

Whaa?

Sounds like they don't have a fix.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
lol, we've got a fix but we aren't going to mass test it. Sounds like a typical DICE move.

Veins said:
"Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB"

Whaa?

Sounds like they don't have a fix.

"We have a proper fix for this in the retail game"

Sounds like you need to bone up on your reading comprehesion.

Piggus

My framerate never drops below 45 and yet the game feels like it's running at 25 fps in the first outdoor area. Problem with Crossfire? Drivers? I get a BSOD when I try to install the new ATI preview drivers. :/

Crysis feels buttery smooth at 45 fps but this feels extremely sluggish.

Can someone be a doll and PM me the Caspian password?

Or is it still.... Kmart related?

edit: looks like they were disabled

edit 2: nvm there's 10 and the same pass works

thanks nabs!

GraveRobberX

Looks like the PS3 BF3 servers are down

So everyone is getting updated at the same time?

Lets see how BF3 performs after this

Island

This is getting tiring.... I keep unlocking stuff... but the server goes down, and I dont get to play with my new toys.

Top Bottom