• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Atruvius

I love M249, especially with the bigger climp and the ammo perk. 200 bullets in one clip! Just go lay down near some bottle neck and start shooting, XP GALORE!

Yes, I'm a camper but only when defending!

kitch9

Banned
kurisub306 said:
same here, the last 5 games I played I got kicked…I stole someone else' kit and was pretty envious of the guns and scopes he had. I'm stuck with the default weapons until I can finish a damn game.

Caspian Border servers reset at end of round, kicking everybody.

gl0w

Noisepurge said:
it's a glitchy butt-ugly mess with hideous framerate issues. But you should definately download it and join us! :D http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2826550451864093185/

It CAN be a lot of fun and the firefights do get intense, give it a whirl but i wouldn't judge the final product based on this beta-demo...

Application sent for that platoon, accept me when you get a chance.

psnid gl0wvalter
i will start to add you later today on PSN

Binabik15

17 deaths and 3 kills in 14 minutes...yay. Only one rifle kill, the other two came from the first grenande I threw, apparently killing two arming attackers. Playing on someone else´s pc sucks. People killing me within a split second sucks even more.

Left the game to change graphics, there really is an annoying effect going on with crossfire. Now I can´t find another server that isn´t full, great.

Rezbit

blahblah...blah said:
So, zh1nto just posted saying Caspian testing has concluded and all the servers are to be removed. Is he taking the piss?!

If this is true that is very disappointing, but I can't even see any Caspian servers at the moment. I never got a chance to play!

Arucardo

blahblah...blah said:
So, zh1nto just posted saying Caspian testing has concluded and all the servers are to be removed. Is he taking the piss?!
Good thing I got to play a few rounds last night. Didn't fly any planes tho :( .

Derrick01

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
I'm not a KDR guy, but this shit be ridiculous

I was one-shotting the Attackers left and right

I mean yes up close shotty should be 1 and done, but I was medium range, like 6 prone lengths away from them and still killing them

Shotgun kills give the best animations though when you kill someone

If they are running (you can tell they have sprint perk on) and you blast them maybe an inch away from you, either they do a cartwheel/barrel roll away from you, or they are running so fast that your shot kills them and they phase through your body and come to a complete stop

So it's still no different from BC2 then? You can basically 1 shot snipe people with shotguns in that game and it's completely awful and ridiculous.

PatzCU

blahblah...blah said:

So lame! The ONE time I made it into a Caspian server, my BF3 beta experience was magnified 100x. Honestly, I was starting to get a little buyer's guilt of my GTX 570 playing only Metro for the past 3 days (which of course, melted away on Caspian). Metro is not at all indicative of a BF game, and I think it's going to end up turning off a lot of console gamers. What are they smoking over there in Sweden?

bluehat9

Finally got around to playing some ps3 games last night. Already bored with metro. Every beta/demo released in the future needs at least 2 maps or 2 different modes to play. Also don't like how the unlocks work (unlocking for either side individually). I thought the graphics were good and only had 'fall through the map' problems in one game (that I had to quit because it was like I was spawning in a hole I couldn't get out of no matter where I did). Still don't think its going to pull me from CoD...sucks I didn't get to try conquest or a better map though.

How do you issue commands as squad leader? I was getting points for following orders, but then I became leader and couldn't figure out how to point to a location to go to.

edit: and is there any way to mess with loadouts before joining a game?

So not only they aren't it making public they're removing it....niiiiiiiceeeeee

I can't barely had one full match, between disconnections and all....

DICE master trolls....

GuessWho

oh lord, this origin BS is ridiculous. I hope it's just because it's in beta but it's a pain in the ass to join a game. It worked once in the last hour, and when it worked it crashed to desktop. hmm...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Binabik15 said:
17 deaths and 3 kills in 14 minutes...yay. Only one rifle kill, the other two came from the first grenande I threw, apparently killing two arming attackers. Playing on someone else´s pc sucks. People killing me within a split second sucks even more.

Left the game to change graphics, there really is an annoying effect going on with crossfire. Now I can´t find another server that isn´t full, great.
I wouldn't bother using the assault rifles on a map like Metro, I find the SMGs to be much better.

desu

blahblah...blah said:

Most horrible CM I've seen seen in a while :D.

bluehat9 said:
Finally got around to playing some ps3 games last night. Already bored with metro. Every beta/demo released in the future needs at least 2 maps or 2 different modes to play. Also don't like how the unlocks work (unlocking for either side individually). I thought the graphics were good and only had 'fall through the map' problems in one game (that I had to quit because it was like I was spawning in a hole I couldn't get out of no matter where I did). Still don't think its going to pull me from CoD...sucks I didn't get to try conquest or a better map though.

How do you issue commands as squad leader? I was getting points for following orders, but then I became leader and couldn't figure out how to point to a location to go to.

edit: and is there any way to mess with loadouts before joining a game?

I think it's like BC2, using the spot button.

Derrick01

Banned
Noisepurge said:
you must learn to love it! :D

Nah I hate how overpowered they are in seemingly every shooter nowadays. It sucks trying to play BC2 and seeing 3/4 of the enemies using saigas or the auto shotgun because they're so unbalanced.

Derrick01 said:
So it's still no different from BC2 then? You can basically 1 shot snipe people with shotguns in that game and it's completely awful and ridiculous.

Graverobber exaggerates, the shotty effective range is at a maximum about 15-20 foot, beyond that it takes 2 or more shots.

Its NOT the magnum ammo sniping bullshit of BC2. It feels fair and its primarily used in the subway tunnel first MCOM set because its really all about CQB.

JoeMartin said:
P sure you can put a silencer on quite literally every gun now.

I would think the caliber and high RPM would make it break quickly and be generally useless. Why would you want to suppress a machinegun? It kind of defeats the purpose of suppressing fire :D

(but i bet its just cool like those shotgun silencers)

FGMPR

Banned
Rezbit said:
It appears so.

God dammit. How am I supposed to go back to that z-grade map/mode after glorious CB...

It makes no logical sense to me to shut off the map that is actually saving this beta's reputation from one of utter disappointment.

Derrick01

Banned
ii Stryker said:
Graverobber exaggerates, the shotty effective range is at a maximum about 15-20 foot, beyond that it takes 2 or more shots.

Its NOT the magnum ammo sniping bullshit of BC2. It feels fair and its primarily used in the subway tunnel first MCOM set because its really all about CQB.

This is more acceptable, thanks for clarifying.

darkwing

FGMPR said:
God dammit. How am I supposed to go back to that z-grade map/mode after glorious CB...

It makes no logical sense to me to shut off the map that is actually saving this beta's reputation from one of utter disappointment.

they need to test the Metro map more, those clipping issues when proning around the rocks is just crazy

zomaha

darkwing said:
they need to test the Metro map more, those clipping issues when proning around the rocks is just crazy

This makes me concerned for the other maps we haven't seen...if this one is having so much trouble, isn't it likely the others will have issues, too?

I am pretty sure the clipping and animation bugs are serverside problems. Some servers got them - some don't. I don't think it's an issue with the map geometry.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
PatzCU said:
So lame! The ONE time I made it into a Caspian server, my BF3 beta experience was magnified 100x. Honestly, I was starting to get a little buyer's guilt of my GTX 570 playing only Metro for the past 3 days (which of course, melted away on Caspian). Metro is not at all indicative of a BF game, and I think it's going to end up turning off a lot of console gamers. What are they smoking over there in Sweden?

Very true, I only played Metro and was thinking of giving the game a pass and continue playing bfbc2... They better open Caspian because Metro is the kind of map that will be filtered out!

zomaha

JetBlackPanda said:
I want to like this series but just like the last game I tried this out last night and was bored to tears.. what is wrong with me?

You'd probably enjoy Caspian a lot more. But you'll have to wait a month.

MNC

JetBlackPanda said:
I want to like this series but just like the last game I tried this out last night and was bored to tears.. what is wrong with me?
FPS not your thing?

Online FPS not your thing?

Eric WK

darkwing said:
I love the argument from DICE and others that the reason we only have Metro is because it "requires more testing." So what? The other eight maps are bug-free and good to go for retail? Or do they just not care?

I'm not saying they need to offer more than one map for the beta (although they should), but their purported reasoning for it is dumb.

georgc

whats the point of suppression if they can still see me. I love the m249 and i see a sniper i deploy the bipod and lay into him I also have the suppression perk so my bullets do more suppression. I send 50 rounds of hot lead his way so i know that he is fully suppressed. But since there is a circle in the center of the screen that remains perfectly clear i get counter sniped.

UUUGGGHHHHH whats the point? If he got lucky fine, but this consistently happens and snipers only need that small circle to snipe. remove that small circle where they can see perfectly fine and suppression will work well enough.

georgc said:
whats the point of suppression if they can still see me. I love the m249 and i see a sniper i deploy the bipod and lay into him I also have the suppression perk so my bullets do more suppression. I send 50 rounds of hot lead his way so i know that he is fully suppressed. But since there is a circle in the center of the screen that remains perfectly clear i get counter sniped.

UUUGGGHHHHH whats the point? If he got lucky fine, but this consistently happens and snipers only need that small circle to snipe. remove that small circle where they can see perfectly fine and suppression will work well enough.

Suppression increases your sway, stops health regeneration, and reduces accuracy. It's not just visual.

Bob White

So cool, I wake up to play this morning and Op metro is EVEN MORE FUCKED UP than last night AND caspian is gone.

Fucking Dice. People are really put off by this insane park section. Beta or not, this is a disaster for their "we're better than MW3" campaign.

MNC

How does one suppress anyway, just fire in the general direction of an enemy? I know I've done it, I just don't see the underlying method.

Velion

MNC said:
How does one suppress anyway, just fire in the general direction of an enemy? I know I've done it, I just don't see the underlying method.
Pretty much, specially works on recon who has the lighthouse effect, you don't even have to be shooting in front of them, just general direction.

Blutonium

Mr. Snrub said:
Suppression increases your sway, stops health regeneration, and reduces accuracy. It's not just visual.

On top of that, I think the tunnel vision is great. You can still shoot the guy who's suppressing you, but your peripheral vision is borked. Enemies can flank you more easily this way, which is kind of what suppression is about.

thuway

Goddamn this game needs more time in the oven. If EA wasn't so cutthroat on trying to cut Modern Warfare under its knees, I wouldn't mind waiting 6-12 more months for a game that truly is polished, beautiful, and a marvel to play through.

Wow yesterday i was playing in a server where ANY hole in the ground was basically a black hole, there were tons of people stuck underneath the map, its funny that you can see the end stage picture hidden under the map haha.

Top Bottom