• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Gvaz

Banned
Why isn't any unlocks immediately saved by the server then set to whatever EA uses for the accounts independent to the client? This would save a whole lot of headaches I think because you have to finish a game to actually get the rewards, and if you quit early or crash then you get nothing.

Island said:
This is getting tiring.... I keep unlocking stuff... but the server goes down, and I dont get to play with my new toys.

same here, the last 5 games I played I got kicked…I stole someone else' kit and was pretty envious of the guns and scopes he had. I'm stuck with the default weapons until I can finish a damn game.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable.

every time i try and get an origin to score the beta :(

Angry Fork

You guys need to read the last couple pages once in a while before you post lol. They're updating the beta right now so everything's down.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Angry Fork said:
You guys need to read the last couple pages once in a while before you post lol. They're updating the beta right now so everything's down.

Surfing though people asking for that server password is hellish lol

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
How the fuck do I squad up with my friends on the PS3 version? Always splits us up into either separate squads or even opposing teams. I didn't understand the frustration with the beta before I got into it, but seriously, this is the impression you're going to make on my friends who are new to the series, DICE? Fucking awesome.

And wasn't team wide chat going to be in the console game? Am I missing something -- is there an actual button to do this? It would make the fact that I can't squad up with my friends a little easier to take.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Veins said:
"Terrain destruction disabled, because it causes problems with people crawling around under the map. We have a proper fix for this in the retail game, but chose to simply disable it for the OB"

Whaa?

Sounds like they don't have a fix.

Uhm, sounds like they have a fix but chose to simply disable it for the OB.

I don't think the general public is smart enough to beta test games. Unfortunately it's hard to stress test an online game without putting it in a real world scenario.

And for those complaining about the ragdoll bugs, yes, they are often the last bugs to get ironed out. Especially when lots of people are stressing servers and latency is involved. You want to keep things as optimized as you can while still making sure that these bugs don't happen and that's a very fine balancing act.

Angry Fork

PatmanBegins said:
How the fuck do I squad up with my friends on the PS3 version? Always splits us up into either separate squads or even opposing teams. I didn't understand the frustration with the beta before I got into it, but seriously, this is the impression you're going to make on my friends who are new to the series, DICE? Fucking awesome.
Yea I'm wondering if these kinds of options will be in the full game.

Best weapon loadout I have tried so far: M249, red dot, foregrip, extended mags. You never have to stop firing to reload and the gun is a bullet hose. I have gotten so many 5xkills with it :p try it

darkwing

PatmanBegins said:

And wasn't team wide chat going to be in the console game? Am I missing something -- is there an actual button to do this? It would make the fact that I can't squad up with my friends a little easier to take.
don't worry, this is just a beta, I'm sure they will fix the squad issue

demolitio

Wow, ever since BL went back up from the last update, I can't join a game at all. It get stucks at "Connecting" every single time. :/

Angry Fork

For some reason my sensitivity while on humvee turrets is terrible. On foot the gun sensitivity is fine I raised it before but the turret I have to pick up my mouse like 3 times in order to position the turret behind me, it's a huge pain in the ass. Anyway to fix this or maybe it was just a glitch?

Tokubetsu

demolitio said:
Wow, ever since BL went back up from the last update, I can't join a game at all. It get stucks at "Connecting" every single time. :/
Uyu9M.png

Island

I think I might be done for the night.... went 20-7 on Metro about to cap the last point... multiple unlocks 4000+ score...etc.... and CRASH

Yay! Back to no unlocks!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah Shotgun + 12 Frag Rounds + Flashlight = LAWL Killing Machine, can anyone say "NERF" boy & girls

God that shit put me into Beast Mode, plus healing bonus points and revives through Assault...SO GOOD!

Look at these Absurd Stats...GOOD LORD!:

294qlxk.jpg

2qx9px5.jpg

23rmstx.jpg

GraveRobberX said:
Yeah Shotgun + 12 Frag Rounds + Flashlight = LAWL Killing Machine, can anyone say "NERF" boy & girls

God that shit put me into Beast Mode, plus healing bonus points and revives through Assault...SO GOOD!

Nice, you can now have sex with me if you want , jk

IMACOMPUTA

GraveRobberX said:

HAXXX!!!

GraveRobberX

I'm not a KDR guy, but this shit be ridiculous

I was one-shotting the Attackers left and right

I mean yes up close shotty should be 1 and done, but I was medium range, like 6 prone lengths away from them and still killing them

Shotgun kills give the best animations though when you kill someone

If they are running (you can tell they have sprint perk on) and you blast them maybe an inch away from you, either they do a cartwheel/barrel roll away from you, or they are running so fast that your shot kills them and they phase through your body and come to a complete stop

Khal_B

This is really weird. The beta was working fine for me yesterday, but today when I try to search for a game, it says server found and the game window comes up and then shuts down automatically. Has this happened to anyone else?

Dmax3901

Khal_B said:
This is really weird. The beta was working fine for me yesterday, but today when I try to search for a game, it says server found and the game window comes up and then shuts down automatically. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yep, gets to 'initializing' then just stops. So frustrating.

Soma

GraveRobberX said:
I'm not a KDR guy, but this shit be ridiculous

I was one-shotting the Attackers left and right

I mean yes up close shotty should be 1 and done, but I was medium range, like 6 prone lengths away from them and still killing them
Haha oh man.

Just wait till you unlock the 12G Slugs. I've had to force myself to stop using them because i feel so dirty using them, especially on the 2nd and 3rd sets of MCOMs.

Can't wait to see people use them with the Saiga and USAS!

Dmax3901

Khal_B said:
I see...is there any fix or solution to this? Or do I have to keep trying over and over again?

I have no more idea than you do, it started just before the maintenance a few hours ago. I'm gonna wait til tomorrow, if it's still fucked I'll do a full uninstall/redownload deal. Which is just ridiculously annoying.

kitch9

Banned
EA have said there's a damage bug with head shots I think, they are 1 hit kills from miles away when they shouldn't be.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
What is the trick to the AA missiles, seem completely random and pretty easy to dodge. And what is this vehicle disabled shit, seems like it just lets people jump out of them without dieing.

Think I'm done with the beta until they open Caspian and fix all the disconnection issues.

Fjordson

Starting to get into this a lot more. Got a few unlocks and I'm doing way better. I'm also enjoying Metro quite a bit (when the fighting isn't in the subway). Also, the connection issues (360) seem to finally be gone. Getting into games instantly now.

GraveRobberX

Angry Fork said:
When do you unlock the flashlight? What do you have to use?

You have to level up your guns

Each gun has attachments, some have more than some

So if you unlock flashlight on M4A1 that doesn't mean that attachment can be used on your Shotty or AK74-u

You have to grind for kills to get the good stuff, which is the best way I think

I think flashlight is 40 kills per weapon, bi-pod is 60, laser sight is 80, so every 10 kills before 100 kills nets you something, even numbers you earn under attachments, odd numbers you earn scopes
After 100, it takes 25 kills to get next attachment, after 200 35 kills for the last 2

On my Engineer I have a maxed out Ak74-u with 17 of 17 Attachments

Each class has certain guns that are for them, you need 232,000 points per class to unlock all of them
You also unlock weapons that can be used by all classes by leveling up to 50

Also here, even though the My Soldier portal in the Beta is darkened out, use this:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/

That website helps a fucking ton of what you've been doing and what are your stats and upcoming unlocks

Top Bottom