• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Mr. Snrub said:
Attachments are weapon-specific unlocks.

But how do I unlock a Flashlight for my gun? Is it based on certain kill styles or just x amount of kills? I have friends who randomly unlocked holographic site without knowing how lol.

bobs99 ... said:
But how do I unlock a Flashlight for my gun? Is it based on certain kill styles or just x amount of kills? I have friends who randomly unlocked holographic site without knowing how lol.
It's just down to the number of kills. You can look on Battlelog stats to see the specific number.

DeathIsTheEnd said:
It's just down to the number of kills. You can look on Battlelog stats to see the specific number.

I would but Battlelog has glitched out for my account and wont let me see anything. I mean in terms of it wont let me sign in. :/

jaaz

zephervack said:
Wow yesterday i was playing in a server where ANY hole in the ground was basically a black hole, there were tons of people stuck underneath the map, its funny that you can see the end stage picture hidden under the map haha.

I'm really liking this game, but for the life of me I can not understand how this "fall into the ground" bug in the park area of Metro could possibly make it into a beta release 3 weeks before retail? I mean, it's there on every server, at the M-Com next to the wall. It's like quicksand. Didn't DICE you know actually play test the beta map before releasing it? I mean I expect some bugs, it is a beta after all, but this is such a huge and obvious one...

M.D

I'm torn between downloading and installing this or just putting in Black Ops

What laggy, bug-fest mess should I chose?

I have had a blast with the beta so far and am even more hyped for BF3, but I even agree that this Beta in general actually hurt the games appeal overall in terms of all the problems the beta seems to have.

LowParry

I just wanted to try Caspian :( And I hate to progress so much with how many unlocks I've had already. The lazer add on is damn cool. And the tactical flashlight is ever better.

Mr. Snrub said:
Telling you, man. Playing with 8-10 gaffers, even on Metro, is a blast.

It was even better on Caspian.
Like I said in the PC thread, if I'm on late I'll definitely play with you guys!

This beta has just clashed with the start of my new uni year so not really been able to, unfortunately.

Branson

Hmm. Maybe it's from playing a lot of shooters this gen but this did nothing for me in hyping me up to get it. I don't even know if this and MW3 are day one purchases anymore after playing the beta. They just seem like known quantities at this point. I played this beta and was like, yup, this is a mp shooter. It's Battlefield. It felt like a shooter. Ugh. Idk.

Gvaz

Banned
kitch9 said:
EA have said there's a damage bug with head shots I think, they are 1 hit kills from miles away when they shouldn't be.
Uh....headshots should always be one shot kills as long as you know, actually hit the dude's head.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I swear this game can detect when you're having fun and then throws some BS at you (disconnects from server, or the old BF special of dying in one shot after hitting someone 5 times).

But have a bad game and the game seems to work perfectly.

DSN2K said:
Caspian is gone it seems....Map needs optimizing imo.
In terms of design?

Because it ran SO much better than Metro for me on a technical level. I'm talking 30-40fps better. Of course, there were also more glitches, but that's to be expected.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
In terms of design?

Because it ran SO much better than Metro for me on a technical level. I'm talking 30-40fps better. Of course, there were also more glitches, but that's to be expected.

It actually runs worse for me. :S

Gvaz

Banned
Menelaus said:
Every post I've seen from you makes me not want to every play with you on my team.
Why is that?

I'm sorry I'm not a perfect player and I thin the dogfights look more fun than the combat? Is that what you want me to say?

Makoto

Mulligan said:
hmm. appears my headset isn't working ingame for some reason then.
You won't get any notification that it is working. I couldn't tell if my headset working until I heard my echo in the microphone of another player in my squad.

Kyaw said:
It actually runs worse for me. :S
Considering it's 64 players, huge, jets, helis, tanks etc I thought it would for me, but I shoved EVERYTHING on max and got a much better framerate than everything on High in Metro.

So I'm not complaining.

J-Rzez

So Battlelog has my account all screwed up and I can't access anything. Does anyone have a website link that shows you "Unlock Progression" on weapons, gadgets, and so forth?

Foliorum Viridum said:
Considering it's 64 players, huge, jets, helis, tanks etc I thought it would for me, but I shoved EVERYTHING on max and got a much better framerate than everything on High in Metro.

So I'm not complaining.

Yeah, this has been the case for me.

DICE are really really stupid to remove Caspian. Remove Metro and put up a billion Caspian servers and you'd immediately see this thread explode with positive impressions (as long as people don't get on laggy servers).

Mulligan

Banned
vidal said:
You won't get any notification that it is working. I couldn't tell if my headset working until I heard my echo in the microphone of another player in my squad.
I asked my friend, who was in my squad at the time, if he could hear me and he couldn't.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:

So I'm not complaining.

Weird... i'm getting like 20fps less than what i get in Metro.

Enosh

is it just me or something fucked up with the holographic sights?
I get after 2-3 ADS some full red-purplish circle in the place where the targeting red circle and dot should be

basically like someone is shining a laser into me, just no one is doing it
ps3 version that is

MNC

Caspian Border at a few fps spikes randomly or where it froze for half a second. No reason at all. I LOVED the whole level and it was *epic*. It truly deserved that word. Didn't get to fly a jet :(

desu

Damnit, I fucking love the UMP-45. Took me 30min for 100 kills which at minimum twice as fast as any other weapon I played so far.

Only thing thats getting annoying is the ground glitching, I am seeing more and more people exploting the shit out of it which is pretty damn annoying.

J-Rzez said:
So Battlelog has my account all screwed up and I can't access anything. Does anyone have a website link that shows you "Unlock Progression" on weapons, gadgets, and so forth?

Im having the same problem and it doesnt seem like anyone has catologued the information. :/

blurrygil

The blurryOne's Laundry List of BS on BF3 (360-GAF):

Prone Warz
Enviroment issues (F**KIN EVERYWHERE!!!)
Grenades are borked (Animations, sticking to invisible sh*t, etc)
Prone Warzzzzzz
Weapons slightly overpowered and very unbalanced (Back to good ol' shotgun snipes from old days of BC2 and nothing but Assault classes)
MCOM bomb timers WAY too quick (at least 10-15 secs)
Wonky Squad Spawning
Frostbite wackiness
Flashes EVERYWHERE (many of them aren't players or anything...)
Menu borkedness
Reviving is hit or miss (And ACCEPTING TO BE REVIVED, WUT?!?)
PRONE WARZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

I have similar concerns, like Faceless, with proning on larger maps. Personally, I feel that all the proning and high damage just doesn't create good combat situations. There's a reason why I got tired of all of the insta-killing in BF2.

I have to agree with fellow GAF-ers, the game truly feels like BF3: Medal of Duty BLOPS. I'm disappointed, but enjoyed some of the new aspects of the game. Such as:

Player animation and "swaying" (Felt like, well, a human being...who can parkour over obstacles!)
Graphics....OH the graphics! (And definitely the lighting! An RPG in the Metro tunnel = gorgeous)
Knifing for Dogtags (just feels...right)
Mobile Spawnpoints (Nice. How do you unlock those, though?)

Sadly, I have more complaints than praises. The game just doesn't fit for me, thus far. But alas, it'll get more time from me over the next week for sure...and we'll see how it goes.

And...no 360-GAF community? Don't see one in the OP... :-(

popeutlal

I wonder if this is an actual beta or a demo, its out in less than a month so I seriously doubt they'll make some serious changes to the game.

Played the PS3 version, and the visuals look really poor, specially the vegitation...trees, grass and bushes look so terrible, they look like random mush of textures and polygons with green paint sprayed on. And its really hard to tell if the bullets are connecting or not.

But I like how fluid the player movements are, running and going prone feels so smooth.

Magic Ovaries said:
I wonder if this is an actual beta or a demo, its out in less than a month so I seriously doubt they'll make some serious changes to the game.

Played the PS3 version, and the visuals look really poor, specially the vegitation...trees, grass and bushes look so terrible, they look like random mush of textures and polygons with green paint sprayed on. And its really hard to tell if the bullets are connecting or not.

But I like how fluid the player movements are, running and going prone feels so smooth.

The build we're playing was stuck in cert for at least 3 weeks.

Foliorum Viridum said:

So I'm not complaining.

This makes me very happy considering we have similar specs

This is what's bugging me . . . . Why did Caspian look perfect in the trailer they released, but the beta version is glitchy as hell. Selective editing? Old build?

Norua

Banned
The Battlelog's maintenance is over right ? I can't find more than 10/15 servers in Europe and can't access any of those because it says they're full even though i see 0/32 everywhere. When I get a Joining Server message it just keeps loading without launching the game. I know they updated it but can you play now guys ? I see people in my friends list playing :/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
SirButterstick said:
This is what's bugging me . . . . Why did Caspian look perfect in the trailer they released, but the beta version is glitchy as hell. Selective editing? Old build?
A combination of both, I would guess.

Hellcrow

blurrygil said:
The blurryOne's Laundry List of BS on BF3 (360-GAF):

Reviving is hit or miss (And ACCEPTING TO BE REVIVED, WUT?!?)

(

Accepting to be revived is a great thing if some idiot revives you infront of an enemy tank.

Top Bottom