• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

iam220

blurrygil said:
Again, purely an opinion...which is fine. But I find BFBC2 to be superior in the series. Bottom line.

Agreed, as far as 16v16 goes BC2 is my favorite battlefield. It's too early to tell but from the short time I spent with BF3 it looks to surpass BC2 in just about every way.

ChiefEdiri said:
Looks better, but it's not a mind-blowing difference from what I am noticing(except for jaggies).

Texture work is also better, but not by much.

When you see it in motion, running at a higher resolution and faster frame rates with all the cool lightning it becomes MUCH more noticeable.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Nostalgia~4ever said:
where is the patch?

I haven't been forced to download a patch or client more than the original and first and only time. I don't understand how people are downloading 3.9gbs things all the time.

Corky said:
I haven't been forced to download a patch or client more than the original and first and only time. I don't understand how people are downloading 3.9gbs things all the time.

I right click on the beta name in origins and search for updates, nothing happens.

Makoto

The PC beta has been 100x more enjoyable now that I'm not getting timeouts or disconnects. Quick Match has been working great and my stats are intact. My opinion of the beta is now inching towards favorable.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Corky said:
Wait what? I shouldn't be downloading this then?

Man, fuck Origin

jaaz

I also don't understand some of these comments. Bugs and beta issues aside, this just FEELS like BF 1942/BF2, and I played BF 1942 more than I'd like to admit. The feeling is obviously more pronounced in the Caspian Border map of course. In Metro, it feels less so because its Rush mode and a smaller map--both of which were not in BF 1942 of course--but the gunplay and mechanics IS Battlefield. I for one can not wait for the final version to explore the Conquest maps.

1) How do I get the PC patch? Origin has not prompted me to patch anything since I downloaded the game.

2) I just got home from work, ready to play, and on Battlelog it says "WE'RE SORRY We are currently having issues with passwords containing special characters. Until we have fixed this, you can change your password to only use alphanumeric characters at http://profile.ea.com"

I went there...went to change my password, and it gives me an error. Awesome. Anyone else dealing with this shiz?

Corky said:
Can someone explain this to me :

If you fire continuously with let's say a machine gun and suddenly stop and reload the transition animation is very jittery, has anyone else noticed it?

Half the time i don't get ANY reload animation on the PS3 ;D The gun just stays there on default stance and i suddenly get a full magazine.

vehn

Well shit, Battlelog says

"We are currently having issues with passwords containing
special characters (such as &%<>).

Until we have fixed this, you can change your password to
only use alphanumeric characters at http://profile.ea.com"

So I go to the site to try to change it but then that says "System Error. Please try again later.". WTF do I do :/

Kyaw

Played quite a bit today with GAF using Mumble.

It was pretty damn awesome.
Unlocked the UMP-45, that thing is AWESOME!
Loved it in BC2 and loving it now.

Been playing the beta quite a bit. Enjoying it but I'm still on the fence on whether I'm going to pick it up at launch. Been playing nothing but Engineer and I love the feel of the guns. I actually like most of Op. Metro too other than the first set of MCOM's. Seems like DICE still has a ton of work left to do before launch.

Niblet

Can someone explain to this derper how I access the menu ingame (PC version)? I press escape but nothing happens. I want to configure my keyboard and graphic settings. Thanks.

Recon

Banned
Niblet said:
Can someone explain to this derper how I access the menu ingame (PC version)? I press escape but nothing happens. I want to configure my keyboard and graphic settings. Thanks.

You have to press Esc. while you are alive and ingame.

Kyaw

Niblet said:

You can only do it while you are alive.
I know it sucks but it should be fixed in retail.

Ezduo

Banned
So if I quit before the round if over because my team is getting stomped and the teams are unbalanced not only in skill but numbers do I lose any points or unlocks I gained from that round?

kitch9

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
Played the beta yesterday.

This is the game gamers have been championing for years now? Does nobody remember how much fun 1942 use to be? This BFBC/MOH ripoff is, well, a BFBC/MOH ripoff. Thanks for the Beta, Dice. Saved me money.

The hyperbole is strong in this one.

Ezduo said:
So if I quit before the round if over because my team is getting stomped and the teams are unbalanced not only in skill but numbers do I lose any points or unlocks I gained from that round?

No, you get to keep them. In fact, that was exactly what we did a few times at the end of Caspian Border rounds, since they always crashed and we lost everything.

If you are disconnected due to your own internet/connection issue, or if you quit, you keep the stats. But if the server crashes, you don't.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Playing post patch now, what should I look out for? Seems a bit more stable at least

edit, I still get black grass. Tho that might be my videocard/old drivers

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
6198658775_cfb051813a_z.jpg

My game just stays at that screen for a minute and I either time out or disconnect from the login server. Any suggestions?

I downloaded the BF3 drivers for my video card, tried reinstalling, and I can't find those host files everyone keeps mentioning.

RS4-

Sub_Level said:
6198658775_cfb051813a_z.jpg

My game just stays at that screen for a minute and I either time out or disconnect from the login server. Any suggestions?

I downloaded the BF3 drivers for my video card, tried reinstalling, and I can't find those host files everyone keeps mentioning.

I just alt-f4 then join another server; it happens to me every once and a while

I have been having some great games on Metro today (RIP Caspian). Maybe this map isn't so bad...

Also the holographic sight and suppressor is my combo. Sam fucking Fishering people like nobody's business. Seen quite a few more people actually playing well today as well, alot more revives/ammo/meds than previously.

Sub_Level said:

Hm, damn. There was a fix for a similar issue for 64-bit.

What does your Battlelog say? "Connecting"? Mine does this every so often but it's usually a router issue for me--sometimes my roommate will try to join my game (or vice versa) and one of us will get "timed out" while the other gets in. Then after that, it will continually say "Connecting" in Battlelog and just give me a black screen on the .exe.

Orgun and I are trying to pair up in a party with voice chat in Battlelog.

The most complicated/broken thing ever. Fucking hell.

Edit: We're just using Mumble haha, fuck this.

I got that black screen when connecting to a server once, had to Task Manager it. Haven't come across it any more, yet.

Servers are unplayably superlaggy for me right now though.

Rubixcuba

Banned
I'm still getting the error message for the GPU crashing >:
I join a game, it loads and then I have a black screen. After a few seconds it goes into fullscreen only to crash and "successfully recover".

rabhw

Man the flashlight is really fucking stupid. Picking people off while they are running from mid-range from the side, and they turn 90 degrees to look at you and you're completely blind, its absurd. Tone that shit down.

I just played a quick game, I didn't get prompted for any patch.. also SERIOUSLY? They want us to download the whole client again? I think i'll just wait for retail, my bandwidth cap weeps.

HotHamWater said:
I have been having some great games on Metro today (RIP Caspian). Maybe this map isn't so bad...

Also the holographic sight and suppressor is my combo. Sam fucking Fishering people like nobody's business. Seen quite a few more people actually playing well today as well, alot more revives/ammo/meds than previously.

Fuck yes. This + foregrip on the M16 is my baby.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Orgun and I are trying to pair up in a party with voice chat in Battlelog.

The most complicated/broken thing ever. Fucking hell.

Edit: We're just using Mumble haha, fuck this.

lol.gif

That was my experience with the in-game VOIP as well.

I'll be on within an hour, might join y'all.

Top Bottom