• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
God damn ASS-system. Everything was working great up until now, why the hell am I getting connection timed out on EVERY server I try to join from now on? Not a single one works....

edit :

Your connection to the server has timed out.
You were disconnected from the login server. ( nice, a new one )

Gee thanks, I wonder what sin I've committed in order to have this otherwise WORKING system just fail within 1 second and never work for me again¨

edit 2 :

b-e-autiiiiful, now I get to a loading screen and when the game has finished loading I get sent to desktop to the diarrhea colored button say " GO TO GAME " I WAS IN THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME UNTIL YOU TOOK ME OUT! And surprise the bf3.exe or w/e window is nowhere to be found so no matter how many million times I press GO TO GAME nothing happens because there's no bloody instance of BF3 running. Just this atrocious battlelog. F this.

Garbage, pure garbage.

Sanic

Gouda Jouji said:
I just played a quick game, I didn't get prompted for any patch.. also SERIOUSLY? They want us to download the whole client again? I think i'll just wait for retail, my bandwidth cap weeps.
Wait, we seriously have to download the entire client again? That sounds a little ridiculous.

Kibbles

Fuck it, I'm starting to save up to join the master race. Did cheap-gaf build a nice rig yet for Battlefield 3 on a newegg list or something?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ysiadmihi said:
Am I the only one getting better framerates at the end of Metro now? I had to lower my resolution before.
I haven't checked in FRAPS, but it felt like the game was running decidedly less awful.

Kibbles said:
Fuck it, I'm starting to save up to join the master race. Did cheap-gaf build a nice rig yet for Battlefield 3 on a newegg list or something?
What's your budget?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Ahahaha EOD bot the best thing ever.

People don't understand what it is yet, I've flamed at least a dozen people while defending MCOM stations with it. They just kind of look at it like, wtf and then they're toast.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kibbles said:
I'd like to keep it around $600 if possible.
The $600 build is really close to being able to play the game on High, but it needs a couple of modifications.

I think it should be possible around Black Friday, since the 560 will definitely be about the same price as the 460 then and there should be a good quadcore for around the price of the dualcore processor they're using.

We will also have a lot of benchmarks and driver updates to help decide optimal performance by then as well.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I keep trying to make myself enjoy Operation Metro and it just isn't happening. Come on DICE, just give us the Caspian servers back.

Ezduo

Banned
Sigh, not a single game where my attacking team can even make it past the first area but if I'm defending I'll be damned if I've played a single game where we didn't let them into the subway. I hate rush so much.

rdrr gnr

Third fucking game I've joined at the very last base, with my team getting absolutely destroyed. Amazing game-balancing. This shit better not fly in the retail. The more reliant a game is upon teamwork the better the matchmaking should be. Place players of similar skill level together.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ysiadmihi said:
I keep trying to make myself enjoy Operation Metro and it just isn't happening. Come on DICE, just give us the Caspian servers back.
Is there even an APC in Operation Metro anymore? I haven't seen one in ages.

Rubixcuba

Banned
MuseManMike said:
Third fucking game I've joined at the very last base, with my team getting absolutely destroyed. Amazing game-balancing. This shit better not fly in the retail. The more reliant a game is upon teamwork the better the matchmaking should be. Place players of similar skill level together.
Happened a lot in BC:2 so I think matchmaking will be the same as ever.

Recon

Banned
I keep hearing about this huge patch...yet i keep playing, and periodically checking for said patch but its keeps saying im up to date.

I don't know where you guys are getting your patch from. The update DICE have done was server side, if you right click the beta in Origin and hit update it just downloads the client again.

Kibbles

Nirolak said:
The $600 build is really close to being able to play the game on High, but it needs a couple of modifications.

I think it should be possible around Black Friday, since the 560 will definitely be about the same price as the 460 then and there should be a good quadcore for around the price of the dualcore processor they're using.

We will also have a lot of benchmarks and driver updates to help decide optimal performance by then as well.
Yeah I'll wait a bit and up my budget too. I just remembered I have an airsoft gun I'm going to try and sell that could net me some decent cash.

Ezduo

Banned
I haven't seen any patch. I right click on the Beta icon and click "Check for updates" and it says it's up to date every time.

belvedere

Junior Butler
HotHamWater said:
I don't know where you guys are getting your patch from. The update DICE have done was server side, if you right click the beta in Origin and hit update it just downloads the client again.

I don't think there's an update. The only updates have been to Battlelog. I still haven't found out for sure whether the updates mentioned in the OP are intended for beta.

HotHamWater said:

I don't even have an update option from Origin...just "Play Now," "Show Game Details," "Add to Favorites," and "Uninstall"....

Ezduo

Banned
Has anyone else had a problem where the right mouse button stops working? Randomly I won't be able to bring up my scope until I change to a different weapon and then back again.

Ezduo said:
Has anyone else had a problem where the right mouse button stops working? Randomly I won't be able to bring up my scope until I change to a different weapon and then back again.

Hasn't happened to me. But I am unable to bind any keys, which is really annoying because I hate the melee key.

belvedere said:
I don't think there's an update. The only updates have been to Battlelog. I still haven't found out for sure whether the updates mentioned in the OP are intended for beta.

You might be right, but I haven't fallen through the world today, and servers in general seem to be much more stable, so it looks like they've done something.

Ezduo said:

Yeah, it happens every so often. It's a real bastard in a firefight.

Ezduo said:

That happens to me on Xbox. My aim down site button refuses to work sometimes. Its very odd.

J-Rzez

Ezduo said:

Happened to me on PC and the PS3. Annoying, but I'm sure they'll fix that.

jaaz

MisterAnderson said:
I don't even have an update option from Origin...just "Play Now," "Show Game Details," "Add to Favorites," and "Uninstall"....

Same here. If there is a patch client-side, I can't find it.

parasight

There's no way to choose Squads is there? I've been trying to get in the same Squad as my friends but it never works, even when we Matchmake in the same Squad.

Also, there's no way to join a friend's game in progress is there?

RBK

Banned
Finally gonna give the PC version a try. Hopefully the GeForce 9300 I have is good enough to run it at ultra settings.

Woo-Fu

Banned
There is no 3.9GB patch. If Origin wants to redownload the entire thing it is a bug. A bug which started yesterday, BTW.

parasight said:
There's no way to choose Squads is there? I've been trying to get in the same Squad as my friends but it never works, even when we Matchmake in the same Squad.

No easy way.

parasight said:
Also, there's no way to join a friend's game in progress is there?

Sure there is, the join button next to their name in the friendslist.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
ChiefEdiri said:
Finally gonna give the PC version a try. Hopefully the GeForce 9300 I have is good enough to run it at ultra settings.

go for extreme setting

Ysiadmihi said:

I know right. Once youve been spoiled with Caspian/Conquest, you dont want to go back.

jaaz

The subway section of Metro can be a blast with a good team. Crank up the sound and get involved in a huge firefight... it's pretty awesome.

Woorloog

Banned
AK-74M sucks. Since reliablity isn't in question, M16 is better in every way. AK-74M needs either damage or accuracy boost (or burst fire mode)...
I could use M416 but i don't like it. So no Assault class while i'm in Russian team for me. And there are no unlockable weapons i'd care about (SCAR-H is Engineer's and no XM8 in this game :/)
Snipers feel a tad OP considering how little health we have. Or how strong weapons are. And people are learning to use 4x scope as that removes the lens glint.
M27IAR is a beast, RPK-74M is weak due inaccuracy...
No Mortar in the beta, can't use it even if you unlock it.

jaaz said:
The subway section of Metro can be a blast with a good team. Crank up the sound and get involved in a huge firefight... it's pretty awesome.

I let an m-comm explode in the park so I could play the subway section.

True history.

RBK

Banned
DR3AM said:
go for extreme setting
I'll try.

Just used that site that says if you can run a game or not, and it says my video card isn't powerful enough for minimum settings yet I have 1.6 GB of video card memory lol.

For some reason BF3 has started to use 100% of my CPU which means the game is basically like a slideshow.

It's run like a dream for the rest of the beta and nothing has changed on my PC. Any ideas?

thuway

I'm just not impressed with this engine. :-/

I honestly feel like Killzone 3, Uncharted 2, and Gears 3 look better.

I would love to see this type of game made in the Killzone 3 engine. Killzone has fantastic animations, amazing gun models (why do these gun models look so boring), and incredible art.

There is just something completely sterile about this game.

Top Bottom