• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

NBtoaster

Foliorum Viridum said:
EVERYTHING would look at amazing at that size.

The more you downsample, the better things look.

I'm just imagining at how it would animate ased on that image. And the sky and the runway shading...

Nirolak said:
I'll only be obnoxious with one of them. :p

http://www.abload.de/img/battlefield_3_october_9uvf.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

mmmm that runway detail. I assume it's actually raining and not just the cokpit glass :x

Control tower looks a little flat but w/e.

Longshot

Having an absolute blast in Caspian right now, it's a shame most Aussie servers are full so I jumped in a UK one. There's a real sense of team work here, me and some other guy drove around for a good 5 minutes just capping bases, I drove and he shot. Jets and helicopters feel a tad easier to fly, I don't like the idea of spawning in jets as people seem to just sit in the spawn screen and wait for one; lots of people still camping for them. Helicopters are a lot of fun to fly, though. I don't seem to die as often, not many recons either, it's good to see lots of engineers around too.

Can't wait for the inevitable Wake Island 24/7 servers!

1-D_FTW

Veins said:
All the servers are set up for running 32 player Metro games. So laggy on Caspian.

And sadly, if last week is any indication, it'll still thoroughly trounce the Metro Rush map.*

*Although with only a dozen servers and a million people trying to join them, I'll probably not even attempt to join. Especially since I'm only Rank 2.

Still, it's not a bad idea for anyone on the fence after being turned off by Metro. Caspian is great even in its horribly laggy state.

Sigma Storm said:
Can't wait for the inevitable Wake Island 24/7 servers!

Oh, yeah. Let people have their Karkland, I'm waiting for 24/7 Wake Island.

NBtoaster said:
I'm just imagining at how it would animate ased on that image. And the sky and the runway shading...
Yeah, and as the full size picture shows it does look great. I didn't mean to imply it wouldn't.

You just made it sound like downsampling hurts visuals when it's the opposite :p

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Thanks guys, I got my 360 pad working but the right stick sensitivity seemed waaaaaaaaaay too high in a tank. Any ideas? (please don't tell me I have to lower my mouse sensitivity :( ).

Also, I hope they have separate inversion toggles for the mouse and pad. I can't stand using a pad with non-inverted aim.

Longshot

IKczu.jpg

Flew a bit too high in the Jet!

Does anybody know the best way to compress videos? I got some nice fraps footage that I'd like to upload. Can I make gifs out of my videos?

[EDIT: Runs beautifully on my 2 year old PC. Medium settings - Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz, 8 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5850.]

Binabik15

Shiiiiet, just got 16 ribbons in one game and almost 6k points. I´m getting okay at this! I run into an enemy that I couldn´t kill even with a full mag on two occassion, dude must´ve cheated. Fuck.

big_z

really wish they would have put out one big map on consoles to see how it plays. with only 24 people i imagine things being pretty sparse.

anyway finally got into a caspian border map. way too laggy to play right now but it looks nice.

Not only are the Caspian servers completely unplayable, the map also makes my CPU go crazy and overheat within a minute. No other game has managed to do that yet. I have forced all my fans to run at maximum speed and tried to stand around in a corner doing nothing, but I still can't run the map for more than a minute before I have to shut it down. There is some scary shit going on with that map.

Kyaw

Fucking Stingers man!

They need to restructure the unlock path so you unlock flares WAY before you unlock Stingers.

Shadybiz

Foliorum Viridum said:
Can not get into a jet for the life of me :( People spawn in them so fast!

Haha...if you thought spawn camping the helicopter in BC2 was bad...

But yeah...I need to get into a jet...so bad.
I'm sure I'll crash and burn the first few times, naturally

Longshot

Shadybiz said:
But yeah...I need to get into a jet...so bad.
I'm sure I'll crash and burn the first few times, naturally
I watched some guy wait for a jet for a good 10 minutes (I was waiting after him, admittedly) only to see him crash straight into the hill. Funny stuff.

Helicopters are laughably easy to fly, they should be harder, more of a challenge.

Heysoos

I know it's probably not going to happen, but an all airplane mode like the one in BF1943 would be baller as shit. Really sharpened my flying skills for the other maps, plus it was fun as shit to get away from some of the monotony of just using tanks or being on foot.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DO I SEE RAIN??

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!!!!!!!!!!

now snow pls

Arcipello

anyone else getting a crash issue??? basically the game stops responding and then the desktop appears and i have to ctrl alt del to close down BF3 :(

Herla

I joned a server and everytime I spawned, no matter what control point I chose, I found myself teleported in front of a guy inside a jet...dying instantly. And with me there were tanks and jeeps falling from the sky...what the hell.

I'm okay with dying like that (it's a beta), but the fact that I needed to stay alive in order to quit really was a major pain in the ass.

Hulud

Herla said:
I joned a server and everytime I spawned, no matter what control point I chose, I found myself teleported in front of a guy inside a jet...dying instantly. And with me there were tanks and jeeps falling from the sky...what the hell.

I'm okay with dying like that (it's a beta), but the fact that I needed to stay alive in order to quit really was a major pain in the ass.
If you're on PC you can just alt-tab out then close the window instead of using the ingame menus to leave.

Herla said:

You could just have alt+f4 that shit or killed it in task manager. ;)

Edit : Beaten. But pretty cool spawn spot lol

Menelaus

Banned
Heysoos said:
I know it's probably not going to happen, but an all airplane mode like the one in BF1943 would be baller as shit. Really sharpened my flying skills for the other maps, plus it was fun as shit to get away from some of the monotony of just using tanks or being on foot.
They said they're considering for a post launch DLC.

Shadybiz

Heysoos said:

Yes, that would be spectacular, for sure.

Arcipello said:
anyone else getting a crash issue??? basically the game stops responding and then the desktop appears and i have to ctrl alt del to close down BF3 :(

I had that during Metro, in the subway section. I updated my graphics drivers and it ran with no hitches after that. No idea whether that's your problem or not, but it's worth a try.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So in the Firestorm video it was said you could turn on/off the laser, I had no idea you could do that. Is that possible in the beta?

And it looks like there are quite a few permanent structures which is a bit disappointing, but I guess that’s for balance reasons?

belvedere said:
So in the Firestorm video it was said you could turn on/off the laser, I had no idea you could do that. Is that possible in the beta?

And it looks like there are quite a few permanent structures which is a bit disappointing, but I guess that’s for balance reasons?

Yes to both

Top Bottom