• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Manager

Out of the new screenshots, this one is probably my favourite. Damn, those graphics, wow.

Also, the one's two pages back were really fucked by the jpeg compression, completely obvious specially one this screenshot. I recommend previously linked PlanetBattlefield versions.

Manager

Ysiadmihi said:
Was on a lag free server til the game crashed at the end of a round. Now every one I try has unplayable lag :(

What I don't get is how it worked perfectly when it was password protected. A lot of people trying to join shouldn't be a problem either, since there's like 100 servers with free slots. I have 100mbit and picked a server nearby with low ping, and there's still tons of lag.

Hopefully it will get better during the evening, I just don't understand why this is happening now.

How are the cheats in this game? I'm not asking because I want some, but I just saw an user on a server with 130:10 stats and around 77k points at the end of the round. I'm not the one who complains about good players, but his reflexes and movements seemed a bit off.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LEGGZZZZ said:
Yes! Fears of the PS3 version have been erased. Looks great.
No fear dood.

Daniel Collin and Christina Coffin have our backs.

Just saw a guy that got in, did 22 kills in two seconds the left (got kicked?)

He was teleporting people and insta killing them... freaking pos cheaters.

Metalmurphy said:

At least my guy was a bit more subtle. :lol

CozMick

Banned
Ok, that PS3 multiplayer footage is godly, after playing the beta I didn't expect anything close to that amount of detail.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Manager said:
What I don't get is how it worked perfectly when it was password protected. .
The reason you don't get it is because it didn't work perfectly when it was password protected, you just got lucky then and you're not getting lucky now.

All of the lag and crashing was going on back then too.

Manager

Woo-Fu said:
The reason you don't get it is because it didn't work perfectly when it was password protected, you just got lucky then and you're not getting lucky now.

All of the lag and crashing was going on back then too.

Ah thanks, I somehow missed all that.

Makoto

"Be advised, objective has been taken. We have won this one. Fuck them."

The only US VO line that I can say I actually enjoy. Moreso for its delivery than the line itself.

LEGGZZZZ

Violater said:
Time to show some conquest maps on consoles dammit.
Plus that Bazar map looks just as blurry as metro

Yeah I really want to see how Conquest will be "scaled down" for 24 players. Since it looks like whatever offers 32 players on pc can be scaled down to use 24 players on console (going by BFBC2 and Rush mode in BF3) I imagine console players should be playing on maps that are scaled down by about half their size, since 32 is half of 64, with maybe a vehicle removed here and there to help keep balance? All speculation of course though.

ACE 1991

I join a game, get through the loading screen, then am treated to a black screen with the "beta" watermark at the top. What the fuck. Anyone else having this problem?

Deadly said:
I keep getting the display card error crash =( Think my videocard really can't handle the 64 players.

I really hope this is just a beta issue. I got a blue screen for the first time ever on my system while playing last night on metro.

Herla

Metalmurphy said:

And here I thought it was just a terrifying bug...heh.
The same happened to me, but the guy was using a a jet on the ground.

I didn't understand the frustration some players were having when they were killed by another using the UMP... That is until I used it. That gun is insane lol Taking 4-5 enemies out at a time is hilarious

Deadly

RukusProvider said:
Caspain is unplayable right now. Looks great and my framerate is very good but the amount of lag is ridiculous.
I think the lag only comes form the artofplay servers. I joined a multiplay server and there was no lag at all.

zomaha

Oh shit, Caspian the same day my gtx 570 arrives. Perfect.

Can't believe Bazaar footage is ps3, either. Gat dayum that's purdy.

Orgun

Played my first game on Caspian...splurge. THIS is fucking Battlefield, the choice of metro truly boggles my mind.

Love it, wub wub wub wub

F#A#Oo

Banned
Anyone know how many levels there are for rankings?

I think prestige mode is in because some guy I played against had an eagle and he was like rank 6/7...

Manager

F#A#Oo said:
Anyone know how many levels there are for rankings?

I think prestige mode is in because some guy I played against had an eagle and he was like rank 6/7...

I think prestige mode is the service stars, so it doesn't start over. He might have picked up a kit from someone who had the eagle unlocked.

I think some dude on a server said the beta is capped at lvl 47, not sure though.

edit
Googling it, apparently there's no cap in the beta. Not sure what max lvl is though.

Manager

Sethos said:
Shit like that makes me cringe, when apparently the world's worst player is showing off games, always happens. Get someone with at least a modicum of skills, makes for a more enjoyable watch and maybe actually get people more pumped. I couldn't watch that for more than 2 minutes, I just couldn't.

/rant

I cringed at first, but then I remembered I just earlier saw Gamespot's horrible "Now playing" of Forza 4. They even called themselves "Gamespot's own Stig". He literally clips every corner, out in the sand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2KyyBCwagI

Kind of weirder when the developers themselves can't handle it though, like with DICE's case.

Top Bottom