• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

mr_nothin

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Damn, managed to join the UK server for like 3 minutes. Ran, capped a flag, then disconnected.
LLShC.gif
I was in that same server XD

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Dilly said:
A wait in line function sure would be handy for these things.

I just mashed on "Join Server" for about ten seconds, came back five minutes later and it was still making attempts to join.

(didn't get in though :()

Binabik15

How are you guys getting so many points per minzte?

I have 228/min. Clawed my way up from 212 with the last few games. People run away from my health packs and ammo packs, engi has nothing to repair etc. Are you killing 50 guys per round or what? Getting really good with a singke class/gun? I need to get better at that whole master race thing :( At least I´´ve become a lot better than in the beginning of the beta.

Any tips to get noobtube kills? It seems a bit weak. I fired into the ventilation shaft repeatedly and got hit markers every time, but nobody died. They might have had health packs, but a rocket would´ve killed them good. Only 3 kills and I want smokes, dammit!

Maybe I´ll rock Caspian as a badass engi later, I have an itch to blow shit up. I want to fire a SAM already, why won´t it let you blindfire?!

Edit: looking at the server browser, my lowest ping would be 109 for a German 64 player server, that´s more than double for a Metro server. Is that normal with many players?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I was really considering not picking this game up at all after I got screwed by Origin.

5 minutes on Caspian Border changed my mind :D

Enkidu said:
Only the PC beta actually included the map I believe, which is probably why it's not included in the console beta. Although it would probably be nice if they showed off some console conquest before the release of the game, because so far it's hard to tell how much the mode will be affected by the changes.
Ah, that makes sense. And I agree - I'd be happy with just a video of conquest. I just want to see how it is on console.

Joined a Caspian Server...

Menu cycled like crazy after i joined the game - i keep shooting cant stop it...

have to go to work now...

sad_frogt8qx.jpg

Binabik15

Damn, 35-120 fps, that´s not good, not good AT ALL. With 2x6950.

Shot down a plane within the first 30 secs or so, pretty cool. Killed a few guys around a flag, got killed, killed some of them etc. Repaired a tank on my team, gunner left, I entered, popped a few mg bullets at a tank and server crashed.

Heh. Not happy with the performance :(

And I´ll get crucified, but I´m not sure what´s so great about running around flags.

Izayoi

Banned
Binabik15 said:
Damn, 35-120 fps, that´s not good, not good AT ALL. With 2x6950.

Shot down a plane within the first 30 secs or so, pretty cool. Killed a few guys around a flag, got killed, killed some of them etc. Repaired a tank on my team, gunner left, I entered, popped a few mg bullets at a tank and server crashed.

Heh. Not happy with the performance :(

And I´ll get crucified, but I´m not sure what´s so great about running around flags.
Not happy with the performance?

What.

Manager

Binabik15 said:
It sucks from going from 60 to 35 :(

To be fair, they have always said you'll ned 2x580 for pure Ultra performance. Metro is more closed up and fewer players. My framerate always takes a big hike up as soon as I entered the subway.

Izayoi

Banned
Binabik15 said:
It sucks from going from 60 to 35 :(
What were you expecting?

There's not really much can be done. You're doubling the player count and increasing the map size by a factor of at least 10.

I am getting about as good performance with my GTX570 on caspian as metro (when outside). Anyway, yeah it's fantastic, this is what I fucking want.

Binabik15

Manager said:
To be fair, they have always said you'll ned 2x580 for pure Ultra performance. Metro is more closed up and fewer players. My framerate always takes a big hike up as soon as I entered the subway.

I´m not even running everything at Ultra, though, and no HBAO.

fanboi

Banned
Spookie said:
Fuck saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

DoTA 2, Rage, Dark Souls and now this. I NEED AN EXTENDED WEEKEND! STAT!

You're learning only now the GAF hive mind are a fickle bunch?

Nope but this was so SOOO obvious

red731

Question

the_office_quote.jpg

If I can acces battlelog with my EA ps3 account - meaning that I don't have Origin.
Can I somehow download the beta and run it through the ps3 account?
Which will create second soldier marked as PC?

Can some tell me what buttons on the controller I should map the helicopter controls to? It's painful having to run past an empty chopper because I don't have the means to fly it.

red731 said:
Question

the_office_quote.jpg

If I can acces battlelog with my EA ps3 account - meaning that I don't have Origin.
Can I somehow download the beta and run it through the ps3 account?
Which will create second soldier marked as PC?
Your EA Account should work on Origin fine. Mine does. I just have two soldiers on the account.

Damn the servers are lagging a lot, other than that, fucking awesome. Really fucking awesome. Has DICE comfirmed how many conquest maps there will be? Caspian alone I could play for weeks, will probably not touch RUSH again until next year, lol.

Manager

Binabik15 said:

That's weird. I have 1x6950 and can run in almost everything (except shadows and effects) in Ultra, SSAO in 1080p. Not sure what framerate but it should be above 30fps.

Try lowering shadows to like medium and effects and see what happens. Could also be your CPU acting up, but with those GPUs I guess the CPU's good too.

Izayoi

Banned
Binabik15 said:
Then something is wrong. I'm getting better framerates than you with a single GTX 580 w/ everything at ultra and that should not be happening.

Manager

Izayoi said:
Then something is wrong. I'm getting better framerates than you with a single GTX 580 w/ everything at ultra and that should not be happening.

Yeah, sounds like it doesn't take use of the Crossfire.

Also, CPU part:
Manager said:
That's weird. I have 1x6950 and can run in almost everything (except shadows and effects) in Ultra, SSAO in 1080p. Not sure what framerate but it should be above 30fps.

Try lowering shadows to like medium and effects and see what happens. Could also be your CPU acting up, but with those GPUs I guess the CPU's good too.

Manager

evlcookie said:
Oh shit caspian is back? Nice. Hopefully there's some local AU servers i can check out

With the two letters they have to describe server origin, how do they separate Austria from Australia? Only seen European servers, guess Austria is AU.

derFeef

Manager said:
With the two letters they have to describe server origin, how do they separate Austria from Australia? Only seen European servers, guess Austria is AU.
Austria is considered as Europe, because we are in Europe.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Most of the servers I manage to join are super laggy, why don't server admins halve player numbers or something if they can't handle them maxed? Anyway, Conquest as expected runs much worse for me, at least with 64 players, maybe it would improve with less. Playable but not as fun. Would the beta drivers improve it on lower end PCs? I think it's more my CPU at fault though. I'm just waiting for a WHQL stable version since it seems like Nvidia will be including both BF3 and Rage stuff soon?

jorma

is now taking requests
Manager said:

Austria is normally AT

derFeef

Was there a second update before the server opened? I only played the first two days and it was very buggy at times. I would imagine Caspian to brake even more.

Top Bottom