• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
samus4ever said:
Am I not going to get an email from EA? I bought that POS Medal of Honor last year and registered it.
I've gotten one for 360 and one for PS3 so far for MoH. Did you get it on PC?

U2NUMB

Oh boy.. just finished my first match on the 360.

Game plays very well.. BUT they have a TON of work to do. Graphic issues all over the place. Bullet tracers hang in the air all over. Framrate dropped to 10 for a long time until it locked up my 360. textures take forever to load.

On consoles anyways I agree with those that say BC2 might overall look better. I hope my console just messed up as it got progressively worse as the game went on but not a good first impression sadly.

Again.. gameplay was and is awesome.

Pumpkins

Does anyone know the deal with people who participated in the alpha? Like there was this email EA sent out that said alpha testers have priority access to the beta.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Pumpkins said:
Does anyone know the deal with people who participated in the alpha? Like there was this email EA sent out that said alpha testers had priority access to the beta.
Some got it and some didn't. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it.

samus4ever said:
Am I not going to get an email from EA? I bought that POS Medal of Honor last year and registered it.

I thought MoH, was actually pretty good. ._.

Did you buy the limited/Tier 1 edition ? Cuz the regular edition came with a code, but not BF3 beta access.

Ysiadmihi said:
I'm pretty sure you had to preorder before the 25th to get into the beta early.

...though I did and never got my key, so maybe they'll fuck up and send you one anyway.

Damn. :( Hope you get your key soon!

Oh well, all I can do is hope for the best.

RoboPlato said:
I've gotten one for 360 and one for PS3 so far for MoH. Did you get it on PC?

No Xbox. I haven't gotten an email. It shows up on my registered games on my EA account page.

AngelSoldier said:
I thought MoH, was actually pretty good. ._.

Did you buy the limited/Tier 1 edition ? Cuz the regular edition came with a code, but not BF3 beta access.

I also did get the limited edition. It said on the back of the box it qualified for the BF3 beta.

It wasn't a bad game but I want my beta key lol.

Aguirre

295181.png

Feel bad for all the people who haven't gotten in and preordered ahead of time. It's kinda crazy how us MOH Standard Edition purchasers got early access keys.

ClovingSteam said:

MORE PLEASE

EDIT: Damn, shoulda just circled the whole sandbag, looks AWFUL. Didn't seem that bad in the 360 vids I saw.

Wow, so far this game feels like a massive disappointment here, the map sucks pretty much encourages spawn camping. I'm actually preferring BC2 at the moment which is odd. Maybe just need to get more acquainted here but first impressions aren't good at all.

Nuborn

jesus christ the framerate in the last area on 360 is DREADFUL, but the game is really fun and feels a great improvement over BC2.

Yeah some stuff like the sandbags look terrible in the 360-version, half the time the textures haven't even loaded when you come up close to them.

I'm starting to like how it plays though, shooting and movement feels like a big improvment from BC2. I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea to only let us play a pretty boring no vehicles map :/

taoofjord

PC maxed out here. Game is gorgeous, plays well, but the map (and Rush) is boring. I need conquest and a more open map that has vehicles and more players, please.

kamspy

I feel like I would have liked this map as an intermission from the vehicle mayhem of all the other maps. I think the beta is going to ruin it for a lot of people.

I still love the map from the BC2 beta, so who knows.

MNC

Metro is already boring me lol. Tunnels and last part are the best environments. Can't wait for the inevitable Caspian Border announcement!

Performance wise, will other maps be more heavy performance wise or is it all just pretty much the same? I can't imagine Caspian Border being too much more stressing, but then again... I can. :/

Ysiadmihi

Banned
/sigh

Still no code. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The DS2 code they sent me was already in use and now they don't even send me my BF3 code. I was really hoping Origin wouldn't be so bad.

OverHeat

« generous god »
If I dont received my code by tomorrow its gonna -1 sale for you EA. FU for not sending me my code after I payed good money for MoH on day 1. Total disrespect for your consumer EA.

U2NUMB

Nuborn said:
jesus christ the framerate in the last area on 360 is DREADFUL, but the game is really fun and feels a great improvement over BC2.

I had the same issue at the same spot. Felt like 15 fps tops. The other two in my squad had no issues.. shortly after that my 360 locked up.

Why the FUCK WOULD THEY MAKE IT BROWSER BASED?!

Fucking EA/DICE, not everyone has default settings in browser. I can't hear anyone in party. When you click party, it doesn't register that you accepted the invite. You have to close the browser and reopen it. Not only that but the fucking browser itself takes a lot of RAM..

Not only that, but the friends list is not properly integrated and importing friends from Origin doesn't work properly.

DEAR DICE, give me the fucking choice or so help me god, I am cancelling all the fucking preorders. FUCK!

PaNaMa

Banned
For anyone who is still without their key, and who preordered on Origin: Round 2 with EA chat support went a lot better. The chat agent confirmed my account/order and gave me my beta code. He had no explanation as to why my email invite never arrived. "Might have been a problem with the server" was the only explanation offered.

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5740

Currently downloading PC beta client via Origin. Finally!

DTKT

CrazedArabMan said:
Wow, so far this game feels like a massive disappointment here, the map sucks pretty much encourages spawn camping. I'm actually preferring BC2 at the moment which is odd. Maybe just need to get more acquainted here but first impressions aren't good at all.

Yeah, the first point on Caspian is just terrible. People in bushes. EVERYWHERE.

Give us smokes god dammit.

Pennybags

gibon3z said:
Yup if a tiny detail such as a sandbag can be overlooked imagine how other things are neglected.

A 2007 game had better looking sandbags.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1310/crysis2009120704395389.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[I]Crysis[/I] is [I]really[/I] not what you should be comparing the 360 version to, lol.

aeiko

Banned
errmmm so I downloaded the beta via Origin client.

now when i launch game it takes me to battlelog and says:

"YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOGIN"

WTFFFF

Izayoi

Banned
gibon3z said:
Yup if a tiny detail such as a sandbag can be overlooked imagine how other things are neglected.

A 2007 game had better looking sandbags.
Yeah, compare a PC game to a 360 game.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
PaNaMa said:
For anyone who is still without their key, and who preordered on Origin: Round 2 with EA chat support went a lot better. The chat agent confirmed my account/order and gave me my beta code. He had no explanation as to why my email invite never arrived. "Might have been a problem with the server" was the only explanation offered.

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5740

Currently downloading PC beta client via Origin. Finally!

Congrats. I haven't been able to get a hold of any EA support all day. At this point I figure I should just cut my losses and get the game cheaper elsewhere.

Top Bottom