• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

winnarps

nitric0 said:
Check your email/junk mail associated to the account. I'm still waiting for mine, preordered a month ago

Same boat.

Was the whole reason I pre-ordered, really. Kinda BS how much a clusterfuck this's been.

Guess I'll go for a run.

Soma

Downloading the beta on PS3 yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

...gotta leave in a few hours noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

vitaminwateryum said:
Anyone else getting a lot of tearing / weird clipping on PC? The game looked fine during alpha , so maybe it's just the drivers.

Let's see...

1. White tearing.
2. Battlelog sucks ass.
3. Back key gets stuck and the player keeps on going back. When you die, the back button is still held/pressed. No, it ain't my keyboard or else I wouldn't be able to type. S S S S S S S. See, i'm typing with the damn button. Setting controls to default doesn't fix it either.
4. A generic game error was reported, please try again. ( code: 1 )

Cobra84

This game seems like a disaster. Horrible "I'm dead before anyone actually shoots me" lag despite a 60ms ping, glitchy movement, underground prone, bouncing crouch, and unappealing gameplay on a terrible map. 64 player Caspian Border Conquest would have been a much better choice on the PC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Question: I have MoH LE disc... but I got it from someone else. If I buy the online pass, you think I'd be able to get into the PS3 beta?

zedge said:
Can't join any games on PC, is something up? Just sits joining server...

Yes. Something is up. Battlelog is up. This is worse than playing a game on Facebook Poker.

Guess what? You have to MANUALLY score through all servers so that it can sort the full/empty servers. If you don't, it'll just sort the servers you see. Bullshit!

Definity

Anyone know how old of a build the beta is for the 360?
The frame rate bottoms out in the last part of the level, and I've had a good deal of visual glitches (green screen flickers, getting stuck in iron sights).
I seem to get stuck on geometry as well when the jump animation doesn't want to kick in.

shinnn

faulty_fork said:
Yeah some stuff like the sandbags look terrible in the 360-version

bf3_sadbagsa4i7.jpg

Just curious why some people only noticed this now.

th3dude

Some quick impressions:

1. Battlelog is OK as a stats hub, but as the server browse? AWFUL.
2. These servers are buggy as hell. 4 times dropped connection, which brings me to my next point
3. Being disconnected from the game hard crashes the game, since there is no in game menus... WTF
4. Cannot access options while not in game
5. Cannot access options when not alive... This is an AWFUL implementation

Thats all for now

NIN90

shagg_187 said:
Yes. Something is up. Battlelog is up. This is worse than playing a game on Facebook Poker.

Guess what? You have to MANUALLY score through all servers so that it can sort the full/empty servers. If you don't, it'll just sort the servers you see. Bullshit!

Dude. Give it a break. It's beta on launch day.

Anilusion said:
What were you expecting?

With the amount of hype surrounding this game? ANYTHING.

I don't see how EA can put a fresh coat of paint on the same game and come out of the gates swinging and saying, "Yeah, we're finally going to dethrone COD!". I'll wait til I get some hands on time with the retail version, but so far this is a pass for me and a major disappointment. :(

Definity

Thermite said:
Are DICE still sending out codes to people who got the "beta priority access" email? I still haven't received anything yet. :(
No. According to the support forums all emails have went out.

nitric0

Thermite said:
Are DICE still sending out codes to people who got the "beta priority access" email? I still haven't received anything yet. :(
I just realized my email wasn't even verified (Even though I bought multiple items from Origin) Maybe that's why some people didn't get their keys?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So, I got the early access email, but I can't see BF3 via their instructions. I can see it when I search for it but when I try to download it, says "Content cannot be accessed on your account."

What the hell?! PSN Store failing me or something else? Anyone who can help?

Nekrono

Man why is the collision so bad in this game?!? Also there's tons of clipping!

This wasn't this bad on alpha, now it's a fucking mess, that's my only complaint so far, it's really annoying, I hope this gets fixed by release since it really makes the game feel sluggish as hell.

Any word on the servers running Caspian Border unlocking? I am dying to play that map but all of the servers set to it are locked.

Also, I don't think Battlelog is bad at all, in fact it is an improvement in my eyes. It runs 100% better than any DICE Server browser did on my computer ever.

I really really like it so far. Wish my system ran it a little better but we will see how it is when the full game releases. My only gripe with the beta right now is the fact that friendly fire is on...why. If I even remotely surprise a teammate I usually get a few rounds to the face

Game always bugs out on me when I try to full screen. Can't see shit in windows mode. Game also freaks out whenever I try to confirm setting changes.

This doesn't feel any less broken than alpha for me =/

Nekrono

Poker360 said:
This picture I took of the 360 version pretty much sums up my impressions:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291720_286023684744016_100000091603668_1309095_1384161617_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Happens on PC as well, collision and clipping are fucking terrible.

Without it this would feel like a really polished beta.

Thermite

Definity said:
No. According to the support forums all emails have went out.

Welp. :(

nitric0 said:
I just realized my email wasn't even verified (Even though I bought multiple items from Origin) Maybe that's why some people didn't get their keys?

I'm like 99.9% sure my email is verified, I have no idea why I didn't receive an email with a code. You don't have to be signed up for Gun Club, right?..

KPunk

downloading now, i cant wait to play are the beta drivers a huge upgrade for nvidia? someone gave me a beta code on slickdeals :)

MutantCyborg said:
Any word on the servers running Caspian Border unlocking? I am dying to play that map but all of the servers set to it are locked.

Also, I don't think Battlelog is bad at all, in fact it is an improvement in my eyes. It runs 100% better than any DICE Server browser did on my computer ever.

The community manager hinted at releasing something big tomorrow for the PC crowd if things go well today. Could be Caspian Border or could be something else, have to wait to find out.

Geoff9920

sn1pes said:
Some quick impressions:

1. Battlelog is OK as a stats hub, but as the server browse? AWFUL.
2. These servers are buggy as hell. 4 times dropped connection, which brings me to my next point
3. Being disconnected from the game hard crashes the game, since there is no in game menus... WTF
4. Cannot access options while not in game
5. Cannot access options when not alive... This is an AWFUL implementation

Thats all for now
Yeah, that last one was bugging the shit out of me during my first match.

*attempting to switch key binds*
*dies*
*continues switching key binds*
*dies*

Heh, it's annoying now, but I give it a pass since this is only a beta. Now in retail...

Fourman said:
The community manager hinted at releasing something big tomorrow for the PC crowd if things go well today. Could be Caspian Border or could be something else, have to wait to find out.

I really hope it is Caspian Border; I think the community would agree with me in saying that map will be a major deciding factor in keeping their pre-orders or not. I hope DICE didn't mess up.

WHAT THE FUCK.

I waited in the chat cue for over two hours and then, Bam!

There are no advisors available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.

Fuck you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheAzRim said:
What i would do for a ps3 beta code...

I know i know no begging

I'm about to drop $10 on a long shot... something I'm 99% sure will not work.

But..... that 1% chance...

7i0Qg.jpg

Top Bottom